Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 9th August 2007, 23:04   #41
R66CE_O_vtr
Regular Poster
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): lupo turbo 330bhp
R66CE_O_vtr is on a distinguished road

ive been told you dont run 14's and have never seen proof
R66CE_O_vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 23:22   #42
vtr130
Established Member

iTrader Score: -2 (0%)
vtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud of

You are a genuine fuktard rnt you!! Just because oli's didnt break into the 14's doesn't mean i wasn't knocking on the door of the 13's!!

What kinda of proof would you like, the castrol challenge league tables on the santa pod website??

http://www.rwyb.co.uk/cc_results2007.php

Number 50 on there!!

Or do you want peeps tht have seen it with their own eyes?? Or wnt even scans of all the timeslips i have saying 14.0 i believe there is about 8. The lowest being a 14.03 at 99.30 at shakespeare raceway. Which pugdan saw or any of the 106owners peeps.

But yeh there is no proof
vtr130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 00:05   #43
shaggers_saxvtr
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR/S, Mk1 Cortina, Jaguar XJS Convertible et
shaggers_saxvtr has a spectacular aura aboutshaggers_saxvtr has a spectacular aura about

LOL Craig!!
The mods I have wer simple: Standard cams etc.. Just backbox, Decat, Very low and able to drive the car IMO !
Itsafastworld - I know what you mean, but if you cannot improve performance over a 1/4mile upto say 90-95mph with TBs, cams and mapping etc at £2K+ to build then whats the point of the whole set up?
Are you saying a TBd car will be best at top end or something? Personally, it sounds pointless as with a setup like that I'd want to be hitting 14s like vtr130s and would like to feel the extra power over a more a less standard S.
Which at Santa Pod (where I ran and saw the other cars) I did not see much difference at all (0.01 + 0.02). If the AX does have the same setup as vtr130s then somethings gone wrong somewhere, thats bascially a very poor time.

Lowering, Engine changes, Gearbox changes etc... PM me!
shaggers_saxvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 00:08   #44
R66CE_O_vtr
Regular Poster

yeh fair enough good enough proof jus wot i been told thats all
Old 10th August 2007, 00:08   #45
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 gti/ SEAT LCR
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

i believe with your new set up vtr130 youll be posting up some real good times.its nice to see the likes of saxos mixing it up with porches and subarus and what not lol keep it up
Old 10th August 2007, 00:08   #46
shaggers_saxvtr
Established Member
South East Region Member

shaggers_saxvtr has a spectacular aura aboutshaggers_saxvtr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsafastworld85 View Post
sometimes adding a different set of cams can loose power over a 1/4mile as your changing the characteristics of the engine alot. so its not by how they are set up.
Perhaps depending on the degree of the cam etc - But along with TBs, usually headwork, breathing mods and a decent map you will se the power increase throughout the rev range and it will be low down as well..

Old 10th August 2007, 00:09   #47
R66CE_O_vtr
Regular Poster

there is a quick ax about somewere on bodies
Old 10th August 2007, 00:10   #48
vtr130
Established Member

vtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud of

Well it has 3 more bhp and is lighter, it pulled quicker times as standard. Matt said they were having problems getting the heat into the tyres! But i didnt get to see any timeslips.

There will be alot of difference between a tb'd or camed vts round a track or on the road, but off the line it is very hard to get all the power down. Nd obviousy a reasonable driver in a standard s, will be close to or beat a shit driver in a more powerful car, like the amount of scoobies or evo's i have beaten down the 1/4

But hopefully if my car is ready then im going to be taking it out on track at trax.
Old 10th August 2007, 00:13   #49
vtr130
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R66CE_O_vtr View Post
yeh fair enough good enough proof jus wot i been told thats all
Well who said tht?? Was it pugperformance?? They have been sayin alot of shit about my car i hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggers_saxvtr View Post
Perhaps depending on the degree of the cam etc - But along with TBs, usually headwork, breathing mods and a decent map you will se the power increase throughout the rev range and it will be low down as well..
Every car will perform different, but with the larger degree the cams, the steeper the powerband will become, so you lose at the bottom and gain at the top. You always lose somewhere and gain sumwhere!
Old 10th August 2007, 00:14   #50
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

shaggers_saxvtr if you want drivability you have to sacrifice power.throttle bodies is an advantage over standard inlet anyday(when properly se up).the reason some highly tunes cars arent giving good times is because there power band is in between 7000rpm and 8000rpm for example due to the cam profile.
if you want drivability you want a milder cam with a longer duration then th powerband will be broader like between 5 and 7krpm this would give you a better torque spread.
hope this help understand why more powerful cars arent always best for 1/4 runs.
Old 10th August 2007, 00:17   #51
vtr130
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygti View Post
shaggers_saxvtr if you want drivability you have to sacrifice power.throttle bodies is an advantage over standard inlet anyday(when properly se up).the reason some highly tunes cars arent giving good times is because there power band is in between 7000rpm and 8000rpm for example due to the cam profile.
if you want drivability you want a milder cam with a longer duration then th powerband will be broader like between 5 and 7krpm this would give you a better torque spread.
hope this help understand why more powerful cars arent always best for 1/4 runs.
Also traction issues!! My new powerband will be 5-9k, so bring on the xsi gearbox and some quick times. May have to add some nitrous to try and see the 12's
Old 10th August 2007, 00:20   #52
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

yh youll benifit from nos once youve got traction.lol at the powerband,bet its a nightmare off the line lol,youll definately need a shorter ratio box to keep on the power.slicks hint hint.
Old 10th August 2007, 00:28   #53
vtr130
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygti View Post
yh youll benifit from nos once youve got traction.lol at the powerband,bet its a nightmare off the line lol,youll definately need a shorter ratio box to keep on the power.slicks hint hint.
Not allowed to use slicks in competition... But im sure i will be able to get the power down, i could on the old set-up launching at 7k slipping out the clutch.
Old 10th August 2007, 00:35   #54
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggers_saxvtr View Post
LOL Craig!!
The mods I have wer simple: Standard cams etc.. Just backbox, Decat, Very low and able to drive the car IMO !
Itsafastworld - I know what you mean, but if you cannot improve performance over a 1/4mile upto say 90-95mph with TBs, cams and mapping etc at £2K+ to build then whats the point of the whole set up?
as said, throttle bodies give better IN GEAR performance, hence why imo more suited on track where throttle pick up in corners are more important.
I also wouldnt waste money building a car for gay ligning!

you also need to look at other variables such as traction. increasing power gives traction issues, what alot of people forget is the 1/4 is also largely down the start and how you launch.

look at the new evos for example you say you wouldnt want one and its pointless? yet off boost it got hammered by a crappy car on top gear. theres so many variables in tuning, bolting on goodies doesnt suddenly make you king of the 1/4
Old 10th August 2007, 00:37   #55
shaggers_saxvtr
Established Member
South East Region Member

Just wrote a long reply then my computer crashed (Cough...Wank3r!)
And i cant be botherd to retype..
Anyway Danny I know what you are saying, but im sure you know where im coming from too.
Craig your car was sweet before gunna be nuts when its back out tho...mucho respect!

Old 10th August 2007, 00:39   #56
MaRiO89
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!

Straight lines are ballbag..
Old 10th August 2007, 00:41   #57
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

shaggers_saxvtr yh i know what your sayin mate, you could strip the car and gain a bit of time and its free
Old 10th August 2007, 00:44   #58
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtr130 View Post
Not allowed to use slicks in competition... But im sure i will be able to get the power down, i could on the old set-up launching at 7k slipping out the clutch.
what tyres are you runnig r888's?
i went up the 1/4 in a megabusa (bike powered westfield) and due to the power being way up the rev range, you either light up the wheels or bog down.easy answer is to slip the clutch a bit but thats not to good for the clutch. think it was bout 11.5 or there abouts
Old 10th August 2007, 00:47   #59
vtr130
Established Member

I was using a standard clutch but kept eating them monthly, lol... I don't know what im going to do by way of clutches this time.

No i was on shitty budget tyres mate!! Sometimes I used yoko a539's
Old 10th August 2007, 00:49   #60
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

you could go paddle clutch but you dont get as much feel tbh.
yh the yokos arent that bad i dont think.the r888's are real good but they cost a fortune and dont last to long.catch 22 spring to mind lol