Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Car Care & Detailing
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Car Care & Detailing This forum should be used to discuss topics relating to car care and car detailing. (cleaning, polishing, buffing, scratch removal, car care products, etc, etc)

Old 17th March 2013, 22:35   #1
jasonmayall
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Rover BRM, Rover 800 Coupe, Mk6 golf.
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
jasonmayall is on a distinguished road
Default removing spray paint

Some scrote spray painted the side of our car yellow yesterday so i got to try out the machine polisher today...

Heres the damage

After a quick rub down with clay, this is what was left, the more stubborn paint.

Didnt take too long to remove, I was quite surprised actually. Used a reasonably hard pad with a das-6 and some megs ultimate compound - Worked a tread.

Gave the car a wash and wax afterwards, Took me 3 hours all together so in no way was it a detail, But I think it came up quite well for a 14 year old motor.

Picture of the BRM through the reflection

Gave the engine a quick once over too

Didnt use anything out the ordinary, just what I had at the time

Megs gold class shampoo
ultimate compound
Megs high tech yellow wax
Wonder wheels (Cant stand this stuff!)
AG window polish
Megs engine cleaner
Megs engine dressing
jasonmayall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2013, 22:57   #2
griff_106
Established Member

Car(s): Daily: 2015 Juke 1.5dci Toy: 2002 106 Quiksilver
griff_106 is on a distinguished road

Great turnaround mate! Such a sad fact of life that there's such low life scum walking the streets these days... Looking spot on now though

Is that the GT or GTB? My brother-in-law has the older shape GT with the manual 'box in dark blue (slightly different to yours) and my GOD she doesn't hang about Sounds feckin' awesome with the aftermarket backbox as well

106 GTi Raptors, 60mm Spax Springs, GTi/VTS 247mm front brake setup for sale and more HERE! PM me for info if required!
griff_106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2013, 23:03   #3
jasonmayall
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

I know, its unbelievable what some people do for 'fun'!
To be fair though, i enjoyed cleaning it, and it wouldn't have been done it it weren't for them.
Its the GTB, so its got the Bilstein suspension setup etc, its also a manual which are quite hard to come across.
It is a quick car though, I've surprised quite a few 'fast' cars in it before lol... Cant help feeling its not quick enough though so it will be having a bit of work over the coming months
Old 17th March 2013, 23:24   #4
griff_106
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmayall View Post
I know, its unbelievable what some people do for 'fun'!
To be fair though, i enjoyed cleaning it, and it wouldn't have been done it it weren't for them.
Its the GTB, so its got the Bilstein suspension setup etc, its also a manual which are quite hard to come across.
It is a quick car though, I've surprised quite a few 'fast' cars in it before lol... Cant help feeling its not quick enough though so it will be having a bit of work over the coming months
Absolutely mate

Ahh right cool - yeah the manuals are these days... my brother-in-law spent a fair old while looking for his and he loves it He doesn't push it too much but it's a good sleeper with only the brakes giving a clue as to what's under the bonnet on the exterior

I remember he was telling me there was some n00b egging him on in a 206 to play once so he just waved as he drove away like the 206 was tied to a tree

106 GTi Raptors, 60mm Spax Springs, GTi/VTS 247mm front brake setup for sale and more HERE! PM me for info if required!
Old 17th March 2013, 23:45   #5
jasonmayall
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff_106 View Post
Absolutely mate

Ahh right cool - yeah the manuals are these days... my brother-in-law spent a fair old while looking for his and he loves it He doesn't push it too much but it's a good sleeper with only the brakes giving a clue as to what's under the bonnet on the exterior

I remember he was telling me there was some n00b egging him on in a 206 to play once so he just waved as he drove away like the 206 was tied to a tree
Lol, This was a complete impulse buy, the MG died in September last year, catastrophic engine failure which i still haven't got round to looking at, so we just needed an estate to replace it with. Doesnt do many miles, and it does about the same MPG as the MG anyway (about 17-20 LOL)

I thought the brakes on these were quite small though, effective never the less.

I do enjoy a good play with a silly little chavs sometimes, had a little kid try to race me in his zr, covered in monster stickers, let him 'think' he was winning, then just left him when the turbo's kicked in at 4.5k
Old 18th March 2013, 00:07   #6
griff_106
Established Member

Quote:
Lol, This was a complete impulse buy, the MG died in September last year, catastrophic engine failure which i still haven't got round to looking at, so we just needed an estate to replace it with. Doesnt do many miles, and it does about the same MPG as the MG anyway (about 17-20 LOL)

I thought the brakes on these were quite small though, effective never the less.

I do enjoy a good play with a silly little chavs sometimes, had a little kid try to race me in his zr, covered in monster stickers, let him 'think' he was winning, then just left him when the turbo's kicked in at 4.5k
Ahh right fair play. Dan (my brother-in-law) had wanted one for a long time but didn't want an Impreza as they're (generally) the ones that have been ragged and had a harder life at the mercy of boy racers and such like. Even with driving normally without waking the second turbo up I think he gets around that figure

He took me out in her after we had a mass detailing session with her and the feeling of that second turbo spooling up is absolutely awesome haha. She's still limited but even though we never break the speed limit, we still had fun

Old 18th March 2013, 00:16   #7
jasonmayall
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

I couldnt live with myself if i had an Impreza lol, purely down to the image you get with them, awesome cars though. Insurance is cheaper on the Legacy anyway, I've just turned 22, but when i was 21 i was only paying £50 a month on it, in my dads name as i've my own daily driver.

Ours is limited to 112mph too, Will be coming off before we go to the ring later in the year though
Old 18th March 2013, 00:37   #8
griff_106
Established Member

Quote:
I couldnt live with myself if i had an Impreza lol, purely down to the image you get with them, awesome cars though. Insurance is cheaper on the Legacy anyway, I've just turned 22, but when i was 21 i was only paying £50 a month on it, in my dads name as i've my own daily driver.

Ours is limited to 112mph too, Will be coming off before we go to the ring later in the year though
I'd love an Impreza - I've wanted one since I was knee high to a grasshopper so wouldn't worry too much about the image tbh... I'd be worried more about who's nicked it this week or who had carved half its paintwork off more though

Yeah I'm not sure how long the GT has been in the country but there have been noises about taking that limiter off recently too