Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 10th August 2012, 17:01   #21
desire1
Frequent Poster

desire1 is on a distinguished road

delete!

Last edited by desire1; 24th January 2013 at 22:33.
desire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 17:05   #22
saxova
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): JP4S'd R.
iTrader Score: 14 (94%)
saxova is on a distinguished road

http://www.ebuyer.com/164261-seagate...ve-st9160314as

£34.

What operating system was it on? - I'd send you one of mine for £10.. Would do checks / fresh operating system install too..
saxova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 17:57   #23
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic EP2
Dany4494 is on a distinguished road

Hp's are dogsh*t i had one same problem mate when you boot up streight away bottom left there is some options like f4 f7 and so on one says window restore or something on those lines just follow on screen instructions and reset, mine was shit used to break and had to do that every few months.
Dany4494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 17:59   #24
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Sorry didn't read properly if you tried all the F options looks like you need a hp restore ring them up they sent me one for free.
Old 10th August 2012, 19:09   #25
desire1
Frequent Poster

delete!

Old 10th August 2012, 19:09   #26
desire1
Frequent Poster

delete!

Old 10th August 2012, 22:09   #27
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desire1 View Post
hat you rang hp or the place you got it from?
did you need your reciept?
cos i have lost mine
Sorry i wasn't clear rang up hp for a recovery disk.
Old 10th August 2012, 22:14   #28
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
would that fit my laptop?
depends whether its SATA or IDE, on IDE drives you can see the pins on SATA its 2 separate connectors
Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2012, 13:28   #29
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Ahh HP, there's a common problem on them which is slight RAM contact oxidization. Try removing the RAM, dry clean the contacts gently (A t shirt will do) and put back in place.

Either that or your hard drive might be shot or one/several files being corrupted. A recovery disc would have sorted this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxova View Post
What operating system was it on? - I'd send you one of mine for £10.. Would do checks / fresh operating system install too..
In before drivers nightmare.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2012, 19:30   #30
Carlvtr88
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): 1.1 106 XN Time, MK2 VTR 01. Ford Focus ST3 CP320
Carlvtr88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
Ahh HP, there's a common problem on them which is slight RAM contact oxidization. Try removing the RAM, dry clean the contacts gently (A t shirt will do) and put back in place.

Either that or your hard drive might be shot or one/several files being corrupted. A recovery disc would have sorted this out.

In before drivers nightmare.
I don't like HP stuff tbh. I have really big trouble with it. Some of their laptops have issues with the graphics, much like the first xbox, with the board flexing and solders loosing touch.

Ball grid array for you I suppose. I have a toshiba laptop from ten years back. Not a problem.

Some times the setting that sends your pc into a continuous loops is ON.... something about restart on startup failure... I cant remember it word for word. But basically, uncheck that and it might go straight into BSOD. giving you details about said error.

Some antivirus called bullguard did it to me a year ago, deleted some false positive then fucked my machine. Windows Re-install was my only option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappert View Post
bet your bird likes it tho

Last edited by Carlvtr88; 11th August 2012 at 19:34.
Carlvtr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2012, 21:54   #31
0x90

Car(s): White Saxo 1.1 LX
0x90 is on a distinguished road

If possible, try going into advanced options at boot and then disabling automatic reboot on bluescreen/error. That will stop the computer automatically rebooting when it encounters a bluescreen. Then try googling the error code, possibly with the model of your computer to see if others have encountered the same problem. The advanced options menu is F8 iirc.

As previously mentioned, if the computer starts in safe mode then it's most likely a driver issue. The best course of action would be to wipe the computer and re-install windows. Just make sure you have backed up all files that you wish to keep.

Don't spend more money than you have to. If the computer is still under warranty then I highly recommend going contacting HP customer support. You shouldn't need your receipt. If you contact HP then they will do all of the work for you and it shouldn't cost you anything.
0x90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2012, 10:03   #32
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlvtr88 View Post
I don't like HP stuff tbh. I have really big trouble with it. Some of their laptops have issues with the graphics, much like the first xbox, with the board flexing and solders loosing touch.

Ball grid array for you I suppose. I have a toshiba laptop from ten years back. Not a problem.
I see a lot of people who claim such problems smoking 20+ a day and sending all the smoke through the air vents then wonder why it overheats. This is the number one problem for laptops and consoles and I have seen my fair share of clogged up air vents and other pet hair horrors. When it's a genuine manufacturers defect, I bring it back to the shop and have it replaced for something else. Hence why I never bought an xbox until the problem were effectively addressed and solved.

