Old 5th August 2013, 19:58   #1
jeffchiz
Saxperience Post Whore
Central Counties Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): mk1 JP4'd VTR, '16 Fabia Monte Carlo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
jeffchiz is on a distinguished road
Default confused on j4/jp4 and jp4s part numbers

as a lot of people on here i assumed that the jp4/jp4s engine uses larger inlet valves compared to the j4 engine

looking on the citroen parts website the j4 and jp4 inlet valve part numbers are exactly the same its only the jp4s which apparantly uses different inlet valves

secondly, again i was under the immpression that the jp4 valve springs and therfore the caps were different (weaker) to the j4 counterparts, even all the big websites say to fit j4 springs when fitting wilder cams..

however again the citroen service website states that the j4 and jp4 use the same springs and caps.. and again its only the jp4s use different springs

so currently citroen are telling me the jp4 engine i have has the same size valves as the j4 engine and that i dont need to fit j4 springs/caps in to my jp4 head to run wilder cams, this seems like a load of bull shit to me, do you guys recon they've just got part numbers mixed up across the 3 different engines?? otherwise what i and a lot of other people seem to think are wrong when it comes to fitting the saxo vts head internals in to the jp4 head to make it 'stronger'

Last edited by jeffchiz; 5th August 2013 at 20:01.
jeffchiz is offline   Reply With Quote