Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 24th May 2006, 16:16   #21
WestyVTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): saxo VTR, Clio 1.2 turbo, prious, Kawasaki 363 nin
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
WestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer
I used to eat 1 egg baguette a day for a month. lost a stone.

doddle.

Not particularly healthy i know but sadly it does work.
starving ur body to burn calories from fat isnt correct!! burn it off via exercise.... & raising your metabolic rate, read the previous topicon fat lose & exercise

WestyVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2006, 20:13   #22
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestyVTR
Quote:
I used to eat 1 egg baguette a day for a month. lost a stone.

doddle.

Not particularly healthy i know but sadly it does work.
starving ur body to burn calories from fat isnt correct!! burn it off via exercise.... & raising your metabolic rate, read the previous topicon fat lose & exercise
i do both dude

currently low on cash so have reverted to the egg&cress diet this week
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2006, 06:08   #23
Dan
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon FR
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!Dan is absolutely fabulous!

I need to lose weight too, about two stone is what id like to lose. Then I want to tone up. Just cant get the motivation to lose the weight. I do it for about a month but then eat junk again.
Old 25th May 2006, 12:43   #24
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

if you eat junk then excersise more to offset the junk intake
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2006, 14:54   #25
pug_boe
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Ford focus 1.8 ;-)
pug_boe is a splendid one to beholdpug_boe is a splendid one to beholdpug_boe is a splendid one to beholdpug_boe is a splendid one to beholdpug_boe is a splendid one to beholdpug_boe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
if you eat junk then excersise more to offset the junk intake
lol dont say things like that id be driving down to maccy ds
Old 30th May 2006, 14:40   #26
WestyVTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

WestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvtr_9
I need to lose weight too, about two stone is what id like to lose. Then I want to tone up. Just cant get the motivation to lose the weight. I do it for about a month but then eat junk again.
When u say weight do you mean fat!?!?

Weight & fat are not the same thing at all, the word weight is widly used, when in fact what ppl mean is FAT! If you want to lose fat just read teh previous posts & get on it!! tone up after losing the fat... resistance training will do both for you... again read the previous posts, it isnt hard to do, you just need motivating....! Your health is the most important thing you own & given its free.... y not look after it!

Old 1st June 2006, 18:12   #27
Kelly
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): VW Polo Mk5 6N2, Peugeot 106
Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!Kelly is absolutely fabulous!

Boe,

Saxx is right on this one. Weight Watchers is the key to losing weight. However, its a slow process but also safe. I know this as I go and they expect you to lose around 2 lbs a week. Sounds tiny but after 3 weeks its nearly half a stone. And they don't shout at you for not losing weight, they give you ideas and advice to help you along. Teamed with a little exercise every week I find this really easy. And I still get to eat the things I love most only with less saturated fat and calories in.

Hope this helps
Old 2nd June 2006, 19:26   #28
WestyVTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_106
Boe,

Saxx is right on this one. Weight Watchers is the key to losing weight. However, its a slow process but also safe. I know this as I go and they expect you to lose around 2 lbs a week. Sounds tiny but after 3 weeks its nearly half a stone. And they don't shout at you for not losing weight, they give you ideas and advice to help you along. Teamed with a little exercise every week I find this really easy. And I still get to eat the things I love most only with less saturated fat and calories in.

Hope this helps
Weight watchers is a good idea but it does have its flaws, they do not take your bodys compision into account just your over all "weight" - when doing resistance training some of the effects incude an increase in bone density, an increase lean body mass ( muscle ) these are possitive things, they also mean you will retain weight as muscle weights more than fat!! & dense bones are good as it healps reduce you chance of osteoperosis!! So as you can see losing ""weight"" isnt always a good thing, FAT is what needs burning off - stored energy is what fat is... so get on the exercise & let your body burn it off, you wil feel great after exercise as your body produces endorphins that give you a sense of "wow i feel great"... better that the feeling of "oh shi* i cant eat that"....

read previous posts & get on it...

Old 7th June 2006, 17:39   #29
k9saxo
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo East Coast 1litre
k9saxo is on a distinguished road

RE: the weightwatchers thing Iv got the books and have been following thje 'points' system for bout 9 weeks and have lost just over a stone, some things are quiet easy replace normal crisps with quavers or french fries, replace chocolate with weight watchers cookies, iced gems, or curly wurlys, instead of having a normal ice cream go for a mini milk, get a low fat spread, half fat cheese, low fat bread. Eat more vegetables etc. and for a filling low fat pasta meal make your own sauce with tinned tomatoes, onion, bit of mince and herbs. I am the worst person for sticking to a diet but I find this one quite easy!
abi
k9saxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2006, 12:46   #30
WestyVTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Good work abi, good to hear your making good progress,

do be carefull with low fat foods as usually they will contain alot of salt & added flavourings, low fat/low calorie foods arnt always the right choice... just eat smaller portions of the right foods. eg a bowl of musli in the morning with bananna slices on with a yogart & a fruit juice is muc better for you than say a bowl of frosted flakes with a cuppa tea with skimmed milk & sweetner!! The musli will contain more calories but this is a good thing as you body has to work to break the food down, this means you get a slow release of energy through out the day/morning, the fruit contains "fructose" a natural suger & so gives you that instant energy your after in the morning....

hope this makes sense!

