Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 8th August 2008, 11:13   #21
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

Sayer how long does the shutter last? Also how do i find out how many its taken overall?

How do you do the light swirl shots, do you actually turn and move the camera? I thought that would of blurred the subject too.
Old 8th August 2008, 11:50   #22
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Remember with Nightclub stuff you're capturing TWO images (much like portraiture! Nightclub is an extension of portraiture photography anyway).

You're capturing at the same time:
1) Ambient Light
2) Flash Light

The flash will capture stuff in the foreground (closer to the flash - flash has more power on the subject)
Whilst the ambient will be captured in the background.

so the subjects will be frozen by the Flash then you're free to rotate the camera to capture the ambient in anyway you see fit.

bosh
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 11:59   #23
Chrisp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Megane Coupe/Convertible Diesel
Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!

This is all great advice!!

I'm not gonna be confronting any nightclubs etc, but it's all good to know so that when I go to friends weddings in the future I can get some good evening disco shots.

Managed to get some pretty good ones at the wedding I went to a few weeks ago (with the advice given by Adsayer) and the bride and grroom were well happy with them.... infact they were really happy with the pics I took throughout the whole day... even said that they should have paid me to do the photography instead of the pro.

I looked on the pro's website at the pics he took and I must admit, I wouldn't have been happy to pay for the majority of pics he took.

Chris

Last edited by Chris; 8th August 2008 at 12:04.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 12:15   #24
mattchewone
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Passat Oil Burner
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!mattchewone is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
Remember with Nightclub stuff you're capturing TWO images (much like portraiture! Nightclub is an extension of portraiture photography anyway).

You're capturing at the same time:
1) Ambient Light
2) Flash Light

The flash will capture stuff in the foreground (closer to the flash - flash has more power on the subject)
Whilst the ambient will be captured in the background.

so the subjects will be frozen by the Flash then you're free to rotate the camera to capture the ambient in anyway you see fit.

bosh
Gottcha will have to have a bash and see how it goes. Attending a wedding reception next sat so will try my luck there!
Old 8th August 2008, 12:18   #25
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post

I'm not gonna be confronting any nightclubs etc, but it's all good to know so that when I go to friends weddings in the future I can get some good evening disco shots.

Managed to get some pretty good ones at the wedding I went to a few weeks ago (with the advice given by Adsayer) and the bride and grroom were well happy with them.... infact they were really happy with the pics I took throughout the whole day... even said that they should have paid me to do the photography instead of the pro.

I looked on the pro's website at the pics he took and I must admit, I wouldn't have been happy to pay for the majority of pics he took.

Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattchewone View Post
Gottcha will have to have a bash and see how it goes. Attending a wedding reception next sat so will try my luck there!
Mass respect to both of you... weddings scare the shit out of me.

Chris, that's great news! Not how many friends you have that have weddings coming up soon but maybe try approaching them as being the pro photographer for the day... Mates Rates, it'll pay for your kit and give you a bit of pocket money

Good luck!
Old 8th August 2008, 12:21   #26
Audrey_D
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Silver Saxo VTR
Audrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team member

Quote:

Chris

You got any pics for a nosey??

Im dreading picking a crap photographer!

Excellent pics btw!! xxx

Second Show as RMO - Best Club Stand Trophy!
Audrey_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 12:24   #27
Chrisp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!Chris is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Mass respect to both of you... weddings scare the shit out of me.

Chris, that's great news! Not how many friends you have that have weddings coming up soon but maybe try approaching them as being the pro photographer for the day... Mates Rates, it'll pay for your kit and give you a bit of pocket money

Good luck!
Well one of the girls who I met at the wedding is training to be a Graphic designer as well, so I could take the pics, then let her work her magic on them.... little business venture maybe... hehehe!!

I think I'll have to give it a go at a feew more weddings first then get some sort of portfolio made up maybe.

