Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 5th November 2011, 08:47   #1
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!
Default Laptop Batterys

I need a new battery for my laptop.

Got a choice between the genuine HP ones or the cheaper ones sold on ebay with 3 year warrentys, has anyone on here got one of these, how long do they actually last? Or is it worth spending another £20 on a genuine HP one?
Mochachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 09:11   #2
Psycho18
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mk1 White VTS
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Psycho18 will become famous soon enoughPsycho18 will become famous soon enough

Get genuine 100%!

Seen many problems with ebay ones. They last about 6months, get ridicously hot.

For the extra 20 i would get genuine.
Psycho18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 10:34   #3
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochachino View Post
has anyone on here got one of these, how long do they actually last? Or is it worth spending another £20 on a genuine HP one?
How long is a piece of string etc. I personally avoid cheap knockoffs as they seem to always have less amps + have inbuilt software that pushes the unit more, resulting in the battery running too hot.

If you want to take care of a battery properly and you want it to last, run 100% full cycles instead of recharging the battery at random.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 10:57   #4
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho18 View Post
Get genuine 100%!

Seen many problems with ebay ones. They last about 6months, get ridicously hot.

For the extra 20 i would get genuine.
Thats what I though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
How long is a piece of string etc. I personally avoid cheap knockoffs as they seem to always have less amps + have inbuilt software that pushes the unit more, resulting in the battery running too hot.

If you want to take care of a battery properly and you want it to last, run 100% full cycles instead of recharging the battery at random.
They say OEM. I didnt know what theyd be like as like with car parts you get OEM specparts at half the price that are just as good.

I want an 8 or 12cell battery this time round. Most of the time the laptop is plugged in but I cba to remove the battery all the time so they only last me about a year of being on constantly.
Old 5th November 2011, 11:12   #5
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochachino View Post
I want an 8 or 12cell battery this time round. Most of the time the laptop is plugged in but I cba to remove the battery all the time so they only last me about a year of being on constantly.
I wouldn't touch the OEM ones with a barge pole tbh. Now my advice is still that: if you run on battery, run the full cycle before plugging it in again. Once it's fully charged, the laptop knows it and stops automatically anyway.

When you get hold of a new battery, make sure you do run a few full cycles then remove the battery if you don't need it for a long time. A year's worth a lifespan really not much, you can squeeze 3 years easily.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2011, 13:24   #6
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!

Do they not continue to charge and charge even if theyre full? Couse I thought it made sense to stop charging once its full, but is a charger that clever?

Or does the laptop just take its power from the mains instead?
Old 5th November 2011, 13:32   #7
TomT
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
TomT is on a distinguished road

I need a new battery aswell tbh, used the wrong charger while mine was broke and now the battery lasts 2 seconds when I unplug the laptop
TomT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2011, 00:17   #8
trex3491
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 2002 CITROEN SAXO 1.1i Desire
trex3491 is on a distinguished road

Its normally the great from the laptop as well as the constant charging /discharging that kills the battery. Definitely get the OEM battery, its not worth £20 to get the cheap battery that could potentially short circuit your motherboard!
trex3491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2011, 00:24   #9
trex3491
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 2002 CITROEN SAXO 1.1i Desire
trex3491 is on a distinguished road

Thats meant to say heat...not great, lol
trex3491 is offline   Reply With Quote