Old 8th June 2006, 15:00   #31
k9saxo
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo East Coast 1litre
k9saxo is on a distinguished road

yeah thanks . I normally have a weetabix or porridge and a bannana if wev got one in the morning, sandwiches for lunch and pasta etc for tea. I was just giving those examples for those who love to snack (like I always used to)
since iv been on the diet though i have found my tastes changing like i just dont crave chocolate like i used to and the other day i had a couple of (very high fat ) kettle chips which i used to love and i really hated them they were all greasy and disgusting, i also hate take outs now yuck!
abi
p.s i think it also helps that iv just got a 'job' walking someones dog for an hour a day and Iv started running a second dog at agility which is an extra hour running a week
k9saxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2006, 18:51   #32
saxoash
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): VTR
saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!

I want to lose some FAT but having no job its hard as i carnt go to gym , pluss i dont eat properly i get up somedays i might have some toast and then thats it till bout 5 when i have my tea.

If i started doing push ups and sit ups at home is that an effective way of losing weight?
saxoash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2006, 18:56   #33
jaybiss
Saxperience Hardcore!
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Two Tone Sax
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!jaybiss is absolutely fabulous!

why not go for a walk or a run

do you have a dog? take it for a walk

plenty of things to do

vaccum the house!
jaybiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2006, 19:03   #34
saxoash
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): VTR
saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybiss
why not go for a walk or a run

do you have a dog? take it for a walk

plenty of things to do

vaccum the house!
Im thinking sit-ups and press-ups each day and maybe a run lol
saxoash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2006, 20:43   #35
Danadaman_3
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): Posi Blue Saxo
Danadaman_3 will become famous soon enoughDanadaman_3 will become famous soon enough

EXERCISE is the key in my opinion and dont snack between meals! easier said than done though! keep your mind occupied on other things!
Danadaman_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2006, 21:42   #36
alex19
Saxperience Post Whore

alex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant future

Do exercise in the morning once you get up, it's harder, but your burning off more body fat, rather than eating something and then burning off the calories afterwards.

Swimmings is great exercise, I can't remeber 100% why, Something like keeping your heart rate low while still burning off as much as normal exercise, without feeling the wieght. That last bit is probly wrong.
Old 19th June 2006, 12:06   #37
c8james
Established Member

Car(s): Ram raiders roller, cosser init
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
c8james is absolutely fabulous!c8james is absolutely fabulous!c8james is absolutely fabulous!c8james is absolutely fabulous!c8james is absolutely fabulous!c8james is absolutely fabulous!c8james is absolutely fabulous!c8james is absolutely fabulous!c8james is absolutely fabulous!c8james is absolutely fabulous!c8james is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pug_boe
What would you suggest for a poor student to do to lose weight. I want to try and lose quite a lot before i start back in uni in October. However i am really broke so i cant afford to go to the gym and i shall be working everyday.

What exercises do you suggest that i should do if i cant afford the gym?. I suppose i could do walking as i live up by the mountains. I basically want to lose weight off my bum, thighs and hips mostly. Iv been on loads of diets but i just seem to stay fat

Help me
Get a job you lazy student bum!! lol
c8james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2006, 12:24   #38
saxx
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): A4 S Line SE 170
saxx will become famous soon enoughsaxx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestyVTR
Weight watchers is a good idea but it does have its flaws, they do not take your bodys compision into account just your over all "weight" - when doing resistance training some of the effects incude an increase in bone density, an increase lean body mass ( muscle ) these are possitive things, they also mean you will retain weight as muscle weights more than fat!! & dense bones are good as it healps reduce you chance of osteoperosis!! So as you can see losing ""weight"" isnt always a good thing, FAT is what needs burning off - stored energy is what fat is... so get on the exercise & let your body burn it off, you wil feel great after exercise as your body produces endorphins that give you a sense of "wow i feel great"... better that the feeling of "oh shi* i cant eat that"....

read previous posts & get on it...

the point system is worked on gender, job, weight, age etc

so if you work an office job, where u sit on your arse all day u get a differend allowance to someone who has an active role etc etc

so it isnt a case of someone going u must eat 28 points lol

and for every stone u lose u drop a point......

as above its so easy! apart from eatin the required amount can be quite hard lol!

they do advise half an hours exercise a day i believe - so tbh they dont just tell u to do the points system!

apparently eating an apple before your meal is a good thing too.............cant remember why tho lol
Old 19th June 2006, 18:52   #39
pug_boe
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Ford focus 1.8 ;-)
pug_boe is a splendid one to beholdpug_boe is a splendid one to beholdpug_boe is a splendid one to beholdpug_boe is a splendid one to beholdpug_boe is a splendid one to beholdpug_boe is a splendid one to behold

i have got a job lovely. when i am in uni i work 20 hours a week and i am currently full time
Old 19th June 2006, 19:10   #40
c8james
Established Member

Car(s): Ram raiders roller, cosser init
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
c8james is absolutely fabulous!c8james is absolutely fabulous!c8james is absolutely fabulous!c8james is absolutely fabulous!c8james is absolutely fabulous!c8james is absolutely fabulous!c8james is absolutely fabulous!c8james is absolutely fabulous!c8james is absolutely fabulous!c8james is absolutely fabulous!c8james is absolutely fabulous!

I could always lend you my mut, Needs 4 miles a day min. If you take dog out you will tire before the dog does. I know I have tryed
c8james is offline   Reply With Quote