A friend of mine's Dad is a pro photographer and does anything from weddings to Gillingham Football Club stuff and corporate days out etc.... she said she could have a word with him and ask if I could go along with him a few times as a sort of apprentice... this will give me some more practice at different photo styles, plus I would be learning off him all the time.

Think I might do something like this next summer.

Cheers Buddy!!

Chris
Old 8th August 2008, 12:24   #28
Peejous
Saxperience Addict
West Midlands Region Member

Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!Peejous is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
did you say lazers??
Cheers for the new desktop background
Old 8th August 2008, 12:28   #29
Chrisp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey_D View Post
You got any pics for a nosey??

Im dreading picking a crap photographer!

Excellent pics btw!! xxx
They are on my Facebook page.... search for Chris Gunns and I'm the one with a pic of me sniffing a load of BBQ food..... (don't ask... I'm just a bit weird)... then have a nosey through all the pics in the albums. I think they are called Racheal and Steve's wedding... there should be 4 albums.

If you're not on Face book let me know and I'll have to post some on here tonight or some time over the weekend!

Chris
Old 8th August 2008, 12:32   #30
Audrey_D
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Silver Saxo VTR
Audrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team memberAudrey_D is a well respected team member

Quote:
I'm the one with a pic of me sniffing a load of BBQ food..... (don't ask... I'm just a bit weird)
Hmmm.....

Off to do that the now

Cheers! xxx

Second Show as RMO - Best Club Stand Trophy!
Audrey_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 12:37   #31
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

fucking hell chris!

they're mint wedding photos.
Old 8th August 2008, 12:38   #32
Chrisp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey_D View Post
Hmmm.....

Off to do that the now

Cheers! xxx
No worries... let me know what you think. I know some are shit and some are pretty good IMO, so I won't be offended if you think they are shit.

Chris
Old 8th August 2008, 12:41   #33
Chrisp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
fucking hell chris!

they're mint wedding photos.
Cheers Dude ..... obviously I couldn't get amazing pics as I couldn't be in the pro's way, so I just shot them from where I was.... plus I couldn't do anything like croutch down etc as my knee is still painful at the mo.

Chris
Old 8th August 2008, 12:42   #34
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

very impressive for a first time... which lens were you using?!
Old 8th August 2008, 12:46   #35
Chrisp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
very impressive for a first time... which lens were you using?!
Mixture of both mate.

Outside the church I whack out the big boy (lens that is)

Patio drinks and String Trio I used the kit.

Speeches I used the big'un too.

Evening disco I used the kit.

Chris
Old 8th August 2008, 12:50   #36
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Glad to dee you put them both to use.

Wondering why ive blown a couple of grand on lenses now
Old 8th August 2008, 12:51   #37
Shellz
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 206 Quicksilver
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
Shellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant futureShellz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
most clubs just had people using finepix fseries cameras calling themselves pros lol.

i hate being in clubs with photographers now as 99% of the time they are wank and it annoys me to hell, most clubs are contracted with a company though which is why you may struggle to just go he shit hire me, as the company pays to have the contract.

dont give it to much flick with the camera if doing it, tbh ive moved away from it now, dont do it to much and often or it does look wank...

you shoot from above as its more flattering than below the subject.

get an extrenal flash for sure, best thing in my bag bar my fisheye. i shoot with a 580ex mk2 but have a 430ex for back up if on a budget its respectable.

did you say lazers??
Thats awesome!!
Old 8th August 2008, 15:26   #38
streakofpiss
Frequent Poster

streakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant futurestreakofpiss has a brilliant future

Quote:
They are on my Facebook page.... search for Chris Gunns and I'm the one with a pic of me sniffing a load of BBQ food..... (don't ask... I'm just a bit weird)... then have a nosey through all the pics in the albums. I think they are called Racheal and Steve's wedding... there should be 4 albums.

If you're not on Face book let me know and I'll have to post some on here tonight or some time over the weekend!

Chris
I've just added you on facebook.
streakofpiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2008, 15:45   #39
Chrisp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by streakofpiss View Post
I've just added you on facebook.
Go Browsing!