Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 2nd October 2014, 12:03   #1
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road
Default The Paedophile hunter - TV Programme

Did anybody watch this last night?

Was having a discussion with the Mrs last night and she thinks that although these guys are obviously committing a crime, the girls should also have some form of punishment as at 14 + they know exactly what they are doing and can risk it seeing as they know there are no consequences for them.

Now I draw attention to the fact that on the show the guys posing as the girl in order to trap the men are apparently never the first to instigate contact (always in an 18+ chat room btw) and at many points of communication they let the men know their real age.

What are your opinions on this?

I can kind of understand what she is saying but at the same time I think that the older man having more life skills etc should rightly be the one who gets punished.
Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 12:52   #2
devilsadvocate
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf TDI
devilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud of

I watched about half of it and wasn't really sure how to react to be honest.

What he is doing is quite clearly exposing paedophiles but the way he goes about it is fairly uncontrolled and dangerous.

Others may disagree but if an 14/15 year old girls meets up with a 40 year old may who clearly knew his age and something happens then personally I think the girl has to take some responsibility for what has happened. The guy is clearly in the wrong, both morally and legally but it doesn't excuse the fact that someone of 14/15 knows what they are doing is wrong.

If they were younger then you could argue that they didn't know any better but with kids growing up quicker these days, I am not even sure you could say that.

You could argue all day but the fact remains that the guys are doing something immoral and illegal and that is what will be focussed on.

This Stinson Hunter dude lives in a proper shit hole though...
devilsadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 12:57   #3
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giraffe is on a distinguished road

Why is he so obsessed with targetting paedophiles? Was he abused or something? I didn't watch the "documentary" but find it a bit strange that someone devotes so much time to posing as young kids to try and catch potential predators.
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 12:58   #4
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore

He does indeed, he surprised me though at how passionate he was about what he did. On the face of it he didn't look like the type of person you would expect to be doing what he did.

There was something about him that put me on his side completely. The fact that he said he wouldn't hit them as it was not his responsibility to do that was good and when following the one guy he did plead with him not to walk certain ways as people know what he does and the guy could get hurt.

I imagine the fact he posts the videos on social media is the main gripe most people have but I think it's a great way of raising awareness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
Why is he so obsessed with targetting paedophiles? Was he abused or something? I didn't watch the "documentary" but find it a bit strange that someone devotes so much time to posing as young kids to try and catch potential predators.
No, he was actually a self confessed arse when he was younger. He mentioned he committed arson and went to prison. He felt when he came out that it was something he felt he had to do. Maybe he had the misfortune of bumping into convicted paedophiles in prison.

Last edited by Brettles1986; 2nd October 2014 at 13:09.
Old 2nd October 2014, 13:37   #5
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

I still don't think it sounds like "normal" behaviour. IMO it's the parents responsibility to ensure their kids are safe and educated about this kind of thing, not some apparently reformed criminal to go weeding them out by posing as a 12 year old girl for most of his time to try and catch people out... I'm sure he could contribute to society in more valuable ways and not just witch hunt people.

Was he full of self importance and righteousness?
Old 2nd October 2014, 14:18   #6
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): BMW 116d Regional Toner Sales Edition
D4MJT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
Others may disagree but if an 14/15 year old girls meets up with a 40 year old may who clearly knew his age and something happens then personally I think the girl has to take some responsibility for what has happened.
See I don't follow this school of thought at all.

Granted it was a while ago now, but when I was a younger chap, my impression of most 14/15 year old girls was that while they loved to think they were more mature than their years, it was mostly for show.

On the back of this, regardless of whether or not the said 14/15 year old girl does know exactly what she's doing, and it isn't for attention and she's generally attempting to bag an older guy, I don't understand the mindset of a 40 year old guy who actually wants to shag a 14/15 year old. Not only is it wrong on many levels, disregarding the social and moral implications of it all for a second, what is the point other than being a d0rty old p0rv0rt?

