Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 27th December 2011, 20:55   #1
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!
Default Selling Guidlines

just on another forum, when going to the for sale section a list of guidelines come up

just copied one part which i thought could be good on here

Guidelines.

As soon as you and the other party strike a deal then immediately exchange emails or private messages providing both parties with the following information:

1. Full Name, Address & Postcode.
2. Telephone Number (NOT Mobile).
3. Confirmation of details of the trade.
4. Payment Method.
5. Clearly state your understanding of when you expect the money or goods to be sent.

Take a print out of the details above and keep it in a safe place. It is not unheard of for people to lose such information stored on a PC due to a virus or hard drive failure for example.

Obviously its down to that person to enforce this, but im sure any legit person selling and buying wont have a problem with doing this

you also have to have your username and the date on a bit of paper, again if legit then im sure people wont have a problem doing this

Suppose its just a few ideas stop people getting scammed, im aware it wont stop it totally, and the paper with the pic may take some moderating, but could be worth it.
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 21:04   #2
KrisB
Saxperience Forum Bum
Content ContributorSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Static -80mm Peugeot 405
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
KrisB is on a distinguished road

I think it's a great idea and i've suggested something very similar on another forum before. However, one major issue is that if the forum acted as a middle man for sales then they would have to hold quite a lot of responsibility for it. I've found on many forums now they are not holding responsibility for scams or people getting ripped off and people are made to read these terms when joining or selling.

(My idea to that particular forum was to have an automated system so anyone who wants to sell enters there details on the forum, a member of admin then prints off a code for said user and posts it to them 1st class. They then enter the code online once received).

One thing that one forum has done is to disable selling rights to members who have not paid to sell, or don't have premium membership, or have less than EG: 500 posts.
KrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 21:16   #3
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

If those guidelines were introduced, i dont see how the forum would become a middle man? its still the same going on, just pics have paper there, when going through a deal you swap details, thats nothing to do with the site, if you are buying something and say what are your details, they say no to it, well you dont buy, as said legit buyers should have no problems with doing that
Old 27th December 2011, 21:22   #4
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): VTR Turbo, 106 xsi track slag, Transit recovery, B
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
blackie_2k5 is on a distinguished road

as above....and really if your gonna get scammed the scammer can easily make up this information anyway, so pointless

im a legit seller, but i know for one i dont want to be handing my details over to someone i have no info about, and have probs never seen before with all the fraud these days

you only need very basic information on ppl to set up allsorts of debt etc in other ppl names... i dont even like giving seller's my details when ive bought something from them!

sad fact is you never know who your dealing with in regards to the interent, and if your dumb enough to fall into most scams.... you deserve it!....however if your unlucky enough to be scammed by someone seemingly legit...then thats part and parcel of E trading, theres really little you can do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
FUCK YES. I won on the internet.
blackie_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2011, 21:26   #5
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie_2k5 View Post
as above....and really if your gonna get scammed the scammer can easily make up this information anyway, so pointless

im a legit seller, but i know for one i dont want to be handing my details over to someone i have no info about, and have probs never seen before with all the fraud these days

you only need very basic information on ppl to set up allsorts of debt etc in other ppl names... i dont even like giving seller's my details when ive bought something from them!

sad fact is you never know who your dealing with in regards to the interent, and if your dumb enough to fall into most scams.... you deserve it!....however if your unlucky enough to be scammed by someone seemingly legit...then thats part and parcel of E trading, theres really little you can do
you have a problem giving your name and address? surely you cant get scammed by having someones address?
Old 27th December 2011, 21:30   #6
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!

as long as you have a name and address....you can set up mobile phone contracts and everything....BUT aslong as you have a name and address of a person that exists, you can find allsorts more about someone VIA the internet...thats why its advisable to post as little details of yourself as possible on sites/forums/facebook etc etc etc

youd be amazed what a proper hacker/fraudster can do with such little info

aswell as going to my other point, quite easy to google a street address and postcode and bang a fake name on
Quote:
Old 27th December 2011, 21:51   #7
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie_2k5 View Post
as long as you have a name and address....you can set up mobile phone contracts and everything....BUT aslong as you have a name and address of a person that exists, you can find allsorts more about someone VIA the internet...thats why its advisable to post as little details of yourself as possible on sites/forums/facebook etc etc etc

youd be amazed what a proper hacker/fraudster can do with such little info

aswell as going to my other point, quite easy to google a street address and postcode and bang a fake name on
ive just got a phone contract, i had to have photo ID and proof of address, plus if you just needed an address i could pick any from the thousands of houses in darlo and get names from phone book, so i dont believe that for a second mate

yes anyone can google a name and an address, but it may put some people off trying it with more rules in place
Old 29th December 2011, 21:21   #8
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!

i went into phones for you at the metrocentre last month and got an iphone 4s with a bank card that was 2 weeks old as id.... it wasnt even signed, nothing more

i know it happens, ive seen it done, and i also know what can be done with such limited inof
Quote: