Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 3rd November 2008, 15:10   #1
manc
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Pug 207
iTrader Score: 29 (100%)
manc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of light
Default **GROUPBUY** Innovate LC-1 wideband sensor for the Predator ecu

Thought I'd initially test the water on whether or not there is any intrest for a groupbuy on the Innovate LC-1 wideband lambda sensor, if you are buying a Predator ecu then this will be right up your street.

These are to be used with the Predator standalone ecu developed by Datshiift, when the car is mapped with the Predator they will fit this exact wideband sensor to get accurate fuel/air mixture, once mapping is complete they remove this wideband and put the narrowband back on, more detailed info & indeed video's can be found here, for the blink of you out there you can buy air/fuel gauges also

--UPDATE 5/11/8--

These usually RRP for £165.00 +delivery each, the best discounted price I have got bearing in mind the poor pound to the dollar is £133 delivered.

--UPDATE 5/11/8--

Payment details will be presented once I get an idea of intrest & numbers.

The List: -

1. ManC PAID
2. Mystic PAID
3. daz_Westcoast PAID
4. Ste
5. The_Notorious_C_A_T PAID
6. tweeqd
7. VTR-T
8. saxmad88 2x PAID

Last edited by manc; 18th November 2008 at 14:45. Reason: new numbers added, being optimistic now ;)
manc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to manc For This Useful Post:
Old 3rd November 2008, 15:29   #2
luthor1
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
luthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to behold

FYI - the LC-1 can permanently be left installed in your car post Predator install, and the ECU can have a wideband input sent to it, and it can constantly correct the fueling as you drive, which is far better than a narrowband Sensor.

The LC-1 has 2 outputs, so 1 can go to the dashboard to a sexy gauge, and 1 to the Predator for fuelling corrections.

Andy
luthor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 15:37   #3
manc
Established Member

manc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of light

Cheers for the addition Andy, I was hoping you would offer a bit more info

ManC
Old 3rd November 2008, 16:25   #4
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

1. ManC
2. Mystic

I'd be pretty interested in one of these too, anything to make driving a saxo more bearable

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 16:51   #5
manc
Established Member

Welcome aboard Mystic

ManC
Old 4th November 2008, 09:01   #6
manc
Established Member

PM'd a few guys to see if there intrested also.

ManC
Old 4th November 2008, 10:08   #7
dannyhall
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Premier Ed. Milano Red CTR
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
dannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to all

So what would the benefits be of having this installed? Better MPG? Sorry just electronics etc. just baffle me! LOL

But I am very interested....
dannyhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 18:56   #8
manc
Established Member

What’s the difference between narrowband and wideband?

Wide Band

• Shows Actual Air/Fuel ratio.
  • Precise display of ratio on the rich side of “stoichiometric”, which is where all performance engines run. Usually displays Air /Fuel ratio to the second decimal place.
  • Useful for maximizing power from race and other performance engines.
  • Fully temperature compensated.
  • Higher cost.

Narrow Band
  • Shows indication of rich vs lean.
  • Usually has very “coarse” display of ratio on the rich side of “stoichiometric. Some units only have 2 LEDs for the entire rich range!
  • Really only useful for making sure your engine is not running on the lean side.
  • Usually not temperature compensated, so the same air/fuel condition in the motor will result in an indication on the meter that will vary depending on sensor temperature.
  • Low cost.

Bottom Line:

You need wideband in your life if you want a smooth running engine which provides the most accurate fueling thus offering better bhp when you press the loud pedal.

We only have one more place for this groupbuy so be quick about it...
Old 4th November 2008, 19:11   #9
Drago
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vts track car
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Drago has a spectacular aura aboutDrago has a spectacular aura about

Very interested dependant on final price, this would be used on a emerald though so im guessing it is still compatible.
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 19:57   #10
manc
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz_Westcoast View Post
Very interested dependant on final price, this would be used on a emerald though so im guessing it is still compatible.
Hi,

Pretty sure the LC-1 will work with your Emerald ecu.

Right now its looking like its £130 delivered which from all the looking round Ive done is pretty cheap, were you hoping for somthing even cheaper???

ManC
Old 4th November 2008, 20:08   #11
Drago
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Nah thats sounds pretty reasonable mate, emerald has the correct function for this so it wont be a problem.

But as you say the more people interested the cheaper it is

One quick question will the wide band lambda screw into the original lambda sleeve? or is it a different thread size and pitch?
Old 4th November 2008, 20:15   #12
manc
Established Member

Quote:
Nah thats sounds pretty reasonable mate, emerald has the correct function for this so it wont be a problem.

But as you say the more people interested the cheaper it is
I see where you coming from matey but I do want to try and sort this by the 22/11/08, have the Predator being fitted by Andy then you see...

Quote:
One quick question will the wide band lambda screw into the original lambda sleeve? or is it a different thread size and pitch?
Good question, Andy has been fitting these to Racelands for a while now so I guess the right sleeve is already there.

You think you could commit to £130 by the 20/11/08???

ManC
Old 4th November 2008, 20:39   #13
Drago
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Yes mate put me down.

This is another thing on my list to get so will save alot of hassle later on.

Want to be able to get my emerald fitted and mapped/tweaked ready for next season.
Old 4th November 2008, 20:43   #14
manc
Established Member

Quote:
Yes mate put me down.

This is another thing on my list to get so will save alot of hassle later on.

Want to be able to get my emerald fitted and mapped/tweaked ready for next season.
Well done matey, I will leave this groupbuy open as long as I can as like yourself want to try and get the most discount available

ManC
Old 4th November 2008, 20:53   #15
Drago
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ok matey
Old 4th November 2008, 21:36   #16
Ste
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!

Ill deffo have one, ive been thinking about this for a while just havn't got a decent ECU sorted yet.
Old 4th November 2008, 21:54   #17
manc
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste View Post
Ill deffo have one, ive been thinking about this for a while just havn't got a decent ECU sorted yet.
Excellent stuff Ste, I'll stick you down on the list, we need 1 more to get the 5 off price

ManC
Old 4th November 2008, 22:07   #18
dannyhall
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Premier Ed. Milano Red CTR
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
dannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to alldannyhall is a name known to all

How hard would this be to wire up to gauge? Simple plug in job or would it need soldering etc?

And how are we paying for this? As i'm abit paranoid at the minute! LOL
dannyhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 22:11   #19
tweeqd
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): AX GT 16v turbo 6 speed with NOS 205 gti6 E 320
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
tweeqd is just really nicetweeqd is just really nicetweeqd is just really nicetweeqd is just really nicetweeqd is just really nice

chuck me down for one aswell
tweeqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 22:14   #20
manc
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhall View Post
How hard would this be to wire up to gauge? Simple plug in job or would it need soldering etc?
The guage is piss easy, simply plug the Innovate gauge into the spare port on the controller, dont get any easier, shall confirm this however tommorow.

Quote:
And how are we paying for this? As i'm abit paranoid at the minute! LOL
Payment will be made direct to the supplier, I the groupbuy organise is not involved in anyway with the payment side of things, infact I would recommend everyone pay on a creditcard as this is a secured means of payment. I am hoping to provide a phone number to everyone allowing them to make payment over the phone. Hope this is OK.

Dannyhall, are we saying we now have 5 people in this groupbuy

ManC