I may be in the minority, but I avoided girls my own age when I was younger, mostly as they were shit in the sack and giggling numpties? When I was 19 I had a steady relationship with a 26 year old. She wasn't a giggling 16 year old, and she had her own cash and her own car. If 16 year olds had zero appeal, never mind younger still, I don't get how it can be anything other than just wrong.

I also think Dave makes a very valid point. Kids seem to grow up scarily fast today, and I'd sooner shoot myself in the face than let my daughter out of the house dressed like some of the kids you see these days. Parents of these kids need to do some parenting.
D4MJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 14:30   #7
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
I still don't think it sounds like "normal" behaviour. IMO it's the parents responsibility to ensure their kids are safe and educated about this kind of thing, not some apparently reformed criminal to go weeding them out by posing as a 12 year old girl for most of his time to try and catch people out... I'm sure he could contribute to society in more valuable ways and not just witch hunt people.

Was he full of self importance and righteousness?
No he was pretty humble. They showed one case where he received a phone call saying someone he snared was sent down for what they did. He immediately broke down in tears as he felt that he had been validated, being that he was a little shit he thought it was great someone believed him over a teacher etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4MJT View Post
See I don't follow this school of thought at all.

Granted it was a while ago now, but when I was a younger chap, my impression of most 14/15 year old girls was that while they loved to think they were more mature than their years, it was mostly for show.

On the back of this, regardless of whether or not the said 14/15 year old girl does know exactly what she's doing, and it isn't for attention and she's generally attempting to bag an older guy, I don't understand the mindset of a 40 year old guy who actually wants to shag a 14/15 year old. Not only is it wrong on many levels, disregarding the social and moral implications of it all for a second, what is the point other than being a d0rty old p0rv0rt?

I may be in the minority, but I avoided girls my own age when I was younger, mostly as they were shit in the sack and giggling numpties? When I was 19 I had a steady relationship with a 26 year old. She wasn't a giggling 16 year old, and she had her own cash and her own car. If 16 year olds had zero appeal, never mind younger still, I don't get how it can be anything other than just wrong.

I also think Dave makes a very valid point. Kids seem to grow up scarily fast today, and I'd sooner shoot myself in the face than let my daughter out of the house dressed like some of the kids you see these days. Parents of these kids need to do some parenting.
I agree with you fully. My point to my Mrs was that the parents should know where and what their children are doing at that age. My daughter will not be out walking the streets or in gangs of youths hanging around bus shelters etc.

The way some of these youngsters dress is terrible and the parents should take responsibility for that. My daughter will not be leaving the house looking like that no matter what her age, when she lives under my roof she dresses decent or she doesn't leave the house.
Old 2nd October 2014, 14:30   #8
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

Good on him, he doesn't take the law into his own hands he just builds a solid case and evidence to hand to the police.

No matter if a girl is throwing herself at you, if she is under legal age and you are fully aware of that then it's a no go zone and if you take the risk you deserve the punishment.

Also older men on chat rooms etc. scream paedo to me!

What does seriously concern me though and any lad could fall victim to is that some girls who are 14/15 are getting tarted up and actually going down town. In these instances where there making out there older than they are then the blame is fully on them imo as you may honestly think they are 18+ as they get that dolled up.

Who's to blame here? The doorman/club for letting her in, her for slotting it up or you for not checking she is old enough prior to fuarking.

2 different scenarios but online stuff is where the paedo's lurk typically.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...457196&page=21
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 14:32   #9
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Thing is Matt (D4MJT Matt), kids are also way way way more sexualised at a young age nowadays. I know I live in a terrible area for it, but kids that are 14/15 are already shagging around like it's normal behaviour.

As for the appeal, it's probably a combination of ego/confidence/self worth type thing. When you get to 40, I'd imagine a 16 - 18 year old looks a lot more physically attractive than those of the same age as you. Physiologically, they probably make for better child bearing females than the older females as well, but that's more an evolution thing.

