Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Car Care & Detailing
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Car Care & Detailing This forum should be used to discuss topics relating to car care and car detailing. (cleaning, polishing, buffing, scratch removal, car care products, etc, etc)

Old 19th July 2006, 14:22   #1
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!
Default Deep shine from a silver car

hey gang,

now i know it will never reflect light like a black car, but was just wondering what the best wax and polish to give the deepest most reflective shine?

Ta

ads
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2006, 14:25   #2
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!

I would also like to be in the know
Clouds_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2006, 14:29   #3
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leckie
I would also like to be in the know
i suspected there's a few on here so seemed a good thread to create

By the way, I'm currently using Meguiars Canubra Wax as my final treatment to the bodywork
Old 19th July 2006, 14:38   #4
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!

and your views are? didnt you use the claybar on the DIEsel? what was that like?
Old 19th July 2006, 14:45   #5
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

well... the last mofo-huge clean was at FCS and the car came out like this, note the doors and the reflection

The claybar is wicked, cant rate highly it enough :Y:
Old 19th July 2006, 14:51   #6
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

what was involved in that clean then mate?
Old 19th July 2006, 14:57   #7
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

A fair bit man lol,
wash down with wool mitt
shampoop with wool mitt
rinse
shammy dry
claybar

left it a night

came back, detailed it (as i had driven it)
applied autogylm polish, buffed off with terry cloth
applied meg's canubra wax, buffed off with premium show room cloth.
then gave the car a light rub all over with premium show room cloth just to remove the residue
there was something else but i cant remember. i didnt have time to do it properly
Old 19th July 2006, 17:59   #8
dsh85
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): focus tdci, clio v6
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!dsh85 is absolutely fabulous!

most of mine seems to come up really well but would aslo be intrested in knowing how to get the best out of a silver car, this is the shinyest pic ive got

Old 19th July 2006, 21:16   #9
PolishedBliss
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Leon 16V C2 SX
PolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to behold

A common question often thrown at me is how do you make silver look good? Silver cars are better at hiding stone chips and swirls than darker cars, but the down side is that it is harder to make them really shine and stand out from the crowd. After a fair bit of experimenting I’ve found the answer. Optimum Car Wax (OCW). This product is amazing ”“ spray on, wipe off immediately with a buffing microfibre, then stand back in amazement. It really is that good. A further bonus is that it adds both sealant and carnuba wax protection at the same time, making it extremely durable. It can also be layered to build up a really wet finish, which is why it works so well on silver. Here’s some examples…

The pictures below were taken at the start of August. The previous major detail was only done 4 weeks previously, when I used Poorboys SSR1 to remove some swirls, then Klasse All in One (AIO) to add a basecoat of protection and finally P21S carnuba wax as my last step product. For this detail, I simply washed it really well with Poorboys Super Slick n Suds shampoo and then finished with a single layer of OCW.

Several months on, and after 4-5 further applications of OCW, my car looks even wetter, with really deep reflections. This is hard to achieve on silver, and really proves what OCW can do. In the pictures below I also redressed the tyres with Poorboys Bold n Bright. The interior was vacuumed and all hard surfaces dressed with 303 Protectant. I finally gave the engine bay a once over, dressing all plastic and rubber surfaces with 303 Protectant and adding a coat of OCW to all painted surfaces.

Old 19th July 2006, 21:21   #10
PolishedBliss
Frequent Poster

PolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to beholdPolishedBliss is a splendid one to behold

Just to throw a spanner in the works the above products can be bettered still. What you need is the JEFFS Werkstatt Acrylic system - a basecoat of Prime followed by weekly applications of Acrylic Jett Trigger. This pair of products will blow you away - all the gloss and reflectivity of AIO and OCW, but massive flake pop thrown in too! I was gobsmacked when I first tried them, and Ange was even amazed by how alive the paint seemed to become. Here's a few shots for you, showing just how much my almost non exsistent flake now sparkles in the sun.

Old 19th July 2006, 21:29   #11
gelo
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo Furio
gelo is on a distinguished road

lurvly! one problem - where can i buy the JEFFS Werkstatt Acrylic system?? cheers
Old 19th July 2006, 21:31   #12
PolishedBliss
Frequent Poster

From me! Look in the wash, polish, protect and maintain sections of the store...

www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/

Old 19th July 2006, 23:22   #13
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

That is certainly one shiny silver automobile :Y:
I will have a sift through you items and go from there

Cheers!

ad
Old 20th July 2006, 17:34   #14
Richardson_VTS
Established Member
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Mini Cooper S
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Richardson_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightRichardson_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightRichardson_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightRichardson_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightRichardson_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightRichardson_VTS is a glorious beacon of light

Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine is good!!!