Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 17th December 2012, 13:38   #21
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo st tdci & Supercharged vts
iTrader Score: 47 (100%)
Andy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud of

Little pre-christmas present to myself

Managed to pick up an Airtec FMIC for the mondeo. Much bigger than the standard intercooler and its reported to give good gains.

Looking into getting a set of Forge Motorsport silicone pipes as well before fitting it. After christmas I think I'll be looking into getting a decat pipe and full exhaust, then getting those, the FMIC springs and audio fitted and wheels refurbed. Then It will need a remap to make the most of the new parts. Probably be getting a Bluefin for it with custom map, so that the remap can be removed when it goes to Ford for servicing.

Also, my Alpine headunit arrived last week, although it was broken due to the seller not pckaging it correctly. BUt having a part refund on it via paypal so can order the bits to fix it at no extra cost to myself
Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing AndyK's finished project as it's now taking shape!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proffitt View Post
AndyK's project needs finishing, been ongoing for ages now
Andy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 14:00   #22
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST150
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!

Looking good Andy, need to see this thing on the deck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordansowden View Post
What is the full name of the stuff you use to t cut badges, Thanks
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Baz For This Useful Post:
Old 17th December 2012, 14:13   #23
lukebeard
Regular Poster

Car(s): gold saxo vts ep3 civic type r (harry) seat ib
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
lukebeard is on a distinguished road

mate of mine had one of these, dont no wot exhaust he had but it was mapped and used to chatter like an evo or somthing. sounded like a jet plane by far best sounding diesel iv ever heard!!
lukebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 14:49   #24
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Andy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud ofAndy_K has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Looking good Andy, need to see this thing on the deck!
Cheers
It probably won't ever be on the deck lol, but should be a bit closer to earth within a few weeks or months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukebeard View Post
mate of mine had one of these, dont no wot exhaust he had but it was mapped and used to chatter like an evo or somthing. sounded like a jet plane by far best sounding diesel iv ever heard!!
They do sound well when you get them breathing.
Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing AndyK's finished project as it's now taking shape!
Quote:
Old 17th December 2012, 15:00   #25
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Looks nice mate. Also been on the lookout for one of these.

How much (if you don't mind me asking)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampy View Post
2.2 diesel
155bhp
Weigh nearly 1.5 tonne
Are you implying they are slow? You forgot to mention the torque figure...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 15:05   #26
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Giraffe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo180 View Post
Looks nice mate. Also been on the lookout for one of these.

How much (if you don't mind me asking)?

Are you implying they are slow? You forgot to mention the torque figure...
What is the torque figure out of curiosity? 400nm?
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 15:07   #27
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
What is the torque figure out of curiosity? 400nm?
About 270lb/ft whatever that equates to in new money.

A remap will see near 200bhp and over 400lb/ft
Quote:
Old 17th December 2012, 15:09   #28
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

Giraffe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo180 View Post
About 270lb/ft whatever that equates to in new money.

A remap will see near 200bhp and over 400lb/ft
That's without upgrading anything and it's safe as well??
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2012, 15:14   #29
craig180p
Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
That's without upgrading anything and it's safe as well??
Dunno about safety but it's been done more than once on standard internals. I'm assuming FMICs have been used.

Regardless, if you look at the in gear accelleration, it outperforms the petrol version in almost every test
Quote:
Old 17th December 2012, 15:15   #30
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Your looking at £6-7.5k for a good low mileage version, depending on exact spec. Upper end of that sale get you sat nav, recaro's etc and full dealer history. If your not bothered about mileage, you can pick pre-facelift modles from £4k

They certainly aren't slow. Just don't feel fast due to size and smoothness. But breathing mods and a remap opens them up massively.
Quote:
Old 17th December 2012, 15:17   #31
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

And yes fmic upgrade is necessary as standard one is tiny. But they are only £300 at most and direct fit
Quote:
Old 19th January 2013, 13:10   #32
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Bit more shopping done for the pile of stuff ready to fit

Picked up a panel filter and a decat pipe. Went for the panel filter to keep the induction noise Down and reading around it seems an induction kit doesn't do much extra on these.
Also a stainless decat which should free up a bit of torque and power. Going to get these fitted ASAP soon as the snow goes.
Quote:
Old 19th January 2013, 19:22   #33
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST150
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!

Good stuff Andy, just bought decat for mine, but like you the snow is stopping me haha, far to cold to be outside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordansowden View Post
What is the full name of the stuff you use to t cut badges, Thanks
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2013, 19:49   #34
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Good stuff Andy, just bought decat for mine, but like you the snow is stopping me haha, far to cold to be outside!
Too right mate! No way am I working in this weather! Plus can't test drive it afterwards lol
Quote:
Old 24th February 2013, 09:43   #35
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Right, well after an extremely busy month at work, I may get to spend a bit of time playing with my cars next weekend. Bonus to busy month is lots of expenses so the mondeo will be getting a few treats.
First up, it's due some new tyres. So whilst that's happening, I'll be having the wheels powder coated in a metallic grey or anthracite. Picking up a spare set of st rims today to have done so I can still use the car daily, and will order tyres off camskill on payday next week.
After that, I'm hoping to get the car booked in at a garage to have the springs swapped for the lowered ones.
Next weekend the plan is to fit the decat and k&n filter. And also to clean out the egr valve to try and cure a slight stutter the car has on light throttle.
Quote:
Old 24th February 2013, 09:44   #36
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Oh and also I was going to paint the front grilles black instead of the grey and chrome they currently are.
Quote:
Old 24th February 2013, 20:21   #37
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Picked up a spare set of wheels this afternoon

Now just need to drop them off at the powder coaters during the week and pick a colour
Quote:
Old 2nd March 2013, 20:51   #38
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

So I found this today :'(

Tyres holding pressure currently but it's not going to last long.
Luckily I had a delivery from Camskill on Friday with 4 new tyres arriving. Only hone for nankangs for now as I'm on a budget, but I've used them previously and they were fine. Only £52 each as well for 225/40/18 so can't moan.

Anyway, my wheels should by now be in a nice shade of metallic grey. Should be picking them up Monday or Tuesday from the coaters and will then get the tyres fitted and onto the car. Painted the centre caps up today in chrome.

Once fitted you will only see the bolt heads so Won't be too in your face. Also ordered a new set of decals for on the centre caps.
Quote:
Old 10th March 2013, 17:34   #39
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

So I picked up my wheels from the powder coaters this week. CAS coatings have done a great job again and they are now a nice metallic grey. I then dropped them to my tyre place to have 4 new tyres fitted, new valves and all balanced. Refitted the 2 bits of the entre caps and new ford centre badges and back on the car.

No decent pics yet cos its freezing, so these will have to do for now.

Quote:
Old 31st March 2013, 15:44   #40
Andy_K
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Got painted grills on the front of the car today as grill etc was off anyway to change a bulb. Looks better in black IMO than grey. Also new ford badges in black carbon instead of the blue. Also fitted a new jacking point cover as one was missing.

Next up should be my amps arriving so I can make a start on the boot install.
Quote:

Last edited by Andy_K; 31st March 2013 at 16:16.