Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 2nd November 2010, 11:41   #1
SaxoAL
Saxperience Addict
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Project MK4 MoreDoor
iTrader Score: 31 (100%)
SaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team member
Default Not a saxo, but my latest project...MK4 Golf Turbo - 'The Rusty Customz - Project MK4 MoreDoor'

Kept meaning to put a progress thread up on here, as its the forum I will always keep coming back to, no matter what car I have!

I sold my last VTS back in June. I wasn't in a major rush to buy something else, as I could have always used public transport or something for a while. But I had a craving for something VAG for a while and with money burning a hole in my pocket, I went out to look at a few Boras and MK4 Golfs.

I looked at a couple of well overpriced sheds. Some that had shocking resprays and overspray, some that had manky smelly interiors, some that just didnt look as mint nor have enough history to live up to my meticulous standards.

I'd spent the day go karting over Heathrow way and decided to rinse Mcdonalds free wifi and trawl Autotrader for local cars. Then a very reasonably priced 2001 Y-reg, silver mk4, 5dr silver golf 1.8T, popped up in my autotrader search, that was actually on our way home. So thought it would be rude not to view it on the way.

We got there and had a look around it. It was so clean (and by clean, I mean up to my standards of clean!!) Had a look through the fully stamped VW history. It drove so well too! Everything all added up perfectly. And the price at which it was advertised was too good to walk away from. So I made the guy a cheeky £150 cheaper offer (used the missing locking wheel nut bartering tactic) which he knocked me back to £100 off and I ripped his hand off! So I became the proud owner of a very mint, highly maintained, 100% standard MK4 silver 5dr Golf 1.8T. A perfect basis for me to start a new project on......

Heres a couple of pictures of when I got it.

First jobs on the list were.

*Remove Rear wiper
*Take 'Golf' and 'GTI' off the boot
*Change the fishing rod style aerial for a stumpy style from a Civic Type R
*Remove all standard mudflaps
*Change the horrible wood trim effect gearknob to a nice Richbrook equivalent.

And I gave the car a good going over with a bucket of soapy water.
It was looking so much better already :-)

I then decided to tackle the height issue. For convenience and price purposes, I opted for a set of Eibach Sportline springs, which lowered the car 45mm on the front and 35mm on the rear.

It was nice to have a lowered car, but I wanted something a bit different. So I managed to source a set of 9x18" BBS CH reps through work. Fitted up a set of 215/40/18 tyres, for a bit of stretch and got them on the car. This was literally a day before Trax in September. So I was pleased I had my new wheels on for then, although I wasn't happy with the stance. So coilovers and spacers were ordered immediately...

Here it is on my stand at Trax...

And now we get to my most recent modification. I managed to get Apex coilovers for next to nothing through work and also sourced 12mm hubcentric spacers for the front and 16mm for the rear.

All this was fitted a couple of weeks ago by our workshop technicians.
I've had to keep the car at a sensible height for the moment as the ARB was fouling on the driveshaft when we originally lowered it on the coilovers. So I have to get the ARB sorted asap then it will be going right down to the ground and I'll be getting 25mm rear spacers and putting my 16mm ones to the front.

Heres a couple of pictures as it stands now.

Look forward to peoples comments, good or bad. I will keep this thread updated with whatever I do to it.

Last edited by SaxoAL; 4th November 2010 at 12:01.
SaxoAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2010, 12:25   #2
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

Likey.
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2010, 12:35   #3
SaxoAL
Saxperience Addict

SaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team memberSaxoAL is a well respected team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J222JRA View Post
Likey.
thanks mate.

I've got some nice plans for this, money permitting. So we will see what next year holds.
Old 2nd November 2010, 13:51   #4
Lewis
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Megane 225
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Lewis is on a distinguished road

Not bad for a 5 door Hope you don't go down the usually DUB route and try something different
Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2010, 13:59   #5
scotty_04
Established Member

Car(s): 2000 vw golf 20v turbo
scotty_04 is on a distinguished road

looks awsome ive got a mk 4 turbo now aswell i saw it at trax love the wheels same wheels i want what have you got planned for it ?

