Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 1st August 2008, 09:26   #21
Robb
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Panamera
Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!Robb is absolutely fabulous!

Is that your sister?

Na I have only read Chris's reply but I totally agree, where she is so nervous, the fact that she is smiling shows it. Also is it worth pulling the sheet flat on the shots where shes lying down so theyre arent any creases. Unless you would photoshop the background afterwards anyway....
Old 1st August 2008, 11:18   #22
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westie-rossi View Post
try an get pics of her whilst your jus talkin to her so its all a bit carmer maybe. good pics though!
Thanks really appreciate these sort of comments, i think next time it may be easier on both of us. Just need to get to chat a bit more. Also i need to be more positive and know more poses for me to feel more relaxed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I think they would have looked better if she wasn't smiling... get her to focus on something else in the room (possibly just over your shoulder) and try to relax.... get the more sultry look from her, this would make it look more natural.

Something like this: -

Still really good pics for you first attempt Matt!

Chris
Cheers again Chris. Ill try that with her as i think she wants more done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybiss View Post
Matt, on behalf of all the men on sax-p, thank you. We now have a good excuse to look at a bird in her kegs.

Its photography shizzle init...
lol No problem, when she asked me i thought all she wanted was some headshots etc i thought she was joking until she came down the stair i was

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigy_87 View Post
nice pics man, agree with the last pic though rather bright

oh an fake tan lines on the boob niiiiice lol they'll be like a set of eyes now
Tan lines did show a bit in the pics im sure it can be sorted in photoshop not that i now how at the minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
Matt... fair bloody play mate! second one is really nice. I didn't realise this would be a underwear type shoot...!

I would have maybe ditched the background on this (or gone for a warmer colour) as it has quite a 'cold' feel i think... although I may be talking shit.

Massive envy from me though mate, thinking we should team up... learn from each other

What the hell lens are you shooting with though!? you need to either lower that aperture and get some blur going on or use a longer focal length (also makes for a more natural perspective on the face. A majority of portraits shot use focal lengths of 85mm all the way to 200mm... 50mm at a push if it's just for facial shots though.

I would love to team up with you sayer like i say let me come over one day when you are shooting for a friend or something or ill just pop up and we can shoot each other.

i was using the shite kit lens sorry! Room was a little limited so i wa quite close hence the small focal ranges. The lowest i could get was F5.6 all the way through. But i was shooting bigger as i wanted all of the body in focus.

There were clothed shots i didnt go just for underwear shots i did double shots, single and group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle_Jim View Post
big respect for jumping straight into the deep end, i thought you were just doing a few headshots etc, didnt realise you were doing glamour.
there was a bbc three series called glamour girls - definately worth a watch have a look on youtube/ bbc iplayer (for photographic purposes obviously lol)

great start mate, if you havent already got one a light meter would be a usefull bit of kit.
also if you were doing it regularly i would recommend in buying a background. i think there is a company called colourma that do them in any colour you want.

for the mean time with a little bit of PS work the images can be cleaned up nicely. i would either have a plain white background or a gradient, grey doesnt look that great. although you shouldnt do it in post production it is possible to change it

white

gradient

cleaned image (removed moles etc, simple but effective, make the models look better and therefore the pics. and is common place in the industry although they often go to extremes)

good effort though mate, cant have been an easy shoot to do. get some more pics up too

James
Like i said earlier James i thought it was just headshots at first when we arranged. But i said as long as her parents were happy with it i wouldnt mind. I work with her dad so i wanted it to be ok with them.
Thanks for the PS James how did you do it? Im still learning PS i was going to edit her ones before i got them printed.
I do need to get a BG but what i find is most backdrops are massive and most places i have been wouldnt have room. They are usually 10foot wide which is massive. Need something thats like 5/6foot wide.
I was wanting to get a light meter but sayer said not to and use the inbuilt one.
What sort of backdrop should i use for underwear bikini? A slightly warmer colour like blue or even black? Cant find that company called colourama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Good effort dude. The one thing which is bad and my eyes are drawn to are the big fuck off ceases in the sheet by her head. Poses look ok I expect you have more angles. One isnt flattering though because of her chin
Cheers Ryan, the creases i actually didnt notice at the time and ill improve on that next time thanks.
I see what you mean now on the angle now on the first image. Wasnt many other angles tbh as i was limited on room. I will try more next time as said with a crowd i was extremely nervous next time hopefully it will be just me and the model so i wont feel as stupid.
Old 1st August 2008, 12:31   #23
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

here you go mate
http://www.coloramaphotodisplay.co.uk/suppIndex.asp

yup you will need an external light meter as the through the lens metering on your camera will only take into consideration the ambient light not the light from the flash guns. one like this fires the flashes whilst taking the reading and are really easy to use.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sekonic-L-308S...3286.m14.l1318

as for the photoshop, to change the background i went image>adjustments> replace colour, dropper tool on the grey then lighten to white, some bits that were left grey where then changed to white using the dodge an burn tools.
i used levels adjustments to bring back detail on the subject, (as well as dodge/burn) and spot heal tool to remove marks etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 12:45   #24
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

Cheers James, Just doing a deal with Sayer on a L358 Sekonic Meter. What are they like?
Old 1st August 2008, 15:21   #25
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle_Jim View Post
here you go mate
http://www.coloramaphotodisplay.co.uk/suppIndex.asp

yup you will need an external light meter as the through the lens metering on your camera will only take into consideration the ambient light not the light from the flash guns. one like this fires the flashes whilst taking the reading and are really easy to use.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sekonic-L-308S...3286.m14.l1318

as for the photoshop, to change the background i went image>adjustments> replace colour, dropper tool on the grey then lighten to white, some bits that were left grey where then changed to white using the dodge an burn tools.
i used levels adjustments to bring back detail on the subject, (as well as dodge/burn) and spot heal tool to remove marks etc
How did you remove the imperfections so well? When i do it you can tell its been done yet on yours you cant!
Old 1st August 2008, 15:35   #26
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Charming car
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!

mate, serious question. Can i come and sit with you when you do your next set?

I'll get rid of her nerves straight away. Can wear a clown costume or something.

Your progressing well sunny.
Danr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 15:39   #27
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danr View Post
mate, serious question. Can i come and sit with you when you do your next set?

I'll get rid of her nerves straight away. Can wear a clown costume or something.

Your progressing well sunny.
Many Thanks Dan. Ill take that as a compliment lol. Ohh i do need a lighting assistant lol jokes!
Thanks
Old 1st August 2008, 15:44   #28
Audrey_D
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Silver Saxo VTR
Audrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team member

How about using a prop for the first couple of shots to help her chill a bit? Not only give her something to do with her hands but its also fun

My mate asked me to take pictures of her but when infront of the camera she froze and pictures looked so staged and false smiles. I gave her a hat to wear and she then turned into her usual 'up for anything' self.

Second Show as RMO - Best Club Stand Trophy!
Audrey_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 15:50   #29
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey_D View Post
How about using a prop for the first couple of shots to help her chill a bit? Not only give her something to do with her hands but its also fun

My mate asked me to take pictures of her but when infront of the camera she froze and pictures looked so staged and false smiles. I gave her a hat to wear and she then turned into her usual 'up for anything' self.
A hat? strange lol. Could try a chair or something. I think she was trying a little too hard which made it look too false ill try and get her to relax and to look past the camera and over my shoulder.
Old 1st August 2008, 15:54   #30
Audrey_D
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Silver Saxo VTR
Audrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team member

She wasnt in her underwear though

I never used the ones in the hat. When she had 'got into it' i took the hat away and got some really good pictures

Get her to wear her heels too, heels make a girl more confident A chairs good aswell. Just watch the poses, not wanting to see more than you anticipated

Second Show as RMO - Best Club Stand Trophy!
Audrey_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 15:55   #31
Danr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Charming car
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!Danr is absolutely fabulous!

Shoot her austin powers stylie, she's a llama?
Danr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 16:20   #32
Chrisp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Megane Coupe/Convertible Diesel
Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!

I find that people look fake if they look straight at the camera..... tell her to think of something nice, then whilst she is deep in thought, snap away at the different expressions she is making.

Maybe get something to distract her in the background, like have a TV on with an episode of Friends or something funny on, so it gets her smiling naturally at the humour etc.

Could you not use a sofa or something (like in the pic I posted up of the sultry girl), then that will give you something else in the pic instead of just her on a plain BG.

As for the creases in the sheet you used... either make sure there aren't any or make her play with the sheet and get loads of creases in it.

Chris
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 16:53   #33
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey_D View Post
She wasnt in her underwear though

I never used the ones in the hat. When she had 'got into it' i took the hat away and got some really good pictures

Get her to wear her heels too, heels make a girl more confident A chairs good aswell. Just watch the poses, not wanting to see more than you anticipated
You've shot art nude then? Interesting lol. Ill use your idea's next time thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I find that people look fake if they look straight at the camera..... tell her to think of something nice, then whilst she is deep in thought, snap away at the different expressions she is making.

Maybe get something to distract her in the background, like have a TV on with an episode of Friends or something funny on, so it gets her smiling naturally at the humour etc.

Could you not use a sofa or something (like in the pic I posted up of the sultry girl), then that will give you something else in the pic instead of just her on a plain BG.

As for the creases in the sheet you used... either make sure there aren't any or make her play with the sheet and get loads of creases in it.

Chris
Could try a sofa or something similiar. Will try the Tv idea aswell cheers! Aswell as the creases will get her to have a play with the sheet or something.