PDA

View Full Version : am i missing somethin...?

sillysammysnail
14th March 2007, 11:02
ive been going gym 5 - 7 times a week for the last 2 months, noticing loads of difference everywhere on my body, except my tummy, i'm obviously missing something out in my workout at the mo i do...

life fitness machines:
10mins cycling intensity 8
20mins x-trainer intensity 5
20mins stepper intensity 5
20mins treadmill jog/run 8.0

would the rower benefit me, thats the only thing im really missing?! im scared though that i might start buildin muscle which is what i dont wanna do, dont wanna use the weights either if i can help it...

the intensity of the machines aswell, would it benefit me having them higher or lower?!

cheers, any idvice would be good :)...

Robb
14th March 2007, 12:02
why are you scared of doing weights?

then you can look like leo...

TICKETS TO THE GUN SHOW BABY WOOOOOOO

Andys
14th March 2007, 12:17
first off congrats on your progress so far..

bodyfat from the trunk area is usually the last to reduce when bodyfat is being reduced, different ppl do store bodyfat in different places but is s strong trend.

cardio is fine, id say perhaps, once to twice a week just stick with the lonest run you an manage,(say monday un Thursday) therefore dropping your intensity but increasing your duration, on the other days, shorten the duration and up your intensity, sprint work and intervals..

nutrition, make sure your not too carb heavy on training and non training days...do a google search on BMR CALCULATOR find out what you BMR (basil metabolic rate is) this is the mount of calories you require on a dailey basis just to maintain your current state..stick to that on non training days, on training days i would times it by either 1.375 or 1.55 which will give you your training day calories.

also to help work out grams per day verses calories of carbs/protein/fat:

1grams of carbs = 4cals
1gram of protein = 4 cals
1 gram of fat = 9cals.

depending on your size/weight i would devide your daily calories by 5 equil meals or put the carb in meal 1 2 and 3 along with protein and fat and just protein and fat in meal 4 and 5...

Leo
14th March 2007, 12:46
why are you scared of doing weights?

then you can look like leo...

TICKETS TO THE GUN SHOW BABY WOOOOOOO

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL wanka!

post your diet up mate. i bet thats the problemo

Robb
14th March 2007, 15:31
lol i love you really leo.

are my tickets in the post?

Leo
14th March 2007, 16:09
they should of arrived by now mate was sent last week!

sillysammysnail
15th March 2007, 08:33
cheers peeps, dont wanna do weights cos bein a delicate female dont wanna look like butch tranny or summit :)

on avg day eat:
porridge in morning,
salad for lunch,
sarnie and fruit for tea.

ive cut out snacking in between meals aswell cos know this is well bad

mr_mason
15th March 2007, 14:20
:y: Your diet seems quite healthy -- a touch more protein wouldn't do you any harm

You should try sit ups or 15-20 minutes of work focussed on just your abdominals? If have plenty of programs and excercises i can e-mail to you.

The rower would help, and aslong as the rower's intensity wasnt too high you would not start to bulk up.

Also do you drink alot? That affects your stomach alot :drink:

If you want me to send some bits to you send me a PM :y:

hnryllyd
15th March 2007, 18:55
Ayup Mr mason i wudnt mind sum weight training programs if u got sum, im in Army bit of a racing snake but no bulk toned but too skinny for my liking. Thanks T-L

mr_mason
16th March 2007, 09:28
Sent you a PM fella :y:

Andys
16th March 2007, 13:47
lunch is no where near substantial enough mate..get 50-100 grams of brown rice..will help you train with more intensity therfor helping towards you gym gains...can i just point out that no cv kit will bulk you up, no matter what resistance or intenisty you work at...

after training and on non training days just stick with your protiens, fruit and veg...

kcsaxo
17th March 2007, 13:32
you may wanna talk to an instructor there about using weights as part of your program. resistance training with light weights in the 15+ repetition phase does nothing more than tone and give muscular endurance and will HELP increase your burning of calories.

another note is that females in general will NEVER get hench like guys due to there level of hormones in their body that makes you female. its just a myth that needs to be kicked out of the locker room. its honestly as bad as saying "if i do weights, then i can convert my fat into muscle".

REvtr
17th March 2007, 15:58
you may wanna talk to an instructor there about using weights as part of your program. resistance training with light weights in the 15+ repetition phase does nothing more than tone and give muscular endurance and will HELP increase your burning of calories.

another note is that females in general will NEVER get hench like guys due to there level of hormones in their body that makes you female. its just a myth that needs to be kicked out of the locker room. its honestly as bad as saying "if i do weights, then i can convert my fat into muscle".

good advice, do weights prob best thing for you, you wont get big and although cardio burns cals weights burn cals after you have stopped exercise.

sillysammysnail
17th March 2007, 16:52
cheers for advice guys, will start puttin it into practice :)...

mr_mason
19th March 2007, 07:44
Note: Dependant on resistance you can bulk up, not as much as free weights, but it is still possible at a high intensity. Also Fat does not Turn into Muscle.

mr_mason
19th March 2007, 07:45
The above message was to do with the rower :y:

sillysammysnail
25th March 2007, 17:24
cheers, rowin away :)