Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Website Links...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Website Links... If you'd like to share a weblink, please post it within this forum.

Old 31st August 2011, 22:49   #1
petrolhead_19
Regular Poster

Car(s): DRZ400 dual sport, cbr400rr
petrolhead_19 is on a distinguished road
Default my cbr400rr nc23 babyblade

Here is my bike spent over 2 grand on it, the video is of when i finished it all and just put dyno jets in.

Turn up your speakers if you want to hear the full effect of it lol, its very loud.
Anyone wants to see a progress thread of the build let me know in this thread and ill get one up

petrolhead_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 22:57   #2
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): MCS R53 S/C 16v furiooo
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
mlawlan69 is on a distinguished road

that sounds fucking mint.

could have chosen a better place to do that though? outside a school, come off it.

mlawlan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 22:59   #3
petrolhead_19
Regular Poster

sorry it was 7 o'clock at night so no kids around and school shut mate, made sure of this before i did the video, been riding enough years to know when i can and cant ride fast lol

And thanks it is louder in person
Old 31st August 2011, 23:01   #4
mangojace
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberSouth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 12 (93%)
mangojace is on a distinguished road

sounds awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I love the sound of bikes, makes me want one
mangojace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 23:03   #5
petrolhead_19
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangojace View Post
sounds awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I love the sound of bikes, makes me want one
alot cheaper to run than a car mate, and you would never look back if you got one

Stands me at about £4500 this bike
Old 31st August 2011, 23:04   #6
Tontsy
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberScotland Region Member

Car(s): Audi
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Tontsy is on a distinguished road

not very loud, so dont keep saying how "loud" it is
not very impressive either... and its people like you who give riders a bad name.

well done for showing how much of a tit you can be.
Tontsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2011, 23:11   #7
petrolhead_19
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto_VTR View Post
not very loud, so dont keep saying how "loud" it is
not very impressive either... and its people like you who give riders a bad name.

well done for showing how much of a tit you can be.
i dont ride like this all the time, i got my bike back after 6 months so was excited and got a bit carried away, i am always a safe rider and ride at the speed limit i dont condole acting like a prick on bikes and will have a go at people that go down the street pulling wheelies, yes i was being a knob in the video but ill tell you that was the first time i have in my 11 years of riding, so please dont tell me its people like me that give bikers a bad name!

11 years no crashes no drops, and please dont try say you dont open your r6 up now and again otherwise you wouldnt have an r6.

Not being a knob with you just stating my point.
Old 2nd September 2011, 21:17   #8
mangojace
Established Member

Alot of people have gone fast once in a lifetime on the road! People who deny it make me LOL!

Yeah roll on being 21 in a few months
Old 2nd September 2011, 21:35   #9
Tontsy
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberScotland Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_19 View Post
i dont ride like this all the time, i got my bike back after 6 months so was excited and got a bit carried away, i am always a safe rider and ride at the speed limit i dont condole acting like a prick on bikes and will have a go at people that go down the street pulling wheelies, yes i was being a knob in the video but ill tell you that was the first time i have in my 11 years of riding, so please dont tell me its people like me that give bikers a bad name!

11 years no crashes no drops, and please dont try say you dont open your r6 up now and again otherwise you wouldnt have an r6.

Not being a knob with you just stating my point.
i agree with everything you are saying, but there were too many pedestrians about imo.
and thats how the bad rep is given.

ofcourse i open the R6 up, but i wouldnt do it in a street like that which imo was busy. my only concern is if there are people there are potentially kids and thats where i draw the line

i will admit though, i love the babyblades. and for 400s, they are fucking superb.
Old 2nd September 2011, 21:48   #10
mangojace
Established Member

Quote:
i agree with everything you are saying, but there were too many pedestrians about imo.

ofcourse i open the R6 up, but i wouldnt do it in a street like that which imo was busy. my only concern is if there are people there are potentially kids and thats where i draw the line

i will admit though, i love the babyblades. and for 400s, they are fucking superb.
How much is the r6 to insure mate?
Old 2nd September 2011, 21:59   #11
Tontsy
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
How much is the r6 to insure mate?
too much...

when i got it last year, it was new - resulting in £990 fully comp.
then halfway through my policy i got my gsxr SRAD and they added it for free.

now, to renew just the R6 it was 600 quid. not too bad i suppose although i expect next year for it to be circa 300 quid. so it sure drops in price for bikes.

looks sad in comparison when i pay 1100 for the Leon
and
400 for the XJR lol.
Old 2nd September 2011, 22:35   #12
petrolhead_19
Regular Poster

Quote:

