Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 20th July 2010, 06:51   #1
Cammy
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

iTrader Score: 8 (83%)
Cammy is on a distinguished road
Default Engine Threads need Tapped, Cheaper options??

Have been told it needs to be sent awayfor machining, but this will cost allot.

Whats the going price of a cylinderhead for a MK2 VTR 3 plug? and would it be much cheaper buying a used cylinder head or buy a complete new engine and use parts off it? and sell the rest once im done with it? i.e pistons, rods, cam, rocker, block etc etc

Would rather have some more technichal people come in with their thoughts, as i need this to be done the cheapest way possible in the long run.

I have lost my license yesterday morning, so the car dosent need to be fixed straight away, but it would be nice to have it all sorted so the day i get my license i can get it mot'd.
Old 20th July 2010, 09:51   #2
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

What thread is buggered?
Old 20th July 2010, 12:43   #3
Cammy
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

The one that i know about is the one closest to the ECU.

not sure what number it is as i have no idea what order it fires, but have sourced a new head with a member on here so hopefully will be fixed soon.

Runches - you know allot about these cars, What is the best sparkplugs you recomend for these cars, as i might aswell get a major service sorted while the cars being done, as i dont think the fuel filter has ever been changed.
Old 20th July 2010, 12:56   #4
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

I'd just stick with some ngk plugs - around £10 a set.
Old 20th July 2010, 13:04   #5
bluenotesmiley
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): White MkII VTS Black MkII VTS
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
bluenotesmiley can only hope to improve

The sparkplug thread has gone? If its closest to the ECU then that's the forth cylinder?

If you can do the headgasket and belt yourself then the price of a new head in decent condition would be about £80-150. You can use a Helicoil to repair the thread but there is a better alternative, cannot recall the name but the thread is drill out and replaced with a threaded sleeve. By the time you have done all that though you probably could've got a new head.
bluenotesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 14:29   #6
Cammy
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Thought NGK would be the pick of the day, lol

Yeah, i can get all the parts cheap enough i.e gaskets and cambelt kit & Tensioner through someone i used to liase with through my last job at a garage - but its just getting it running!! lol