Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 3rd April 2009, 21:24   #1
dannyhall
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Premier Ed. Milano Red CTR
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
dannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to all
Default Drivers door won't open -HELP

Hey up, the drivers door on the Saxo won't open for some reason. From outside or inside, i've removed the doorcard and everything seem to be ok - but as you can't see properley with the door shut, I cant be sure.

Now the alarm is constantly going off when any door/boot is unlocked/locked, so the alarm is disconnected but the hazards still flash. I assumed it was the alarm and deadlocked the door, but apparently Saxo's dont have a deadlocking system? And the auto-technician dude doesnt think it is the alarm causing the door to remain locked, but something mechanical?

Any ideas what it could be?
Anyone know if its possible to open up the door without breaking anything??

Please help! It's not cool falling out the passenger door everytime I have climb out! LOL

Cheers
Dan
dannyhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:18   #2
fossie
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo MK2 VTS
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!fossie is absolutely fabulous!

I had the same issue and there was a metal rod that hooks into the handle of the door itself, you can see inside the door, bit of a twat like
Old 4th April 2009, 15:43   #3
dannyhall
Established Member

dannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to all

Cheers dude, yeah the metal wire thing that connects to the door pin and the lock itself. It is a twat! Pissing me off big time!

Had the rod come off in yours? As mine seems to be fine....
Old 13th April 2009, 11:33   #4
dannyhall
Established Member

Bump it up?

Its a real pain in the arse!
Old 13th April 2009, 11:43   #5
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict
Central Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Yeaaahh Fiesta
iTrader Score: 105 (96%)
Sparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really nice

there are 2 rods make sure they are both connected and there isnt a problem with the central locking soleniod
Sparco_Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 11:46   #6
dannyhall
Established Member

the two rods fossie mentioned? that go to the central locking and the door handle? if so they are connected ok it seems, no play in them anyway.

how do i check if theres a problem with the central locking soleniod??
Old 13th April 2009, 11:49   #7
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict
Central Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Sparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really niceSparco_Tom is just really nice

yer sorry the same two rods, try locking the doors with the keyfob and listen to see if it makes a noise.
Old 13th April 2009, 11:55   #8
dannyhall
Established Member

when using keyfob only passenger door unlocks, but then instantly locks itself again. so have to use the key in the passenger door and it'll stay open then.

the door pin on the drivers side is in the unlock posistion, but it seems its jammed into locked mode....

its a blag!
Old 13th April 2009, 11:59   #9
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict

ok well it sounds like the white plastic connection on the soleniod is lose or come off get it checked. or the door pins are obstructing it opening and closing
The Following User Says Thank You to Sparco_Tom For This Useful Post:
Old 13th April 2009, 12:02   #10
dannyhall
Established Member

Tom, i may sound daft, but whats the soleniod? anyway of checking? its really awkward as the door is shut and can hardly get me head in to have a good look!

cheers though fella
Old 13th April 2009, 12:06   #11
Sparco_Tom
Saxperience Addict

its the central locking door motor type thing that lock and unlocks the doors. i know a few people have had the same problem as you and its always turned out to be this.

disconnect your battery get your arm in and unlock the door pin lock, then pull the door handle rod

should open the door and giving you a better chance of getting in there to check for the problem.

by disconecting the battery the central locking wont keep locking the door when trying to work on it
Old 13th April 2009, 12:06   #12
saxovtsmad
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): now own a possi blue mk2 vts mk1 went to heaven
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
saxovtsmad will become famous soon enough

have you got door cards on danny ? as when i took my door cards of i found that mine was doing that
Old 13th April 2009, 12:15   #13
dannyhall
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparco_Tom View Post
its the central locking door motor type thing that lock and unlocks the doors. i know a few people have had the same problem as you and its always turned out to be this.

disconnect your battery get your arm in and unlock the door pin lock, then pull the door handle rod

should open the door and giving you a better chance of getting in there to check for the problem.

by disconecting the battery the central locking wont keep locking the door when trying to work on it
oh right ok fella. brill nice one, gonna give that a go now matey! cheers mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxovtsmad View Post
have you got door cards on danny ? as when i took my door cards of i found that mine was doing that
no took the drivers doorcard off to have a look at what the problem was, but still has remained the same!
Old 13th April 2009, 13:26   #14
dannyhall
Established Member

Nope still doesnt open. Anyone know of any mechanics good with doors?
Old 31st August 2010, 18:58   #15
lizzyc1987

lizzyc1987 is on a distinguished road

Hi anyone any idea how to fix the rods for someone who doesnt really know how what they are doing??? also how to get the panel off inside the door when it wont even open?

thanks
lizzyc1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 19:37   #16
BLUE_DEVIL
Frequent Poster
Central South Region Member

Car(s): 54 reg Honda Civic Sport. 2.0L Sierra sapphire.
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
BLUE_DEVIL is a jewel in the roughBLUE_DEVIL is a jewel in the roughBLUE_DEVIL is a jewel in the rough

Disconnect the motor from the dodgy lock and lock it manually by inserting the key in to the lock (very retro). Then set the alarm to lock the other door & boot.

Crisis diverted until tomorrow.
Old 31st August 2010, 19:38   #17
BLUE_DEVIL
Frequent Poster
Central South Region Member

Car(s): 54 reg Honda Civic Sport. 2.0L Sierra sapphire.
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
BLUE_DEVIL is a jewel in the roughBLUE_DEVIL is a jewel in the roughBLUE_DEVIL is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyc1987 View Post
Hi anyone any idea how to fix the rods for someone who doesnt really know how what they are doing??? also how to get the panel off inside the door when it wont even open?

thanks
Use the search function on here (a bit like Google but for Saxo's)
Old 1st August 2012, 15:47   #18
OMGASAXO
Established Member

Car(s): Posi saxo, flatty, Peugeot bipper, Vauxhall vectra
OMGASAXO is on a distinguished road

Is there a guide on how to fix the control rods then? Cause I've searched forum and google but can't find a good guide ?
OMGASAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2015, 09:36   #19
no1mummy71

no1mummy71 is on a distinguished road

my son has a saxo vtr 03 plate and we cant unlock drivers or passengers door with the fob or key in the lock...... any ideas as I been reading most the night as for possible solutions. also wont unlock using inside thing and tried pulling pin up but just goes straight back down, tried holding it up and opening doors but nothing plzzzzz help im gerrin bit old for all this mechanical stuff now lol
no1mummy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2015, 11:16   #20
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

One of the rods will hook through a plastic eye on the solenoid,either it's come off or the plastic eye has snapped.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/door-lock-...sAAOSwrklVLXiV
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote