Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 5th October 2007, 09:21   #61
samcook
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 197 cup
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!

contacted emerald last night and this was there responce, for your benefit toad mate

Hi Sam,
We can supply you with an ECU (£580+shipping+vat) for your engine but we don't get involved in the fitting side of it. We do the mapping for £275+vat, which is a flat rate. The ecu will read the stock sensors on that engine and if you are running it normally aspirated you will just have to install an air temp sensor.
If you want to have someone do the installation for you we give technical support until the engine starts & runs. If you want us to recommend someone let us know where in the country you are.

We are booking in late November for the rolling road and lead time for orders is roughly 7-10 days.
I will attach a copy of the brochure & K3 manual so you can see what is involved in the installation.
best regards
Old 5th October 2007, 09:48   #62
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): French tin can
Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Thanks for that.

That still leaves the issue of getting it all wired in though... I'm still thinking GMC, as they will do everything for me. KMS ECU, wideband, KMS DTH iTBs, all loom etc, etc, and fitting and mapping for just under £3k including VAT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax-oli View Post
and that his dealings even stretch as far as Brazil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
All we know is that he's called the Toad!
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 09:56   #63
leeroybrown
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Clio Trophy 025/500
leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!

You could get the ecu and a loomed made up for 1500 quid cheap then 3k from GMC
leeroybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 10:04   #64
samcook
Saxperience Forum Bum

samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!samcook is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
Thanks for that.

That still leaves the issue of getting it all wired in though... I'm still thinking GMC, as they will do everything for me. KMS ECU, wideband, KMS DTH iTBs, all loom etc, etc, and fitting and mapping for just under £3k including VAT.
there getting back to me with dealers in my area they recommend for fitting,
the thing that is putting me off kms is the fact that people have been having problems with it
Old 5th October 2007, 10:13   #65
leeroybrown
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!

My mate ran his thottle bodied VTS on a emerald ecu and the options on there ecu is immense tbh

You can buy a apdator plug from Emerald down load the software from there website, plug the lead into your laptop and watch live what the car is doing, you can also change some the settings, such as rev limiter, shift light etc

The new ecu's have a self map type software ready on them to use

Come highly recommend tbh
Old 5th October 2007, 10:17   #66
samcook
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroybrown View Post
My mate ran his thottle bodied VTS on a emerald ecu and the options on there ecu is immense tbh

You can buy a apdator plug from Emerald down load the software from there website, plug the lead into your laptop and watch live what the car is doing, you can also change some the settings, such as rev limiter, shift light etc

The new ecu's have a self map type software ready on them to use

Come highly recommend tbh
where did he have the ecu fitted?
does the emerald ecu come with launch control?
Old 5th October 2007, 10:18   #67
leeroybrown
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

His was fitted at Hiflow which is miles away for you

Yep his had the launch control on it and tbh it wasnt that hard to wire it you yourself
Old 5th October 2007, 10:24   #68
samcook
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
His was fitted at Hiflow which is miles away for you

Yep his had the launch control on it and tbh it wasnt that hard to wire it you yourself
yeh emerald sed its pretty simple to wire in your self aslong as you have the diagrams to hand! but id rather have it installed and mapped all at the same pace to be fair
Old 5th October 2007, 10:26   #69
leeroybrown
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Installing a shift light as well was very easy with the Emerald

U can get the shift light to say 7300 rpm but have the rev limiter at 7800 rpm
Old 5th October 2007, 10:49   #70
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

All very interesting.

Sam, let's see if there's any where local that will do all the installation work for the Emerald ECU. Are you going to go with the bodies? It would be pointless not doing so IMO. Then we could see if we could get a discount on all the parts too!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 5th October 2007, 10:57   #71
samcook
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
All very interesting.

Sam, let's see if there's any where local that will do all the installation work for the Emerald ECU. Are you going to go with the bodies? It would be pointless not doing so IMO. Then we could see if we could get a discount on all the parts too!
i might dependant on prices, just i wanted to get cams and standlone for the time being so then when i fancy extra power i can go for bodies also once ive recovered from the cost of this lol, i looked on that mech tuning site the place in cheltenham and they look quite good might contact them about getting everything fitted and mapped, would you be up for having the work done there if they are willing to do it?, as you have said from past experience they do a good job
Old 5th October 2007, 11:04   #72
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

The guy there was awesome. They are notorious for giving out low readings on the RR, but they will make your car run much faster. Hehe. How it should be done...

