Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 14th May 2008, 01:56   #41
weetz
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Fiesta ST180 Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
weetz is a glorious beacon of lightweetz is a glorious beacon of lightweetz is a glorious beacon of lightweetz is a glorious beacon of lightweetz is a glorious beacon of light

I honestly can't see what the fuss is about Mac's and OSX...PC and Windows XP ftw.

My PC has Xp and Ubuntu on (I never use Ubuntu though lol, I just like the wobbly shiney effects)
weetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 10:33   #42
betty02
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): MK5 Golf GTi FSi
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!

All down to personal choice

the reason macs dont get many viruses is because there ahrder to crack tbh, and there getting just as common as PC's are nw tbh!

You can upgrade a mac pretty much just as easy as a PC, the ram goes in just the same way, so do harddrives etc.

Theres plenty of mac software outhere that is easy to sue, as for installing microsoft office on there well thats because both apple and microsoft saw that they are not really going to make much money competing so they just decide to let it work

as for macs being ahrder to sue i disagree, to me there easier, i lvoe my mac and i am a mac fanboy.

have my main macbook in my room, and also a HTPC in my room and i hardly touch the PC tbh

As for the performance my macbook is lower spec then my PC but preforms 10000000 million times better if you ask me

And yeah i do think Vista is a copy of mac OS, XP is dull as anything vista has tried to be more graphical but yet keeping the standard start menu etc, but i think they realised that OSX was such a hit they had to do that, so isnt copy as such, but you get my drift

End of the day it somes down to own thing

personal Preference!
betty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 11:15   #43
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): LY R26
Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooorn94 View Post

Just ask yourself if its worth the money for what you're going to use it for? Is it just going to be a new toy that you're going to be fed up with in a few months, and then you'll look back on the day you bought the mac and go "Bosh wish I had done something more sensible now" Is the Mac going to be just a statement: "Oh yes I have a mac, it's awesome, does everything I want it to do, much better than windows rubbish."

Does your current PC show signs of dieing?
My current PC is far from dying. Works amazingly.
I just fancied a Mac for video editting. + for something new to learn.
Other than that they look suave.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 11:17   #44
Craddock
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Craddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud of

Macs are also good for video/graphics use.
Thats the main reason i decided to buy one in the first place.

Im not even including other bits that they offer over windows.
Craddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 12:10   #45
Jacko
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): 08 Golf TDI
Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!

is it true the black one is dearer...the macbook i mean.
Jacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 12:35   #46
Craddock
Saxperience Forum Bum

Craddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud ofCraddock has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
is it true the black one is dearer...the macbook i mean.
On apple it is yeah, but the spec of the hard drive is more.

I got it off ebay, it's £949.00 on apple and i got it for £670 brand new, bargan
Old 14th May 2008, 12:38   #47
Robb
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Panamera
Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craddock View Post
On apple it is yeah, but the spec of the hard drive is more.

I got it off ebay, it's £949.00 on apple and i got it for £670 brand new, bargan
link me? now.
Old 14th May 2008, 13:14   #48
Craddock
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
link me? now.
to what, apple or listing?
Old 14th May 2008, 13:19   #49
Jacko
Saxperience Addict

Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!

ebay obviously.
Old 14th May 2008, 13:42   #50
Robb
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Panamera
Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!

yeh ebay obviously....
Old 14th May 2008, 13:44   #51
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!

I bought my macbook to look cool no other reason. Its working. But the small screen is a tad annoying.
Clouds_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 13:49   #52
Jacko
Saxperience Addict

do you feel you accomplished that goal leckie?
Old 14th May 2008, 13:51   #53
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): LY R26
Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

Naturally.
Mac Owners are cool (in a nerd kinda way.)
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2008, 14:04   #54
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!Clouds_mate is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
do you feel you accomplished that goal leckie?
Fuck yes.
Old 14th May 2008, 14:09   #55
Jacko
Saxperience Addict

That Answer Will Cost Me Money....
Old 14th May 2008, 14:35   #56
Clouds_mate
Saxperience Hardcore!

always the case.

Im adicted to spending money, annoys me so much, i have an idea in my head then just go out and buy it.

Cant save for shit
Old 14th May 2008, 14:58   #57
Jacko
Saxperience Addict

we are silly bastards....however being older you should know better.
Old 14th May 2008, 15:04   #58
GrantW
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): None...
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!GrantW is a great team player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leckie View Post
always the case.

Im adicted to spending money, annoys me so much, i have an idea in my head then just go out and buy it.

Cant save for shit
I also have that problem, minor inconvenience when im a student lol