Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 3rd March 2014, 19:44   #401
vass177

Car(s): Y Reg Saxo VTR
vass177 is on a distinguished road

just bought a 2001 vtr and had this problem also did the fix on first post and worked a treat

thumbs up OP
vass177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 18:39   #402
vass177

Ok so it was working for me but now it's not .... Keeps blowing fuse before I even get it in the fuse box any other ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5th March 2014, 18:50   #403
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Possibly a fault with your ignition switch mate.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 22:49   #404
vass177

but due to this fix theres nothing connected to the ignition switch ???
Old 11th March 2014, 19:19   #405
vass177

ok so I swapped out the ignition switch but not barrel with a brand new one but the problem still persists so what else could I look for ??
Old 11th March 2014, 20:43   #406
aldred309uk
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 2002 Citroen Saxo desire 2001 Volvo V40 1.9D
aldred309uk is on a distinguished road

Is your battery light on?
aldred309uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2014, 15:13   #407
vass177

nope battery light goes out as soon as I start the car ?? I went to my old workplace today which is a citroen main dealer and spoke to one of the techs and he reckons I have a short in the circuit somewhere so told me to do a continuity test of the 3 affected items.

I shall update this evening on the result of this
Old 11th April 2014, 09:11   #408
watson123
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTR ;)
watson123 is on a distinguished road

I did this mod but it didn't work? My battery light is also on my dash any ideas? And now my immobiliser is flashing any ideas I've tried loads to do with it like leave the battery off for 5 mins but not a thing.. Do you think It may have stripped my code? And if so how do I get it back? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
watson123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2014, 23:31   #409
chesternutz
L-plater

Car(s): Saxo SX Auto 1.4i 1999
chesternutz is on a distinguished road

Is page 1 what you meant Jigsaw2895? As this is where ALL my issues lie atm.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
chesternutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2014, 09:17   #410
chesternutz
L-plater

Car(s): Saxo SX Auto 1.4i 1999
chesternutz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topbombingkid View Post
Ok if all three of the above have stopped working this is what you do.

Remove the steering column cover (held on by 2 torx) and under the steering column is a light brown plastic connector with 2 red wires going in the right side and 2 brown wires coming out the left side.

Cut the 2 brown wires and join them together. Make sure you solder the wires or use a proper crimp connector and make sure u use insulation tape to cover it. and tape up the 2 lose ends of the brown wires.

My battery light came on and a buzz noise inside car when driving in heavy rain at weekend. Had rear demist on, wipers on high and blower on 3 (as 1 and 2 settibgs dont work, why??) on windscreen as misting up. Prob drain on battery all 3 going so pulled over. Put in park n handbrake(auto mk1 1999) and prob fixed. Didnt turn engine off or anything n been fine since.

Would the above issue be tge same and methods offered fix it ie blower will work on 1 n 2 n demist button b brighter etc???

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
chesternutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 19:53   #411
kavics

Car(s): Citroen Saxo 1.4 VTS (75bhp)
kavics is on a distinguished road

hello to all,

i have the following problem with my saxo: when i'm starting the car, the pas, heater fan , and rear demister doesn't work, but after 1-10 Minutes they work as normal, and dont stop anymore.
I've tried this repair idea, doesn't work. I've changed the heater fan resistor, but the problem is the same...

anyone an idea?
can i try to give +12V directly to the connector of the heater and pas, to keep out the ignition swich problem?

thanks a lot!
kavics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 16:04   #412
trikenut

trikenut is on a distinguished road

f2 on under bonnet fuse 30amp- or f2 dash fuse 4th fuse in from the top left 25amp
trikenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2014, 16:07   #413
trikenut

trikenut is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vts165 View Post
ok im gonna look at the fuses now but theres a fuse box in the engine bay and a fuse box in the dash board..does anyone which fuse box its in and which fuse it is!?

ive looked threw my hand book and it doesnt say power steering on any of them....?
f2 under bonnet 2nd one down from left 30amp or f2 under dash 4th in from top left 25amp
trikenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2015, 21:48   #414
Calhal

Calhal is on a distinguished road
Default Power Steering Pump running on??*$!

Hi folks,
I've been through this entire thread hoping to find my problem, but haven't, any suggestions welcome because I'm totally stuck.

My daughter has a 2003 1.5D and after driving about 10 miles to work the other day, the power steering pump wouldnt go off, even with the engine. It drained the battery eventually.
Heater fan working on I and II but not on III, HRW is OK. Thought it might be a faulty relay, so changed that but still the same issue. As soon as I connect the battery, the power steering pump starts.
Been under it tonight and the wires from the power steering pump look OK, is it worth checking the alternator? The motor starts fine once the battery has a bit of juice in it but the steering pump knocks everything out with a bit of load. No random lights on in the dash or anything.
Cant see it being a fuse with the HRW and heater fan working. Somebody said take out all the fuses and reset the ECU, but surely the battery being disconnected for a while would have the same affect.
Totally stuck and any help appreciated.
CalH
Calhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2015, 16:21   #415
SshitroenShackso

SshitroenShackso is on a distinguished road

I bought a 2002 saxo 1.1 Desire lastnight, The owner told me that he had replaced the PAS pump and all it needed was a relay. I took the old relay out and noticed that the plastic around one of the spades was slightly melted. The owner said he was told to fit a new relay BEFORE fitting the PAS pump (for whatever reason I do not know) Anyway I went to a breakers and bought 4 relays as they were only £1 each and didn't like the idea of having to travel back and forth all day if I only bought one. I tried one of the relays in the breakers yard and the PAS seemed to work for about 8 seconds then just stopped.

The heater always works fine as does the rear demister.

I've checked the fuses and I even tried the "fix". I also smacked the pump itself with a hammer, but nothing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-=Wayne=-
SshitroenShackso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2016, 15:04   #416
Maskery

Maskery is on a distinguished road

I've got no power to the actual heater fuse does anyone have any ideas about that one?
Maskery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2016, 16:45   #417
Maskery

I have a connector that loose it's a grey connector with a green red and two grey wires but I can't fine the other side it's coming from the dash as far right as you can go but I don't know where to look for the other side does anyone know where I should be looking thanks.
Old 11th February 2016, 17:23   #418
Maskery

Turns out is the battery fuse box connector and it connects to the ignition barrel according to my wiring diagram but I can't see how it connects to the ignition barrel. It can't connect directly as the connectors are different anyone know how it connects?
Old 21st June 2016, 12:16   #419
Nugger89

Nugger89 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, new to this but if have tried this method, disconnected, cut and joined two brown wires and I have my fan heater working but still no power steering, and now the battery light is staying on even when key is out of ignition, someone please help
Nugger89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 20:46   #420
Johnny206turbo

Car(s): 2002 Saxo 1.5 Diesel - Modified 2004 Peugeot 206
Johnny206turbo is on a distinguished road

Finally sorted mine by changing a burnt out orange coloured relay under the passenger,side footwell behind the fuse box. Worth a look.
Johnny206turbo is offline   Reply With Quote