PDA

View Full Version : vtr locking wheel nut removal

vtsr14
30th December 2007, 17:10
ok i have tried every conceivable suggestion on the site to remove my missus locking wheel nuts on her vtr.

it seems as if they have seized to the hub, does any one no of a company around guildford who would be able to help as i've near enough conceeded defeat.

stu

Predator_R32
30th December 2007, 17:13
you tryed a breaker bar on it mate???

vtsr14
30th December 2007, 17:26
you tryed a breaker bar on it mate???

i've tried lockin nut removal tool from helfruads too fuckin big!
i've tried 17mm socket nearly broke the socket
i've tried a punch and hammer to force it round
i've tried a chisel and a hammer
extension bars breakers bars everything other than gettin someone else to do it

stu

Dasher_VTR
30th December 2007, 18:00
a socket that is slighty too small a big hammer and start hitting careful of alloys that how i got mine off.

halfrauds what a shop everything you get from there never does the fuckin job it was suppose to do.

Predator_R32
30th December 2007, 18:03
a breaker bar should get it off, get the biggest one avaiable, got mine off no problems :y:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BREAKER-BAR-LEVER-PRY-WITH-IMPACT-SOCKET-FITTING-1-2_W0QQitemZ170180430195QQihZ007QQcategoryZ30917QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

also when you sat locking nut removal tool from halfords, what wheels do you have exactly and what locking nuts, are they standard???

vtsr14
30th December 2007, 18:10
the breaker bar i got is twice as thick of that and i was hanging on it earlier, the shitty two piece socket remover bits from helfrauds, the lockin nuts are standard vtr ones as far as i no.

stu

dalecheesy
30th December 2007, 18:39
Looks like you might have to drill the bugger out. One of my standard ones snapped and it was an easy job to drill out.Dont know if the standard bolts are softer metal though. Think the heat generated must have freed it up because i managed to turn it out with a screwdriver after i'd drilled through. Good luck mate.

Predator_R32
30th December 2007, 18:44
what locking nut tool do you have mate??

smiith
30th December 2007, 18:51
iv got same problem, cant get lockin nuts off my rolled car, as the locking key went out of thw window when i rolledl ol

devilsadvocate
30th December 2007, 19:00
As Above. Might need to get it drilled out. Most garages will be able to do it. Not a huge job tbh

PRICEY-VTS
30th December 2007, 19:02
go out and buy a decent 17mm socket not a 4.99 for halfords a decent make and use a big hammed it will get it on and not split av done this a few times due to snapping my locking wheel nuts

smiith
30th December 2007, 19:04
go out and buy a decent 17mm socket not a 4.99 for halfords a decent make and use a big hammed it will get it on and not split av done this a few times due to snapping my locking wheel nuts

yeh but u need 4 of em then :P

pepper953
30th December 2007, 19:06
you can get a socket that will remove them from a snap on dealer its got a reverse thread inside socket and winds them off

JohnPartridge
30th December 2007, 19:16
you can get a socket that will remove them from a snap on dealer its got a reverse thread inside socket and winds them off

Yep, these are very good. And Pretty cheep, keeps the existing thread on your hubs intact, where as Drilling can sometimes ruin it.

Saxo-Slag
30th December 2007, 20:52

My mate has got one off these. He got all 4 off mine in about 10mins.lol

huggy54
31st December 2007, 15:33
any mechanic or wheel place should b able to get off, my mechanic charges 5 pound a lock