Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 14th May 2011, 02:46   #1
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!
Default Wireless router help..

Right, about 3 weeks ago i had a wireless router fitted.. Before then i had network cables running around the house for years.. Everything was fine, always full green bars when i played cod on xbox, video streaming on the computer all ran fine..
Since the wireless, after about 2 days my xbox drops to one red bar and i have to reset the router to get it back up to 3 green bars, which is the highest it goes now, and im forever leaving videos to load before i watch them.. Its all N network, so should be quick.. But nooo, doesnt want to play ball at all.. Anyone got any idea why its been piss poor, and suggestions to make it better?

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 07:35   #2
lemon191
Established Member
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta zetec mk7.5
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
lemon191 is a glorious beacon of lightlemon191 is a glorious beacon of lightlemon191 is a glorious beacon of lightlemon191 is a glorious beacon of lightlemon191 is a glorious beacon of lightlemon191 is a glorious beacon of light

last time i had problems with my router i changed the channel and it seemed to improve the conectivity so could try that. otherwise just try to make sure you are as close to the router as possible and make sure theres not to many walls etc in between you
but honestly id go back to wires they are untidy etc but they are 10x better than wireless anyday
Old 14th May 2011, 09:07   #3
Alexp
Central South
Track / Motorsport Prep

Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): VTS :)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!Alex is absolutely fabulous!

As above, try changing the channel.
The problem is if your neighbours have routers on the same channel it can interfere with yours.
Old 14th May 2011, 13:49   #4
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Could you give me a step by step guide how to do it? I used to be pretty good at this sorta thing, then started bmx when i was 14 and pretty much crammed the computer stuff out of my head.. And my router is straight below me in the house.. Just an uninsulated floor between us..

Old 14th May 2011, 13:59   #5
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Get the i.p address for the router. Use this address to access it in a internet explorer, then change channel.
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 15:42   #6
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

well i have no idea what the routers ip address is :/

Old 14th May 2011, 16:38   #7
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Have a look in the manual for the router, or if you get the model number for the router ill try and find it for you online mate.
Old 14th May 2011, 17:10   #8
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Right, im in the router settings, but where abouts do i look to change the channel, theres loads of settings...

Old 14th May 2011, 17:19   #9
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Should be in the settings somewhere, maybe under wireless settings or something.
Old 14th May 2011, 17:23   #10
Brenz
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Desire 1.1
Brenz is on a distinguished road

There should be a specific page for Wireless settings.

On there you should see things like SSID, Password/Encryption and the Wireless Channel which will be a number 1 - 11 iirc. Just change the number to a different one and save but honestly you should be using an ethernet cable for xbox or you will suffer with your ping.
Brenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 19:37   #11
stevie_m
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 VTR Two Tone, Mazda 3 Sport
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
stevie_m is on a distinguished road

Also see if there is any firmware updates... The worked for mine
stevie_m is offline   Reply With Quote