Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Blogs > Alanapone's VTR Progress Blog, feel free to comment
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Here's the progress blog for our Citroen Saxo VTR. It's owned by my girlfriend Nic, so all mods etc are okayed by her and fitted (and mostly payed for) by me. feel free to leave any comments or ask any questions. Hopefully it'll be informative and interesting.

Cheers, Alan.
Rate this Entry

A fair bit of progress

Submit "A fair bit of progress" to Google Submit "A fair bit of progress" to Facebook Submit "A fair bit of progress" to StumbleUpon Submit "A fair bit of progress" to Digg Submit "A fair bit of progress" to Twitter
Posted 13th September 2009 at 15:35 by Alanapone
Updated 13th September 2009 at 15:37 by Alanapone

Well, since the last post I managed to source some polyrace rear beam bushes, a new front grille, a BMC intake, some 205 GTi wheels and some uprated wisbone bolts. Next up is to source some track rod ends, polyrace front wishbone bushes, some shepnar or polyrace rear wishbone bushes and some new ball joints, then i can get the wishbones refurbed.

I managed to get a set of polyrace bushes from KamRacing, came deaad quick so i set about getting the old ones out. I think it would have been a lot easier to burn them out but as i don't have a blowtourch it was the old hammer and screwdriver to smash them to bits! After an hour or so of breaking them up, they all were out and the new ones were to be fitted. I thought i'd tidy up the faces so i got my sandpaper out and got rid of the rough surfaces, painted over them and went about inserting the new bushes... this proved to be another hammer job (I'm not surprised though). So the beam was pretty much ready to go in.

The day then came to fit it. The plan was to remove the braking system from the beam on the car, hold it all out of the way with some zipties, pull the old beam off, get the suspension holding bolts off the old beam, fit the new shocks to the new beam, fit the new beam, refit the braking system. Hopefully all this would go well as long as i planned everything out properly and made sure that all the nuts and bolts were lubed up and not snapped off.

everything went as planned and i had the new lowered beam on in a few hours al by myself!!! i couldn't believe it! I'm so chuffed lol. I'll update the pics on my profile and add one on here so you can all see the new level sax-a-mo!

Next up was the BMC. I was paroosing the eBay and came across this BMC airfilter, it was just the filter and the mounting bracket but it was only at £40 with an £8 delivery charge. Then i noticed it only had 2 hours left and NO bids!!!.. I was on my way out so thought sod it, i'll put a maximum bid of £80 cos i know i can get them off here for around that money. I went out and upon my return logged into my account only to find i'd won it at the minimum bid of £40! BONUS! i sent the payement off and a few days later it arrived. theres only 1 minor scuff on it, i am well chuffed. just need to get the hose sorted and get it connected up.

Next up was a set of wheels... i was on 106OC and came across a set of 205 GTi wheels for £50, I PM'ed the guy and to cut a long story short ended up with a set of the 1.6 GTi wheels NOT the 1.9 GTi wheels (I didn't spot that the guy had put 1.6 and also didn't know their was a differance!) anyway, i was a bit pissed off as the lad had never sent me any pics... i bet he knew that if he did, i'd pull out of the sale. As luck would have it, the missus quite likes these one (the 1.9 ones were just going to be for track and show as she doesn't like them) So these wheels are going to get a "quicky" refurb as all the paints coming off them. I have a tub of nitromors to get the paint off and some sandpaper to smooth them down, they have no curbing so i don't need to filler them, so it's just a strip, sand, spray job on them. I'm going to do them gloss balck I think as i will be doing all the bump strips etc the same.

The front grille was sourced off here too and will be fitted today at some point. It's currently meshed but i'm going to have a play and see if i can get the chevrons on it or just transfer the old slats and chevrons to keep it looking standard. either way it's not as scratched as the one thats on at the minute.

So that just about sum's up so far. Next jobs are to get the BMC fitted, get the bushes, ball joints and track rod ends and refurb the wishbones then get a manifold sorted. I think that'll do then until i can get a cheap PH3 cam or some other sort of power gaining mod... maybe a 16v lump.

Either way, I'm really happy with the way she's coming along and the new rear end feels so much better.... oh i nearly forgot... i need to get some pads and disks for my 266mm calipers and get them fitted soon too... i'll update about them as soon as i have some pads and disks though.

Anyway... I hope that all your mods are coming along well and feel free to leave any comments on here.

Cheers, Alan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12092009946.jpg (79.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 05092009934.jpg (78.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 08092009935.jpg (54.7 KB, 19 views)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2493 Comments 2
« Kind of success...     Main     Dragging on... »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    orginally before you put the rear beam bushes on was there a rattle that came from the back of the car please wb paddy
  2. Old Comment
    No, it was all fine, just swapped them as i wanted to stiffen it all up a bit for the track. ( sorry about the delay in the response, i only just seen it.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks