Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 24th February 2009, 12:23   #1
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Charming car
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!
Default Selling for a friend

Noticed that alot of for sale threads are being locked due to the member putting the advert up for a friend/ family member.

Why is this an issue?
Danr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 12:32   #2
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

sorry I'm locking this thread...
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 15:13   #3
djflipsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): Vts, Vtr, Furio..
iTrader Score: 47 (100%)
djflipsaxo is a well respected team memberdjflipsaxo is a well respected team memberdjflipsaxo is a well respected team memberdjflipsaxo is a well respected team memberdjflipsaxo is a well respected team memberdjflipsaxo is a well respected team memberdjflipsaxo is a well respected team memberdjflipsaxo is a well respected team memberdjflipsaxo is a well respected team memberdjflipsaxo is a well respected team memberdjflipsaxo is a well respected team member

i dont see it as such a problem but i think it puts people off as the communication takes longer through a middle man
djflipsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 15:17   #4
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!

Not if you put up a phone number or e-mail address.

Personally i can't see a problem with it, it's just strange that Adam-q keeps locking them all when it says nothing in the rules of the for sale section (that i can see).
Old 24th February 2009, 15:20   #5
djflipsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

djflipsaxo is a well respected team memberdjflipsaxo is a well respected team memberdjflipsaxo is a well respected team memberdjflipsaxo is a well respected team memberdjflipsaxo is a well respected team memberdjflipsaxo is a well respected team memberdjflipsaxo is a well respected team memberdjflipsaxo is a well respected team memberdjflipsaxo is a well respected team memberdjflipsaxo is a well respected team memberdjflipsaxo is a well respected team member

i dunno, i suppose its a cheap way for someone to sell stuff.
also if the sale falls through and the saxp buyer gets stung, who is to blame and who can admin contact to deal with it as the person selling on someones behalf is not to blame???
Old 24th February 2009, 15:21   #6
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '15 Focus ST-2
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danr View Post
Not if you put up a phone number or e-mail address.

Personally i can't see a problem with it, it's just strange that Adam-q keeps locking them all when it says nothing in the rules of the for sale section (that i can see).
I agree.

It only says ebay links too and not pistonhead links, but these are been locked too.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 15:22   #7
betty02
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): MK5 Golf GTi FSi
betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!betty02 is absolutely fabulous!

If theres contact details directly to the seller i dont see this as being a problem personally
betty02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 15:23   #8
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

No one is to blame. The for sale section can't be goverened by the mods as such. If my sister decided to sell her saxo i'd put it up for sale on here as obviously it's a saxo owners site. She has no interest in the site and wouldn't want to be a member but i'd want to help her out. It would be nothing to do with me, just to do with her and the buyer.

The for sale section on here is exactly the same as pistonheads/ autotrader. The site actually has nothing to do with it, it's all between the buyer and seller.

(not trying to come across as argumentative Flip )
Old 24th February 2009, 15:27   #9
djflipsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore

lol im not taking it like that at all.
i dont personally think its a problem, but i could maybe see why the mods close it.
Old 24th February 2009, 16:01   #10
Chr15
Saxperience Addict
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): ITB'd Saxo VTS & Mazda 6 MPS
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Chr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
To the Seller

Members require 'Regular Member' status to advertise items for sale or wanted, within the Saxperience Community. This means that you MUST have made atleast 100 posts within the forum and your account must have been registered for atleast 30 days in order to post within the For Sale and Wanted forums.
Your the middle man/woman, not the seller.
Chr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 16:59   #11
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't that say you need to be a member for 30 days etc. to advertise the car for sale?
Old 24th February 2009, 17:07   #12
Chr15
Saxperience Addict
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): ITB'd Saxo VTS & Mazda 6 MPS
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Chr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura about

Yes, but YOU arent selling it. Your friend is. Your just passing on the info.

If you buy the car from your friend, then you can advertise it.

I guess it also stops people from saying their 'friend/family member' when its actually them with a dodgy account trying to scam.

Also if theres a problem, you dont want to be involved do you? there'd be posts like 'dont buy off [membername here] as they are pikeys/fake/unreliable/other insult.

IMO, 30 days and 100 posts isnt enough. I know the mods have enough to do but a possibility is that they and the admin say when a member can have selling powah/or the seller asks for the abilty and their post history is reviewed to see if they are genuine.

Ive seen several 'for sale' threads by people ive barely seen active on the forum, therefore not knowing if they are genuine or trustworthy.
Chr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 17:09   #13
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Then don't buy from them?

I'm not saying that you should be able to advertise for a friend without the minimum amount of posts etc. I'm just saying it's a bit stupid to stop established members from advertising cars.
Old 25th February 2009, 13:29   #14
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

my opinion....

Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 13:40   #15
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

Lol straight to the point Sayer.
Old 25th February 2009, 13:44   #16
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

One rule for us and one rule for others.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=210656

That isn't Adams....!
The Following User Says Thank You to Luke For This Useful Post:
Old 25th February 2009, 18:26   #17
Jimmy-Boy
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): N/A 200bhp+ per ton 106 gti
iTrader Score: 28 (97%)
Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!Jimmy-Boy is absolutely fabulous!

Just noticed this too!!!

Up The Toon
Jimmy-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 01:35   #18
Paulp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Astra VXR + 1989 Astra GTE
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
One rule for us and one rule for others.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=210656

That isn't Adams....!
Fair point there Luke
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12u55 View Post
14 inches or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns9900 View Post
sorry bud, too big for me. GLWS tho
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 01:51   #19
bez_123
Frequent Poster

Car(s): mazda demio! saxo! bmw e36 in white!!
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
bez_123 is on a distinguished road

can i just ask why do you bother locking the thread as the link will still be up and people has still pm the seller.. or is this not true??
bez_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 16:52   #20
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Bump? Any mods going to enlighten me?