Glad your being civil mate, i just got carried away as you probably understand my bike was off the road for 6 months cause i was re building it and just had a mad moment. i will assure you though there was no kids about

oh and thats alot your paying on your r6 mate, i was paying £400 on my fireblade and r6 for for me is £250, im paying £80 a year for this bike had it since i passed my test just cant bring myself to part with it lol.
I always say to people if there going for there das go for a 400 for there first bike, plenty of power for a first timer and cheap on insurance, i was paying £150 a year on this when i just passed. next bike is an r1 i think
Old 2nd September 2011, 22:41   #13
Tontsy
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Glad your being civil mate, i just got carried away as you probably understand my bike was off the road for 6 months cause i was re building it and just had a mad moment. i will assure you though there was no kids about

oh and thats alot your paying on your r6 mate, i was paying £400 on my fireblade and r6 for for me is £250, im paying £80 a year for this bike had it since i passed my test just cant bring myself to part with it lol.
I always say to people if there going for there das go for a 400 for there first bike, plenty of power for a first timer and cheap on insurance, i was paying £150 a year on this when i just passed. next bike is an r1 i think
check this out
http://new.myvue.com/latest-movies/i...h/film/fastest

also, yeah its alot of money but i suppose its what you got to pay when you buy a brand new bike :/
i was looking at getting one a few years older as insurance was so damn cheap, even if i got a 3 year old one, it would have been 2-300 quid for the year comp. but i got a spanky shiner for a good price so i couldnt say no!

ive had alot of bikes in the last 5 years - the R6 is certainly the sharpest!
i almost bought an R1 on Tuesday - Blue and white, vaaary nice! but thinking im going to wait and see what i can get hold of 2nd hand next winter, to tidy up and bring out in summer '13!

ive only riden one cbr400, it was a bit tatty round edges, but was an awesome machine for its age!
wouldnt say no to a tidy one!
Old 2nd September 2011, 22:52   #14
petrolhead_19
Regular Poster

just commented on your topic for that video lol

well i prefer the older ones to be honest cause i like carbed bikes alot more can do with them, with fuel injection yeah there is dyno jet module box and all that but still prefer good old carbs lol , my brother has a 2001 r6 his insurance is £180 for year but he is like 35 lol. i almost got a new r6 on finance but then when i thought of it i went back to carbs lol.

I know what you mean about the r6 alot of people underestimate them there scary machines if your not use to big bikes but thats why there the fastest 600 on the roads today and one of the best.
Ahhh ya see i want the red and white r1 just think they are beautiful can pick early ones up for 2 grand now so need to start saving

ive had a few cbr400's still have nearlly a full one in bits in my cupboard lol, they are brilliant bikes specially on the twisties mine keeps up with my brother r6 easy on the twisty roads.

Do you go to any bike meets?
Old 2nd September 2011, 23:00   #15
Tontsy
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
just commented on your topic for that video lol

well i prefer the older ones to be honest cause i like carbed bikes alot more can do with them, with fuel injection yeah there is dyno jet module box and all that but still prefer good old carbs lol , my brother has a 2001 r6 his insurance is £180 for year but he is like 35 lol. i almost got a new r6 on finance but then when i thought of it i went back to carbs lol.

I know what you mean about the r6 alot of people underestimate them there scary machines if your not use to big bikes but thats why there the fastest 600 on the roads today
and one of the best.
Ahhh ya see i want the red and white r1 just think they are beautiful can pick early ones up for 2 grand now so need to start saving

ive had a few cbr400's still have nearlly a full one in bits in my cupboard lol, they are brilliant bikes specially on the twisties mine keeps up with my brother r6 easy on the twisty roads.

Do you go to any bike meets?
quote of the week there! good man!
im in the process of making some headers for mine to cut out the bloody cats, all 3 of them! bastards! im down geared too to -2+2, so the top end isnt quite as good as it was, when i saw over 180 a few times lol, it now hits the limit at 155ish but its pick up and go is fucking unbelievable, i love the little thing! not got many other plans for it, i only use it for fast road, and next year on the Track, so i plan on changing to 520 conversion and a full titainium system, PCV, quickshift and tying to get some carbon BST wheels but man they are expensive.

i do love good old Carb, my XJR1300 is a mighty fine example of a real carb'd bike which, i really dont ride enough! 2k miles in 7 years HAHA!

there are some big bike events in teh SW, but only one i really do is the Plymouth Mega Ride.
ive not got many mates that ride in the same style as i like - so 99% of the time i ride alone and look like a right larry.
i will have a white and red 2009 R1 to add to my collection one day!

