Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > MikeCracknell
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Rate this Entry

Losing your sight

Submit "Losing your sight" to Google Submit "Losing your sight" to Facebook Submit "Losing your sight" to StumbleUpon Submit "Losing your sight" to Digg Submit "Losing your sight" to Twitter
Posted 22nd May 2008 at 21:57 by MikeCracknell
Updated 22nd May 2008 at 22:14 by MikeCracknell

I certainly have had my eyes opened (excuse the pun) in the last two and a half weeks.

A recent incident has meant that I have lost part of my sight in my left eye - I can hold my arm infront of my face and not see if with my left eye

It's too easy to take your sight for granted, it's only when you don't have it, you realise just how important it is!

BUT as the saying goes "Where there's blame, there's a claim"

I am still not sure if it is permanant or not - the eye hospital tomorrow should be able to tell me if it is or not.

There has been no improvement in my sight after two and a half weeks, even with anti-biotics, but we shall see (excuse the pun again) what tomorrow brings!

If it is permanant, I will not be able to gain my pilots licence, which will be the only thing I have wanted to do in life down the drain!

This is how much I can see out of my left eye:

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 14297 Comments 13
Total Comments 13

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Really sorry to hear it mike

hope all goes well!
  2. Old Comment
    I think people take a lot for granted, hearing and sight being the most.. Hope it's not permanant..
  3. Old Comment
    sorry to hear this Cracknell. Have you got any idea of the cause at all? It's a hell of a blind spot, I hope it's not permenant matey.

I remember when I was 12 a paperclip was shot across the room on an elastic band and went straight into my right eye. Eyesights all good at the moment though
  4. Old Comment
    hope it gets better mate something like this really makes me realise how much i take for granted.
  5. Old Comment
    It's been caused by a reduction in the ability of my immune system to fight infection (this happned because of the burns). A fungal infection in my bloodstream that has been there since infancy/being born then took the opportunity to attack my eyesite.

It should get better - the Opthalmologist on Friday said he could see improvement in the cell wall, but I can't see much of a difference yet.

I should be able to see properly again within a few weeks, but there will be permanenant damage, but hw much no one knows!
  6. Old Comment
    Well that sounds like a bit of good news mike hope it all works out so you can carry on with your flying
  7. Old Comment
    shit son most people take sight for granted
  8. Old Comment
    I have my fngers crossed - even today, there seems to be a tiny it of improvement in my sight. I think it might be getting better!
  9. Old Comment
    Really glad to hear it mate =D
  10. Old Comment
    Apart from the haze that has gone from round the outside of the blind spot, there is very little difference in my eyesight. The anti-biotics finished yesterday and I am still off work until Tuesday earliest. Hospital appointment is on Monday.

It is stupidly boring being at home all the time lol!
    Posted 11th June 2008 at 11:16 by MikeCracknell MikeCracknell is offline