Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 12th April 2008, 00:06   #1
mcchriswood
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 1. Punto Sporting 2. VTR
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
mcchriswood is just really nicemcchriswood is just really nicemcchriswood is just really nicemcchriswood is just really nice
Default Fan Kicking In When engine off

my fan has recently started too kick in when i turn my engine off. stays on until i put key back in...rev it up...leave to idle then turn off. sometimes have to repeat this a couple of times. temp shows right temp. any ideas.thanks
chris
mcchriswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 01:17   #2
DAN-VTS
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): NA 220hp standard - proper car, Yamaha R6
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
DAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud of

Thats standard mate, sometimes when you turn the engine off the temp creeps up a bit causing the fan to come on, it does go off on its own though so no need to restart it. If it doesnt go off then you may have a problem. But to me sounds normal
DAN-VTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 01:20   #3
mcchriswood
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 1. Punto Sporting 2. VTR
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
mcchriswood is just really nicemcchriswood is just really nicemcchriswood is just really nicemcchriswood is just really nice

i have left it for about 5 minutes beofre though and it has stayed on...there not quiet either lol...attract some attention if im parking somewhere?? if its normal and will go off then thats good thoug will start too not worry. chris
mcchriswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 11:48   #4
DAN-VTS
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): NA 220hp standard - proper car, Yamaha R6
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
DAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud ofDAN-VTS has much to be proud of

Hmmm seems a bit strange if its staying on for over 5 mins, usualy its 1 min max. Keep an eye on it and see if it actually goes off on its own
DAN-VTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 12:53   #5
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

its meant to do that! so engine doesnt over heat and break! just leave it next time it does it, i just tell people i have a turbo well it doesnt do it on the VTS like haha

Whats the condition of your radiator? take a look at my old vtr thread theres some pics of mine and my fan used to stay on for about 3 -5 mins.
Old 12th April 2008, 16:24   #6
notime2chill
Regular Poster
South West Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
notime2chill is just really nicenotime2chill is just really nicenotime2chill is just really nicenotime2chill is just really nicenotime2chill is just really nice

The fan on my vtr kicks in quite often after turning the engine off, makes a bloody racket lol.
notime2chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 18:40   #7
97vtr
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): 97 VTR, 03 Corsa 1.8 SRi
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
97vtr is a splendid one to behold97vtr is a splendid one to behold97vtr is a splendid one to behold97vtr is a splendid one to behold97vtr is a splendid one to behold97vtr is a splendid one to behold97vtr is a splendid one to behold

yup its normal mine does it on my vtr usually stays on for around 10-20 seconds then turns itself off

>>>Check Out The Car<<<
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=145058
97vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2008, 18:49   #8
tif992ss
Saxo Breaker
West Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1.1 Saxo with gas ( methane )
iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
tif992ss is absolutely fabulous!tif992ss is absolutely fabulous!tif992ss is absolutely fabulous!tif992ss is absolutely fabulous!tif992ss is absolutely fabulous!tif992ss is absolutely fabulous!tif992ss is absolutely fabulous!tif992ss is absolutely fabulous!tif992ss is absolutely fabulous!tif992ss is absolutely fabulous!tif992ss is absolutely fabulous!

The fans wired up direct from the fuse box , meaning that if the temp sender on the rad switches , it pops the fan on . It nothing really to be worried about as long as the rads not buggered and there's plenty of water in the system
Aid

Gone racing back in 9.7 secs....
tif992ss is offline   Reply With Quote