RichM on here had a babyblade too! so a few bikers on here!
Old 2nd September 2011, 23:13   #16
petrolhead_19
Regular Poster

lol i thought you would like that comment but it is defo true.
Thats about the figure the earlier r6's push out 155mph unless you dyno jet the carbs had 167mph out of my brothers and that was pushing it, do miss my fireblade though , sounds like you got some good plans for it mate, the quickshifter will defo make a difference lose alot of seconds changing gear without one, bst's mmmmmm get me the drool bucket lmao lot of money though like you said might have to make some sacrifices lol.

As far as my babyblade goes think i have spent enough on it now just over 2k had new everything even the engine, had to change engine cause it got nicked last year and the chavs blew the engine .

i've heard of a few events down south but its just too far to travel specially on my bike, you will know how much of a ball breaker they are after a while up against the tank lol.
Never heard of the plymouth one, there are quite a few up this way, there is the southport pier every saturday and sunday, st. annes bike meet on monday nights, rivvington barn on sundays, just a few that.

Yup defo my dream bike red and white r1
I have noticed a few people have bikes in there description, but i just thought the same as what alot of my mates thought, a saxo driver rides a motorbike too??? lol
Old 2nd September 2011, 23:15   #17
mangojace
Established Member

Quote:
too much...

when i got it last year, it was new - resulting in £990 fully comp.
then halfway through my policy i got my gsxr SRAD and they added it for free.

now, to renew just the R6 it was 600 quid. not too bad i suppose although i expect next year for it to be circa 300 quid. so it sure drops in price for bikes.

looks sad in comparison when i pay 1100 for the Leon
and
400 for the XJR lol.
Tempted to do my bike test when im 21 and get a smallish bike to start with. Would love a gsxr 600,zx6r or a r6 one day. Any regrets owning a bike or not really lol?

Not bad insurance considering the performance , tempted lol!
Old 2nd September 2011, 23:21   #18
petrolhead_19
Regular Poster

Quote:
Tempted to do my bike test when im 21 and get a smallish bike to start with. Would love a gsxr 600,zx6r or a r6 one day. Any regrets owning a bike or not really lol?

how old are you mate? was going to say if you are 2 years off being 21 you can do your restricted access test which means you can ride any bike you want aslong as it is restricted to 33bhp and then after 2 years you automatically have your full license so can take restricter off .

Oh and never had any regrets i passed my test and never looked back, im even selling my car at the moment to start using my bike again its the best feeling in the world being free
Old 2nd September 2011, 23:22   #19
Tontsy
Saxperience Addict

Quote:

regrets...ive had something stupid like 10 already!
regret...thats never going to happen, ive had good days and bad days, ive had my offs, on my own fault and because of other road wankers.

and i still love getting on and riding!

gsxrs are too common imo! everyone gets one for their first bike. ive had 2 lol, 53 and w reg. tbf, the SRAD handled great and loved it when you wheelied it!
the ninja, i had a J1 (old shape) very heavy, didnt get along with it atall.
wouldnt get another!
the R6 - anything pre 06 i dont like / didnt like.

if i didnt get the R6, i dont know what i would have ended up with, i have my street bike, so i probs would have not got another bike and ended up with a focus RS instead of the Leon . . . but i know getting a new R6 was a great idea lol.

get your test done, pick up a cheap and cheerful 4-600. doesnt matter what it is, abuse it for a year or two, drop it, all that jazz...then get yourself on some test rides, and find what style you want!
Old 2nd September 2011, 23:55   #20
mangojace
Established Member

Quote:
regrets...ive had something stupid like 10 already!
regret...thats never going to happen, ive had good days and bad days, ive had my offs, on my own fault and because of other road wankers.

and i still love getting on and riding!

gsxrs are too common imo! everyone gets one for their first bike. ive had 2 lol, 53 and w reg. tbf, the SRAD handled great and loved it when you wheelied it!
the ninja, i had a J1 (old shape) very heavy, didnt get along with it atall.
wouldnt get another!
the R6 - anything pre 06 i dont like / didnt like.

if i didnt get the R6, i dont know what i would have ended up with, i have my street bike, so i probs would have not got another bike and ended up with a focus RS instead of the Leon . . . but i know getting a new R6 was a great idea lol.

get your test done, pick up a cheap and cheerful 4-600. doesnt matter what it is, abuse it for a year or two, drop it, all that jazz...then get yourself on some test rides, and find what style you want!
True i see more gixxers on the road than r6's!Btw how easy is the test lol? Ill have too look into it!

Always been a fan of bikes, cant get better value for money imo! Just thought id look mega gheyyy riding around a r6 limited to 33 bhp! Altho still quicker than my saxo i bet lol!