Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 25th December 2007, 13:39   #1
whazza22
Regular Poster

Car(s): Blue 1.6 vtr
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
whazza22 has a spectacular aura aboutwhazza22 has a spectacular aura aboutwhazza22 has a spectacular aura about
Default Using Ipod With Home Cinema System

Hey

Got a Home Cinema Surround Sound for christmas with a USB port in the front.

I have connected my ipod and it plays the songs BUT all the track names are displayed as 4 letter (eg HGWI)

It has no relationship with the song or artist.

Does anyone know how I can get it to display the correct titles as I never know what song is playing lol

Cheers

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Old 25th December 2007, 14:08   #2
medz_vtrturbo
Established Member
North Wales Region Member

Car(s): saxo vtr turbo
iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
medz_vtrturbo is a name known to allmedz_vtrturbo is a name known to allmedz_vtrturbo is a name known to allmedz_vtrturbo is a name known to allmedz_vtrturbo is a name known to allmedz_vtrturbo is a name known to all

get an adapter for the ipod with audio and video rf leads. and connect it through like that
Old 25th December 2007, 14:16   #3
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

3.5mm to Phono connection

Ipods are not like normal mp3 players. Ipods hide the files so getting the info is a shitty job
djrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2007, 14:25   #4
whazza22
Regular Poster

Car(s): Blue 1.6 vtr
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
whazza22 has a spectacular aura aboutwhazza22 has a spectacular aura aboutwhazza22 has a spectacular aura about

That explains it lol

There is nowhere to plug the phono connection into, it has a USB on the front so can I get an adapter allowing it to work with a USB.
Old 25th December 2007, 14:47   #5
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

well no

Ipods arent storage devices that play mp3s

the music is encrypted on there.

Just get a normal mass storage device and copy your music onto that and plug that into your usb slot
djrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 11:36   #6
Asaxo
Regular Poster

Car(s): 1.8 16V 306
Asaxo has much to be proud ofAsaxo has much to be proud ofAsaxo has much to be proud ofAsaxo has much to be proud ofAsaxo has much to be proud ofAsaxo has much to be proud ofAsaxo has much to be proud ofAsaxo has much to be proud ofAsaxo has much to be proud of

external hard drive?
you can pick up a 200gb hard drive with a media enclosure for around £80.
Then plug this into your system via usb, and it should do the trick.
also, you can plug your hard drive into your computer or anyother external device such as a memory stick etc and transfer songs from there.
if your interested, il try and find the one im getting for £80.
that is just another option - if you have the cash!
Asaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 14:43   #7
devilsadvocate
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf TDI
devilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud of

My Ipod does the same thing. If you view the MP3 files on the ipod through explorer on youre pc, you will notice that they are all named as four letter tracks.

I have an external drive with music on it. It doesnt work unfortunately when plugged into my samsung ome cinema system via the usb port.
devilsadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2007, 16:51   #8
Brooksy
Frequent Poster
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Audi A3 Quattro
Brooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to beholdBrooksy is a splendid one to behold

oir you need the 'proper' apple hardware which will allow u to see the titles..

like if you play your ipod to your car's steroe player (if its not ipod ready) and your using 3.5 cable the titles wont show up. cos you need the correct working apple or similar compatible wires to see the data.

ipod-3.5-hi-fi (etc) wont do the job.. = 3.5 will just transfer the audio through.. all its designed to do..
unless u got a specifically different one...
Is that much of a problem to just view the track thats playing on the screen of the ipod?!

Just one of them compatibility problems two different brands clashing..
there are ways to bypass it but havent looked into..

Soz bout (sp) mistakes cba as its xmas