Last edited by scotty_04; 2nd November 2010 at 14:02.
scotty_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2010, 17:56   #6
SaxoAL
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
Not bad for a 5 door Hope you don't go down the usually DUB route and try something different
Cheers mate. I didn't really need a 5 door, but it came up at a good price and I thought, why not be different and mod a 5dr instead of a 3dr lol.
If I'm honest, there are so many dubbers out there that everything you can possibly do has been done already.. But we shall see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty_04 View Post
looks awsome ive got a mk 4 turbo now aswell i saw it at trax love the wheels same wheels i want what have you got planned for it ?
Thanks fella
I'm on the lookout for some 10" rears in the CH's. Might even have to buy genuine ones if I can't get Porsche or BMW fitment reps.
I'll be doing the CH's in a mad colour/finish for next years shows hopefully. Haven't decided what yet though!
I'm planning on sorting the lowering out next. May even give the ARB a bash 2moro night. Then maybe smooth R32 kit. Or possibly smooth US bump strips all round. Really dont know kit wise yet, as there is so much out there for them. But getting the stance right is my top priority for now.
Old 4th November 2010, 10:10   #7
SaxoAL
Saxperience Addict

ARB has been removed now. Did it in the pitch black last night. Was an experience in itself!

Looking forward to being able to lower it right down on the coilovers now..
Old 4th November 2010, 10:19   #8
johnlambert
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Honda S2000
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
johnlambert is on a distinguished road

nicegolf mate,love the rims!!

pics of bay and interior?
johnlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 10:31   #9
SaxoAL
Saxperience Addict

Thanks mate.

Nothing special anywhere else at the moment. Engine may even stay standard on this one, as its going to be for show boating, not going fast lol!
Old 4th November 2010, 10:31   #10
Aly
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
Aly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura aboutAly has a spectacular aura about

Love the title Project MoreDoor.

VW's look good in Silver, look 'fresh'
Good progress so far.

More updates
Aly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 10:52   #11
SaxoAL
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly View Post
Love the title Project MoreDoor.

VW's look good in Silver, look 'fresh'
Good progress so far.

More updates
I love silver when its all clean. I miss my first silver saxo, that looked so fresh when cleaned and polished!

I'm thinking of getting a genuine R32 front bumper if one comes up for decent money. Will then get it all smoothed out. Still don't really know what to do with the back end. I've got to sort a smaller rear badge out, as its currently got no badge on it, as the huge VW one on there was horrid!

I will update with more pics once its lowered more and I'm happy with the stance. Really looking forward to that, as that the main thing I wanted to get spot on.
Old 4th November 2010, 11:04   #12
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore
North Wales Region Member

Car(s): e46 M Sport
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Proffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant future

Looks good mate, not too keen on the 5drs my self though.

I miss my golf, i love how the arches come out as well.

Cymru am Byth
Proffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 11:58   #13
SaxoAL
Saxperience Addict

No I wasn't keen on the five doors really until I saw some real inspirational ones.

I absolutely love the wide arches too. Can get some mega wide wheels under them!!
The Following User Says Thank You to SaxoAL For This Useful Post:
Old 4th November 2010, 12:01   #14
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore

Proffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant future

Both of them pics are pure sex

Ive been thinking about getting another golf, just for the wide look they have anout them Also, the recaro seats are awesome

Cymru am Byth
Old 4th November 2010, 12:03   #15
SaxoAL
Saxperience Addict

Recaros are sooo comfortable. I was thinking about getting mine trimmed in leather at some point. Either that or source some nice RS4 seats ot something.
Old 4th November 2010, 12:13   #16
scotty_04
Established Member

Car(s): 2000 vw golf 20v turbo
scotty_04 is on a distinguished road

they look awsome i thin my favourite thing about mine is the recaro's
Old 4th November 2010, 12:13   #17
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore

Are the RS4 seats the same as the Audi S3 seats? If so, YES...Do it

Cymru am Byth
Old 4th November 2010, 12:28   #18
SaxoAL
Saxperience Addict

Something like these maybe. Out of a B7 RS4. Mega money though!!

Old 4th November 2010, 12:41   #19
DannyVTS
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
DannyVTS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxoAL View Post
Something like these maybe. Out of a B7 RS4. Mega money though!!
And the Corsa VXR, Focus RS and i think the R26 Megane too..

They are Reacro something or others
Old 4th November 2010, 12:43   #20
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Very nice! The seats from Boras, Octavia Mk1s and other Mk4 Golfs are all a direct swap.

Just out of curiosity, are you going to be ratting this? "Rusty Customz"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote