Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Track / Motorsport Prep'
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Track / Motorsport Prep' This forum is for technical discussions about track / motorsport preparation. Posting rights have restricted to select usergroups. If you wish to contribute to discussions within this forum, request acceptance from the usergroup leader from your User CP.

Old 5th January 2011, 19:39   #41
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

A bit ugly and expensive but the best suggestion so far!
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 19:43   #42
Dave_P
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Race: 106 Rallye 16v. Road: Mercedes Vito 120 CDI
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Dave_P is on a distinguished road

Particularly ugly on the polo i thought!
Dave_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 20:04   #43
mark1311
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Be scirocco, full on 03plate track spec Saxo
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
mark1311 is on a distinguished road

i have seen this befor think it has potential to look realy good, but it looks stupid on tht polo!!
mark1311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 00:31   #44
kristel10589
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
Jesus you people have a lot of time on your hands...15 posts a day on average for the last few years? What the hell do you DO with your life.

I don't believe myself or my car to be the best out there. I have found through my own experience the suspension i have enables me to drive a lot better and faster than before so of course im going to big it up as it was cheap and effective.
LOL is that why your still online at 12am?

I find your previous comments insulting and ironic.

sad boy.
kristel10589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 00:49   #45
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

Could ask you the same question lizard lips

I guess working nights is a crime...
Old 6th January 2011, 00:53   #46
kristel10589
Saxperience Post Whore

kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Could ask you the same question lizard lips

I guess working nights is a crime...
'lizard lips'

Not doing much work then aye spanner face
Old 6th January 2011, 01:05   #47
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by db_sax View Post
Your sig seems kinda ironic...."Apparantly a few select people on here believe they are reincarnations of Senna. And have the technical ability of Ross Brawn. No. You drive a saxo get over yourselves."

No one mentioned anything about who is the better driver or driving at all for that matter, nor mentioned anything about technical ability. You put alot of hate out for saxo's and their owners when you drive one yourself, the hate you put out there you receive back mate, I know that for fact for you in particular. A lower strut brace is £30 lol and plenty of chavs do it, theres plenty on here lol and B8s are good dampers, but you talk about them as be all end all.

Finally, no one is running their mouth lol, if thats what you call running your mouth then jeez you'll have a surprise when someone does haha

After everything ive said you are definatly Senna:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl1v13Wtqf0

Anyway, thread back on topic before its ruined.
LMFAO at that one. I remember this and where is the full version of the video?

The golf enters the roundabout on the wrong side for that exit undertaking and cutting in front of the MPV. He then when entering the dual carriageway flies up my ass prompting me to put my foot down a bit. After the speed camera the video stops at precisely the moment the golf driver gets owned in a big way.

After the end of the video the golf again proceeded to fly up my ass. Again childishly i put my foot down and lost him as the guy could not corner for krap across 4-5 roundabouts. I had time to come all the way round the last one before he entered it. Me and my Brother waving and him and his gf looking very embarrassed. He was following me the whole way trying to get me to race so yes i shouldn't have risen to it but he's worse at least i stayed on the right side of the road and used my indicators!

Oh and obviously a higher powered car will beat a lower powered one in a straight line why post it on youtube. Post the full video!

Last edited by hard_corejoeboy; 6th January 2011 at 01:23.
Old 6th January 2011, 09:53   #48
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo's, Corsa (Daily)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
AndySAXO is on a distinguished road

Sexy_gt I do love the love of your car just all out track car simple and effective!! Good example of a weekend track really.

Just wanted to say that, go back to your topic now.
AndySAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 10:10   #49
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore

Also the lads talking about taking it up on a trackday!!! You talk shot, as track days are not about racing or setting the fast laps, as most trackday will not allow timing!! It about fun and enjoy, not racing so please don't say that sort of shot people, I hate it when people go on I over took up, I was faster!! Really fucking annoys me, I am not the greatest driver in the world I just do it to enjoy it, to learn how to drive correctly and well on the track, and getting most for my money.

Also really a rear diffuser are really not needed on a Saxo IMO unless it competion racing a track day car would really benifit from it would just add weight really. That is my point of view could be wrong but really dnt thing a Saxo would benefit that much from it.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndySAXO For This Useful Post:
Old 6th January 2011, 10:17   #50
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Tbh honest mate i think stylistically it would look really good. A saxo probably doesn't need one though
Old 6th January 2011, 10:21   #51
nath_vts
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): JDM EP3
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
nath_vts is on a distinguished road

So why is this thread in the motorsport section. Surely if its for looks it should be in styling and interior ?
nath_vts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nath_vts For This Useful Post:
Old 6th January 2011, 10:24   #52
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Because we have now established that a diffuser would probably do precious little on a saxo. When i posted this thread i naively hoped that a decent one could be made for a saxo that not only looked good but worked.

Also its motorsport derived. Max Power or Fast Car didn't invent it.
Old 6th January 2011, 10:43   #53
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore

Really dnt think it would ever work cutting the bumper out yes reduce drag fair eunf, but to create down force need high speed most the time Saxo will not be at these high speed, on these smaller tracks too, not many big track to get high speed as such.
Old 6th January 2011, 10:51   #54
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

True but at places like the ring i was hitting 120 on some sections and the car felt very unstable. It was just an idea if we don't dream we'd never have skyscrapers or Ferrari's etc.
Old 6th January 2011, 12:15   #55
kristel10589
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
True but at places like the ring i was hitting 120 on some sections and the car felt very unstable. It was just an idea if we don't dream we'd never have skyscrapers or Ferrari's etc.
LOL, maybe that's your mere b8 not being able to handle the springs your running. Also you do not buy a saxo for stability!!!!!!
Old 6th January 2011, 12:55   #56
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

The Faulkner Spring Kit for the Citroen Saxo fits all models in the Saxo range. This Faulkner spring kit is designed to lower the vehicle by up to -40mm and requires shortened dampers such as Bilstein B8 dampers or Bilstein Group N dampers.

On relection it was probably more my bad lines that caused the instability. For some reason i drove the ring completely different in the saxo to when i drove in the suzuki swift sport. Not sure if its because in the swift i was higher up and could see more or because it was left hand drive.
Old 6th January 2011, 13:42   #57
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

You probably want to consider that its lift thats causing the car to feel unstable at high speeds. Stuff like air entering the engine bay, air in the wheel wells all help make a car unstable at high speed. I think you would have to do a lot to make a massive difference with diffusers etc To get it all working well may be quite tricky. The short wheelbase and relatively high centre of gravity probably has more effect on the car in its current guise. Its a bit of a dark art to me but I've always fancied having a play with aero, but at road ride heights i'm not convinced. Most cars now have 'fashion' diffusers and they look horrible so be careful!

Last edited by KamRacing; 6th January 2011 at 13:44.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2011, 13:50   #58
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

I've noticed the rally saxo's didn't play with diffusers but did have fairly large spoilers im assuming to keep the car glued to the ground? Maybe i should have a play with these instead?

The clio and focus rs diffusers look awesome imo
Old 6th January 2011, 16:28   #59
nath_vts
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): JDM EP3
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
nath_vts is on a distinguished road

Everyones at it! Hes obvs been around the ring with it.

nath_vts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nath_vts For This Useful Post:
Old 6th January 2011, 16:48   #60
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Awesome!