I have a (4 year old) toshiba laptop, it's been fairly reliable except it overheats whenever you play some video. My HP laptop and my 2 HP desktops have been 100% reliable so far.
Old 13th August 2012, 10:32   #33
Carlvtr88
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
I see a lot of people who claim such problems smoking 20+ a day and sending all the smoke through the air vents then wonder why it overheats. This is the number one problem for laptops and consoles and I have seen my fair share of clogged up air vents and other pet hair horrors. When it's a genuine manufacturers defect, I bring it back to the shop and have it replaced for something else. Hence why I never bought an xbox until the problem were effectively addressed and solved.

I have a (4 year old) toshiba laptop, it's been fairly reliable except it overheats whenever you play some video. My HP laptop and my 2 HP desktops have been 100% reliable so far.

Yeah I know what you mean, Smoke does Kill electronics. As the guys in the studio realised when they were smoking the wacky baccy and all their faders were leaking on the desk haha - Muppets.

My Toshiba had that overheating problem occasionally. I don't smoke so it wasn't down to that. I imagine, bad design, I.e, the fans being directly on the bottom.

Having said that, manufacturers will tell people, laptops aint for laps.
Quote:
Old 13th August 2012, 10:34   #34
Carlvtr88
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0x90 View Post
If possible, try going into advanced options at boot and then disabling automatic reboot on bluescreen/error. That will stop the computer automatically rebooting when it encounters a bluescreen. Then try googling the error code, possibly with the model of your computer to see if others have encountered the same problem. The advanced options menu is F8 iirc.

As previously mentioned, if the computer starts in safe mode then it's most likely a driver issue. The best course of action would be to wipe the computer and re-install windows. Just make sure you have backed up all files that you wish to keep.

Don't spend more money than you have to. If the computer is still under warranty then I highly recommend going contacting HP customer support. You shouldn't need your receipt. If you contact HP then they will do all of the work for you and it shouldn't cost you anything.
Thats what i suggested dude
Quote:
Old 13th August 2012, 12:49   #35
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlvtr88 View Post
My Toshiba had that overheating problem occasionally. I don't smoke so it wasn't down to that. I imagine, bad design, I.e, the fans being directly on the bottom.

Having said that, manufacturers will tell people, laptops aint for laps.

Well that's it. The only thing I found to cure the problem is to have a usb fan tray. Also a good thing to do if you're handy with that sort of thing is to replace the cpu thermal paste after 4/5 years. But if you smoke on your computer forget about it, nicotine glues itself onto it then any sort of dirt, grime and hair with stick to that.

In that aspect I have seen all sorts of horrors already.
Old 13th August 2012, 16:19   #36
0x90

Quote:
Well that's it. The only thing I found to cure the problem is to have a usb fan tray. Also a good thing to do if you're handy with that sort of thing is to replace the cpu thermal paste after 4/5 years. But if you smoke on your computer forget about it, nicotine glues itself onto it then any sort of dirt, grime and hair with stick to that.

In that aspect I have seen all sorts of horrors already.

You are correct. This is was a 3 y/o system that was owned by a 2 pack a day smoker. It's horrible.
Old 13th August 2012, 16:59   #37
hellonpluto
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Saxo VTR '98
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hellonpluto has much to be proud ofhellonpluto has much to be proud ofhellonpluto has much to be proud ofhellonpluto has much to be proud ofhellonpluto has much to be proud ofhellonpluto has much to be proud ofhellonpluto has much to be proud ofhellonpluto has much to be proud ofhellonpluto has much to be proud of

to check your system for some hardware faults use the following:

HDD fitness check - i use this alot its awesome...gives you a clear RED for fucked and green for GOOD

http://www.hgst.com/support/index-fi...-downloads#DFT - click drive fitness test...download the iso and burn the image to a cd

Use memtest86 to test your system memory

http://www.memtest86.com/download.html

But personally your problem sounds like windows is fucked. Re-install the operating system and you'll be fine.
hellonpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2012, 17:41   #38
desire1
Frequent Poster

delete!

Last edited by desire1; 24th January 2013 at 22:34.
Old 13th August 2012, 18:50   #39
desire1
Frequent Poster

delete!

Last edited by desire1; 24th January 2013 at 22:34.
Old 13th August 2012, 21:30   #40
0x90

Quote:
And how do i swipe everything off my laptop so i can install it all again
When you turn on your computer, you might see something on the screen that says press a certain key for recovery. The recovery tool should contain everything needed to re-install windows.
If you don't have a recovery partition on your system, you'll need to buy (or otherwise obtain ) a Windows recovery or installation disk.
That link you posted just looks like a collection of free tools on one disk, I wouldn't bother with it.

If it's a problem such as a hardware defect, then re-installing Windows will not have any effect, so tread carefully.