PDA

View Full Version : induction kit?

micky_mc
29th November 2006, 12:06
im lookin for a induction kit to replace my filter, what would be the best one ta get with the most performance an looks?
thanks

Steve
29th November 2006, 12:17
think most people will say a bmc, am trying to get a hold of one at the min!

Danr
29th November 2006, 12:24
A few threads down will explain enough :)

spanair
29th November 2006, 18:45
I would personally get something like BMC or a Viper etc but they aren't chep, but yeah check the other threads or search around quite a few threads around! :).

djmartin
29th November 2006, 18:46
i just got told to go for a BMC aswell amte s othey must be good im reading alot of th threads now and alot say about BMC,green,Viper not really any other ones pop up ALOT.

VTS_16v_Boy
30th November 2006, 13:54
It all boils down to money really (like most things car related)

Open filters (Cones K&N, Green, Quickshift etc) - Sound (cheaper)
Enclosed (Cones in a case Viper, BMC, Green etc) - Performance (more Expensive)

There are cases for and against for both really and threads on this subject Can get abit heated but simply put:

A replacement panel filter - Not much gain but heading the right way - Around £30-£40

A Induction Cone filter - Better breathin gains over standard if IF given a good cold air feed otherwise can suffer with Heat soak (drawing warm air which is bad for performance - prices start from £20 for a basic universal cone upto £200 but £80-£100 will buy a good leading brand name

Enclosed filters, cones totally protected from nearly all heat soak and drawing air through either a scoop or direct cold air feed - again cheaper items are out there about £50-£80 Good performers such as BMC are closer to the £190-£200 mark.

As always you will often 'Get What You Pay For'. Your see the most gains from any of the above with the addition of a performance Exhaust :-)

stiffler69
30th November 2006, 14:09
heres a variant for you both very good enclosed in carbon fibre the bmc being more expensive of the two and looks and fits better but the raid hp carbon box does just as good of job performance wise, probably a bit noiser than the bmc cause its a foam ram air filter inside the carbon but its gotta be the bmc hands down for me

Bmc cost me £157 not includeing the pipeing

And the raid hp cost me £98 on ebay with everything needed for fitting

Ross27
30th November 2006, 14:19
I know that Pipper Cross do 1 it is called the Viper and it cost around £250, but it dose give you a bit more power and it dont half sound nice aswell. So that would be my advice get 1 and see 4 yourself M8.rosswimhurst@yahoo.co.uk

ets2k9
30th November 2006, 14:20
I was tempted by the Viper at one stage but when you think about it, you do have to question the extortionate price tag. I can’t see if performing twice as good as any decent filter.

Although I’am the president of the Green filter fan club :)

So that's where the smart money goe.

stiffler69
30th November 2006, 14:25
The raid hp one you see in my second picture there is exactly the same as a viper similar material foam filter similar size half the price