PDA

View Full Version : which filter

leppa
15th February 2004, 23:21
cant make up my mind which filter to go for i could do with some help on this do i go for the k+n 57i or do i go for the pipercross viper a lot of people have been raving on about how good they are does anyone have one in their saxo i have 2001 vts also which exhaust would i be better off with magnex or scorpion whichever one i choose i will be scrapping the cat also would i be better off getting a manifold to go with the system can anyone recomend one to match the systems would i see good power increases from these items sorry to go on a bit but i am a real novice to tuning and dont want to get ripped off i live in the midlands so i would prob choose abp in crewe to do the work cheers any replys would be gratfully recieved

Dan
16th February 2004, 08:36
I have a pipercross filter on my VTR at the mo, not the viper!!if u want a decent filter which u'll benefit most from but dont mind spending a bit more money id go for a bmc filter as there supposed to be really good!!! if u only want one of the ones u've mentioned then go for the viper though its alot more expensive than the k&n!! I aint the best when it comes to advice but this is what ive been told!!!

with the exhaust systems i think the magnex systems are pretty good! but again if it was me id save a bit more cash and get a custom one!!! hope ive helped!!

Deano1983
16th February 2004, 14:00
Alrate mate, ave u looked into the viper cus as far as i know u cant get one for the saxo as viper filters r normally for proper sports cars and race tuned engines such as type R's and that have another look mate, u can get a normal pipercross which i have got and will cost the same as a K&N but if u have the spare cash get either the BMC like danvtr_9 said or a Green Filter which is the same but aint as expensive.

Ripper3
16th February 2004, 15:02
There a Pipercross Viper air filter for the Saxo, they made it after they FINNALY realised that makin parts for smaller cars like the Saxo that have got a lot of modin potential will get 'em more money than makin stuff for more expensive and less likely to be mod'd sports cars, a bit slow arent they?
If ur lookin for power and some good lookin bit of under bonnet kit and have the money, then the Viper is the way 2 go as it has a nice carbon cover keepin air cooler
If not,then the others recommended r good enough neway, theyll do wot they're supposed 2 do, and that is to make ur car breath better, which is exactly wot u r lookin for

Deano1983
16th February 2004, 16:00
Oh i dint no they made one for the saxo, but anyway!!!

If i was u i wud go for the Green enclosed thats the one am gonna get, the viper is gud and cheaper than the Green but aint as gud as the viper still sits well to the back on the engine which u dont want, the green and GMC both sit at the front which means better air flow!!

Deano1983
16th February 2004, 19:44
my mistake, viper kits r more expensive not less expensive!!

Dan
17th February 2004, 17:48
im sure theyve been making them for a while for the saxo cos my mate has had one on his vts for bout a year!!!!

don55
3rd March 2004, 02:16
id say go for the bmc its the daddy but dont expect to get ur neck snapped of after u fit it,it needs otherthings doin to make it fully effective,such as fueling and timing
don