I dunno, 14/15 year old girls and their parents DO NOT help matters by attempting/being allowed to act and look older than they are. I mean as you know, I drive limos, I do proms for the 15/16 year olds and if I didn't know how old they were, for more than half of them I'd be hard pushed to guess their age correctly by looks alone and some even by attitude.

Just another point of view though, both of my previous relationships have been with girls older than me also and I don't tend to get along with younger people, but then again I do have some great friends who are much younger than me as well (not THAT young though).
Old 2nd October 2014, 14:33   #10
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_vtr_15a View Post
Good on him, he doesn't take the law into his own hands he just builds a solid case and evidence to hand to the police.

No matter if a girl is throwing herself at you, if she is under legal age and you are fully aware of that then it's a no go zone and if you take the risk you deserve the punishment.

Also older men on chat rooms etc. scream paedo to me!

What does seriously concern me though and any lad could fall victim to is that some girls who are 14/15 are getting tarted up and actually going down town. In these instances where there making out there older than they are then the blame is fully on them imo as you may honestly think they are 18+

2 different scenarios but online stuff is where the paedo's lurk typically.
I assume by down town you mean in the night? In that scenario there is very little that you can do to protect yourself. If a girl is going to lie you have no real way of knowing and the girl should be made to answer her actions. I do also question again that if the girl is on the town in the night then what the hell are her parents doing and they should be punished as well.
Old 2nd October 2014, 14:52   #11
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettles1986 View Post
I assume by down town you mean in the night? In that scenario there is very little that you can do to protect yourself. If a girl is going to lie you have no real way of knowing and the girl should be made to answer her actions. I do also question again that if the girl is on the town in the night then what the hell are her parents doing and they should be punished as well.
Yeah exactly that at night, dressed up, heels on and loads of make-up some 15 year olds could look 20+ with no issues. It's quite scary thinking about it. Could take someone young and tipsy home, pound them and realise you have just run the risk of jail time. It needs addressing and clamping down on. More on a parenting level than anything, as Dave said it's how society is now young girls tart up much more and become much more sexualised than they did when i was at school ten years ago.

The amount of adds i get from young girls locally (thru mutual friends is ridiculous), there obviously looking for older lads for whatever reason. But fortunately there open about their age or it's easily identifiable from their profile so are removed as friends etc.

Only the other day a girl who added me and i honestly thought she was in her 20's from her status' about going out as well as her profile pictures etc. messaged me being flirty etc. and asking if i'd like to meet sometime. Then later when asked what she did for a living went on to say she was at school and it was boring.

Instantly removed as friend and blocked to prevent receiving more messages, honestly had no idea and it made me think how easy it would be for an underage girl to totally convince you she is much older if she wanted to. Some lads though would continue this and hope no issues arose from it, if you do then you deserve whatever you get further down the line imo.

Where would you stand in that instance if you unintentionally slept with a minor as she lied to you. It surely has to be on them then or is it neglect for not finding out?

I'm all for this guy though, some people are actively looking for young girls to groom or take advantage of and they need finding and dealing with.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...457196&page=21

Last edited by matt_vtr_15a; 2nd October 2014 at 14:54.
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 14:59   #12
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_vtr_15a View Post
Yeah exactly that at night, dressed up, heels on and loads of make-up some 15 year olds could look 20+ with no issues. It's quite scary thinking about it. Could take someone young and tipsy home, pound them and realise you have just run the risk of jail time. It needs addressing and clamping down on. More on a parenting level than anything, as Dave said it's how society is now young girls tart up much more and become much more sexualised than they did when i was at school ten years ago.

The amount of adds i get from young girls locally (thru mutual friends is ridiculous), there obviously looking for older lads for whatever reason. But fortunately there open about their age or it's easily identifiable from their profile so are removed as friends etc.

