PDA

View Full Version : Why did i loose power...??

english2561
19th April 2004, 05:37
Hi guys,

I was racing my friend in my mk1 vtr and he was in his mk2 vtr, smileys/smiley15.gif , from the lights and we were neck and neck all the way... now then, he has a KnN fitted but standard other wise and i have fitted a cheap-o air filter and i also have 17'' alloys fitted.... so shouldnt i be slower..???

firstly,

1. i dont understand why we were neck n neck when i have bigger alloys and he has more bhp as standard and a proper air filter...??

and secondley,

2. when on the motorway i normally hit about 125mph and tonight my footwas straight down and i only got to 100mph and it just stayed there...?? nothing happend..??? can you shed anylight on the subject guys...???

cheers....
smileys/smiley19.gif

DOGGS
19th April 2004, 05:43
cause when u get to 100 in a VTR, unless ur goin downhill it'll take an age to build up the 125, as for the neck & neck 0-60...better clutch control/gear changes?.......the main diffrence I've noticed between the mrk 1 & 2 is 3rd gear seems to have that little extra in the mrk2..nothin special tho

or maybe this time u forgot ur 2 fast 2 furious air freshenser...thats usually another 2 or 3 bhp especially if u pull the heatin vent panel up in the car and shove the blower onto number 4 (with the back windows open ofcourse) xD smileys/smiley10.gifsmileys/smiley2.gif smileys/smiley10.gif

english2561
19th April 2004, 06:01
cheers for the info lad... but i use the motor way quite abit.... and i like to go fast... its normally no problem reaching over 100... and pushing 120+ doesnt take to long.... but since ive fitted my new cheap-o filter and alloys its the first time ive been on the motorway.... and i swear it wouldnt have moved of 100mph if i had the whole of the m6 for a run up.... got any ideas....???? smileys/smiley19.gif smileys/smiley19.gif