SO, you haven't done much to the engine at present then? I'll take this opportunity to tell you something then. Don't just fit the camshafts and get the car mapped, IF you plan at some later date to fit TBs. You will waste a lot of money. Basically mate, you're looking at the cost of camshafts as being your only extra to what I will be getting. So, let's say that's around £300. Look what I've paid already for my car: Mapping = £450, installation labour = £100. So this is money I've lost, and you will lose as well... Think about it, you know it makes sense.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 5th October 2007, 11:08   #73
samcook
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
The guy there was awesome. They are notorious for giving out low readings on the RR, but they will make your car run much faster. Hehe. How it should be done...

SO, you haven't done much to the engine at present then? I'll take this opportunity to tell you something then. Don't just fit the camshafts and get the car mapped, IF you plan at some later date to fit TBs. You will waste a lot of money. Basically mate, you're looking at the cost of camshafts as being your only extra to what I will be getting. So, let's say that's around £300. Look what I've paid already for my car: Mapping = £450, installation labour = £100. So this is money I've lost, and you will lose as well... Think about it, you know it makes sense.
already got 708 catcams sat in the box at home, was looking for a standalone unit to go with them, and the engines standard with breathing mods atm!

how much would mech tuning charge to fit cams and a new cambelt do you reckon?
Old 5th October 2007, 11:17   #74
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Arg. Even if I did know, I'm not telling you!

Haha.

Don't rush this. Think about all that I've said, and be reasonable. Re-map of stock ECU with 708s isn't going to ge the best out of your car. End of story. Purchasing a standalone and having that wired in and mapped with the 708s is the correct way forward. However, if you want iTBs, it would be wise to do this all at the sime time. I think this is the perfect point to draw the line at, as if you want wilder cams / more power, then you are looking at BIG changes in the engine.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 5th October 2007, 11:22   #75
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

Leeroy, dont suppose you could find out how much your mate paid at hiflow could you?

I've always been in 2 opinions about where the cars going so to cover my bases i think i might go stand alone with my cams atm!

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 11:24   #76
leeroybrown
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

What do you want a price on mate
Old 5th October 2007, 11:25   #77
leeroybrown
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Quote:
Don't rush this. Think about all that I've said, and be reasonable. Re-map of stock ECU with 708s isn't going to ge the best out of your car. End of story. Purchasing a standalone and having that wired in and mapped with the 708s is the correct way forward. However, if you want iTBs, it would be wise to do this all at the sime time. I think this is the perfect point to draw the line at, as if you want wilder cams / more power, then you are looking at BIG changes in the engine.
TBH if you just want to have your car cammed and not bother with the boddies remapped ECU is fine tbh you aint going to get that much more out of it with a standalone

If your going for boddies then you have to go for the standalone
Old 5th October 2007, 11:29   #78
Mysticp
Scotland
Track / Motorsport Prep

Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6i 16v VTS, 2 Classic Minis
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!Mystic is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
What do you want a price on mate
Hmm, good quesion

What did you mate have done at hiflow? Just the fitting or was it mapped there too?

I would probably have them fit it but im not sure where i would have it mapped atm.

Get Involved: Premiumites Car Game
Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 11:31   #79
samcook
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
TBH if you just want to have your car cammed and not bother with the boddies remapped ECU is fine tbh you aint going to get that much more out of it with a standalone

If your going for boddies then you have to go for the standalone
yeh understand that but thing is i want standalone for the fact it gives me the oppotunity further down the line to go bodies if i want to!

Toad mate are you keeping standard bottom end? and would the bodies work wel with a standard engine 708s and standalone?
Old 5th October 2007, 11:35   #80
leeroybrown
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

He had a stage 4 head

R6 throttle bodies

Emerald ECU fitted into the Loam

Bog Brothers Inlet manifold

and other bits and bobs

Loam was £250