PDA

View Full Version : Ecotek CB-26P Valve

burgin2011
21st August 2012, 21:38
what the hell are these ? are they suppost to make a noise like a dump valve as some say yes , the first ive heard lol

Ross
21st August 2012, 22:34
While they have impressive documentation on their site, I fail to believe that modern car makers wouldn't apply whatever smoke and mirrors this product is doing at the factory if such claims were true.

AXracing
22nd August 2012, 07:03
Have a google including the words scam and or con and you you will get quite a few interesting threads. I have seen quite a few rolling road results over the years that showed absolutely no performance benefit. like this one http://www.fuelsaving.info/ecotek.htm

The point most people make is that if these valves actually did work why have not a manufacture picked up on them and fitting them as standard by now? Its not as if there even a new item there older then some of the people on this forum.

Another thing is when you look at what they actually do there is no wonder they do not improve performance. But it starts to become a worry about how it could potentially lean out single cylinders on some engines and actually do damage to the engine.

Another failing some people have found is after fitting some people are having problems with there brake servo. I have seen people report there brakes periodically becoming very poor after fitting one of these valves.

Stay well away would be my vote