Only the other day a girl who added me and i honestly thought she was in her 20's from her status' about going out as well as her profile pictures etc. messaged me being flirty etc. and asking if i'd like to meet sometime. Then later when asked what she did for a living went on to say she was at school and it was boring.

Instantly removed as friend and blocked to prevent receiving more messages, honestly had no idea and it made me think how easy it would be for an underage girl to totally convince you she is much older if she wanted to. Some lads though would continue this and hope no issues arose from it, if you do then you deserve whatever you get further down the line imo.

Where would you stand in that instance if you unintentionally slept with a minor as she lied to you. It surely has to be on them then or is it neglect for not finding out?

I'm all for this guy though, some people are actively looking for young girls to groom or take advantage of and they need finding and dealing with.
If you don't get to grips with the use of there, their and they're sometime soon, I am going to beat you with a tub of whey!

But once again I agree it needs to be dealt with. As for if it's neglect or not, I would say it should be a no as who in their right mind is going to ask someone for ID to clarify their age, and even then what's to say the ID is not counterfeit but reality is that it's most likely a grey area and unfortunately the older of the two takes the consequences.
Old 2nd October 2014, 15:14   #13
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

A was ganna watch it but decided itd piss me off too much lol
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 15:18   #14
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Thing is Matt (D4MJT Matt), kids are also way way way more sexualised at a young age nowadays. I know I live in a terrible area for it, but kids that are 14/15 are already shagging around like it's normal behaviour.
I get that, but it's part and parcel of the parenting problem isn't it really?

I mean, if you allow your 14/15 year old kids to dress up in a manner more befitting what they think a 20 year slag on the pull would wear, get into the mindset, then actually allow them out like that on a night as well, then it's bound to come about as part of that. Then there's peer pressure to add in to the mix at that age, and hey presto.

Circle has to be broken somewhere though, in this instance it's got to be parenting in my opinion. Sadly I have no idea how you tackle that one, personally I'd sterilize large portions of the population.
Old 2nd October 2014, 15:20   #15
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettles1986 View Post
The way some of these youngsters dress is terrible
Agreed, but enough about hipsters.
Old 2nd October 2014, 16:04   #16
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4MJT View Post
I get that, but it's part and parcel of the parenting problem isn't it really?

I mean, if you allow your 14/15 year old kids to dress up in a manner more befitting what they think a 20 year slag on the pull would wear, get into the mindset, then actually allow them out like that on a night as well, then it's bound to come about as part of that. Then there's peer pressure to add in to the mix at that age, and hey presto.

Circle has to be broken somewhere though, in this instance it's got to be parenting in my opinion. Sadly I have no idea how you tackle that one, personally I'd sterilize large portions of the population.
I think attitudes towards sex is a big problem really. I don't think women are seen as respectable etc any more, but more sexual objects to an awful lot of men and I'm not sure whether that is brought about by the way they act and dress or whether they act and dress like that due to the attitudes of others.

Unfortunately it's filtering down to the kids as well and yeah, that's where the problem of parenting comes in. The whole thing just needs to change but it's so drastic, I don't know where you'd begin either.

This guy isn't the answer like.
Old 2nd October 2014, 16:54   #17
marcusd
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): posi blue mk2 2003 vtr
iTrader Score: 29 (100%)
marcusd is on a distinguished road

i saw half of it was a weird watch. firstly to address one of matts points, the lawyer/police guy said that if a under age girl was to contact you and you reply to more than one message under this law you could be arrested for grooming, now as matt said if they contact you as and does look older and you don't really ask, and say her dad see calls police you'd be fucked and end up on register for nothing you really did. that part seems unfair, but then as you watch that show that first old guy that they got to the house, they clearly ask him does he think it was ok to meet up for sex a 13y/o and without hesitation he said if she was up for it then yea. he didn't seem to see the problem with this it was an eye opener of a show but just weird and creepy and seedy
marcusd is offline   Reply With Quote