Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 30th May 2009, 13:27   #1
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Twingo Silverstone
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
The_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud of
Default Cat's starbo ep 82 - Now forged & sequential!

Well I haven't been on the site much since I sold off my french car stuff so I thought I'd do a little thread on my starbo that I now own since moving away from the french scene.

Might not be to some folks tastes since it aint french but you can't please everyone!

Pretty much it's a cut down of my garage thread on toyotagtturbo.com

Right, finally got home yesterday, so was finally able to go and pic up the car I had sorted a deal with before I went offshore. So finally I truely am part of the starbo world!

After deciding randomly I felt like a change of car, browsed the usual places, ebay, piston heads, local car seller things etc etc and found a decent sounding GT semi close to where I live.

Went into looking at teh car quite unprepared which could mean I got raped, but for the price I don't think it's bad at all. Although I could easily be proved wrong!

After a bit of negotiation, managed to get it for £1850 with 6 months tax & mot.

Few pics:

Noticed a few wee problems with it as no car is perfect at that price!:
front left damper radged - Got coilovers
carpet has been cut - wtf really!
rear wiper doesn't work - not sure, can hear something moving like lol

Also have a few questions regarding this as the seller didn't have much answers:
Exhaust, what kind is it?
Pics:

Also the alloys, are they worth anything?
Aaron said they're worth a bit if cleaned up, would like some more opinions as they will be sold most likely:

piss pics but it's cold out there!

Also have had parts waiting for me for when I got home before I even got the car lol Will psot pics of em soon.

Constructive opinions, advice and any information about the car is welcome!

Last edited by The_Notorious_C_A_T; 15th June 2009 at 19:36.
The_Notorious_C_A_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 13:28   #2
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

The_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud ofThe_Notorious_C_A_T has much to be proud of
Default Cat's EP82 Starbo thread - now forged

Few of the parts that I have bought for it:

BC Coilovers:

Air filter relocation kit:

Team dynamic Pro Race 1.2's:

Head unit and trays fitted:

4 pot setup:

Turbo:

Recaro seats:

Brake cylinder stopper:

HDI Intercooler:

Sequential shifter:

Braided lines:

Arc top mount intercooler:

Zisco equal length stainless manifold:

Zisco stainless decat:

Last edited by The_Notorious_C_A_T; 8th June 2009 at 10:11.
Old 30th May 2009, 13:44   #3
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Also while owning it I have fitted or sorted:
-timing belt
-water pump
-samco radiator hosing
-new drive shaft
-rear wiper
-rear wiper spray
-white line adjustable pan hard rod
-intererior light
-Jam racing JDM ecu
-baileys dump valve
-coolent thermo stat
-spark plugs
-fuel filter

Although I have sold the new turbo, manifold, decat, HDI intercooler and ARC intercooler and I have purchased a hybrid td04l turbo which is meant to be good for 300 ponys. It comes with a new mani, turbo, decat, intercooler, radiator and all the fitting stuff.
Along with this kit I have also bought bigger injectors from the same supplier, just waiting for them to arrive just now.

Also in the next month the engine will be getting forged so I can safely run the hybrid td04l at 1.4-1.5 bar of boost along with a new paddle clutch, trd engine mounts and an engine damper.
Old 30th May 2009, 18:04   #4
Steve_90
Established Member
Central South Region Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Steve_90 will become famous soon enoughSteve_90 will become famous soon enough

Very nice mate, love these little things lol. im actually looking at Glanza's atm.
Mate has a GT running just short of 300, its a beast!
Old 1st June 2009, 09:38   #5
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

whats been done to the glanza to run 300?
Old 1st June 2009, 09:46   #6
Wayne
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Icelandtic Grey Citroen Saxo VTS 53 Turbo
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!

Love it buddy like the new goodies you've bought for the car

Wayne's Turbo S: In Progress. Powered By AS Developments.Signature edited to comply with forum rules: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 10:17   #7
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

some nice toys there mate! this is gonna be an interesting progress thread
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 11:15   #8
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Very good.

Will look forward to this progress!
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 11:23   #9
Aaron
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): ..............
iTrader Score: 32 (100%)
Aaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to beholdAaron is a splendid one to behold

starrrrbooo
theres alot of parts
just shame to see them not fitted tbh
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 11:59   #10
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
starrrrbooo
theres alot of parts
just shame to see them not fitted tbh
Most are fitted, except the turbo/mani/decat and shifter. That turbo/mani/decat is being sold and something bigger is on it's way And the main reason any parts I'm keeping aren't on is that I have been away working for 5 weeks and they arrived when I was away.

Thanks lads, will keep it updated as it goes. It is alot longer thread but I couldn't be arsed to properly take everything from tgtt as alot is maintenance side of things, so cut it down so I don't have lots of posts with little updates.

Last edited by The_Notorious_C_A_T; 1st June 2009 at 12:05.
Old 1st June 2009, 12:18   #11
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Just reading over the thread and it does look like none of the parts are fitted lol.

Some pics of them fitted:

Team Dynamics & Wilwoods:

Lots of blue hosing:

Samco Hosing:

Recaro's:

Interior stuff: Note - that pedal was there when I got it, just haven't removed it yet!!

BC Coilovers (adjustable top mount part):

Cusco cylinder stopper:

Air filter relocation:

I am tempted to fit the shifter today but I am going down to england with the car on Wednesday and would prefer to have it standard shifting just incase lol
Old 7th June 2009, 19:18   #12
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Few pics of the forged engine from tm developments:

Mileage before fitting:

Fitted:

Engine damper:

TRD mounts:
Old 8th June 2009, 16:14   #13
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

More stuff that has arrived:

Turbo in bits to rotate:

Although I don't have a set of clip things to manage to rotate the housing, so it's back together with it pointing towards the front of the car if it was in lol

Also half the kit is missing, where it's gone I am unsure as I was given 2 tracking numbers and I collected 2 packages. So investigating whats went on there like! lol

Also received new rear disks as mine are a bit past it. Didn't take any pics of those though, not really interesting.
Old 8th June 2009, 16:49   #14
Eskimo
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Fabia vRS + Miata
iTrader Score: 11 (92%)
Eskimo has a spectacular aura aboutEskimo has a spectacular aura about

Nice mate!
Eskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2009, 18:25   #15
chrisgordon7
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo vts 16v mk2 silver
chrisgordon7 is on a distinguished road

lovely car mate
chrisgordon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 10:11   #16
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

The offending compressor housing locating pin in location:

The offending compressor housing locating pin removed:

The offending compressor housing locating pin itself!:

The Exhaust housing buffed off:

All finished rotating:

Just need to "engineer" the actuator to fit now due to the rotation then at least it's ready to throw on.
Old 10th June 2009, 13:05   #17
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Post brought some more parts of the turbo kit!:

Old 15th June 2009, 19:35   #18
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Few more parts arrived when I got home:

New leads, dizzy stuff, rear bearings, bearing caps (or whatever they're called), exhaust gasket, rear brake pads and sump plug.

New rad and injectors.

Need a few more gaskets and bolts and I should be good to start throwing on shit to the car. Hopefully pick them up tomorrow from town. Hopefully so I can get stuff on this week.
Old 15th June 2009, 19:35   #19
The_Notorious_C_A_T
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Today I made a little head way into getting some of the junk that I've bought onto the car, even though it was raining!:

Off with the old:

Mid process:

Finally fitted:

Just took it out for a spin, feels really weird although I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Although things didn't go smoothly, mainly this:

Oooops!

So I had to throw on my new leads as well for that, so put on the new dizzy and rotor arm while at it:

note thats before they are pushed in properly and yes my engine bay is filthy
Old 15th June 2009, 20:07   #20
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

some mental progress !!!!!

looks like it's going to be rapid once finished!!!!