Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 7th May 2009, 00:27   #41
Roasthunter
Infrequent Poster

Roasthunter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfisher89 View Post
ok williams and vts is debatable.

i never said vtr was a hot hatch mate, i personally dont think they are it's like a porsche boxster in comparison to a carrera just ask urself y buy a vtr?
Doesn't a Clio williams have 150bhp vs 120bhp from the Saxo? So is likely to bit a little bit quicker but is probably carrying more weight, esp up front.
Roasthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 00:28   #42
rey
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): :(s)rac
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
just ask urself y buy a vtr?
eh? why buy a VTR?

Plenty of reasons why, different people want different things, for example, I didnt want to be arse raped (minus lube) by getting a VTS for my first car, so got an R.

It does everything I need it to do, except for break alot, that I could do without... Still, just because it's not the God Almighty VTS, there's nothing to say its any worse than any other saxo.. Has the same, shitty stereotyped image attached, has the same reliability issues, same car minus 8v's essentially
rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 00:30   #43
Ferg
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Clio 197 Cup
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!

Correct Rey ... Half an engine
Old 7th May 2009, 00:32   #44
rey
Saxperience Post Whore

rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!rey is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
Correct Rey ... Half an engine
ahh but the same handling characteristics... tbh I don't care about having 8v's, I love my car, when it works , and its nippy enough for me right now lol cant afford to run anything better/faster
Old 7th May 2009, 00:33   #45
rossfisher89
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo Vts and Punto FS
rossfisher89 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey View Post
eh? why buy a VTR?

Plenty of reasons why, different people want different things, for example, I didnt want to be arse raped (minus lube) by getting a VTS for my first car, so got an R.

It does everything I need it to do, except for break alot, that I could do without... Still, just because it's not the God Almighty VTS, there's nothing to say its any worse than any other saxo.. Has the same, shitty stereotyped image attached, has the same reliability issues, same car minus 8v's essentially
lol didnt mean to offend anyone, what i meant by it was if performance is key to you why buy a vtr? if you just like look and happy with 90 bhp then it's wise to as you save a shit load on insurance.
rossfisher89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 00:36   #46
rey
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
lol didnt mean to offend anyone, what i meant by it was if performance is key to you why buy a vtr? if you just like look and happy with 90 bhp then it's wise to as you save a shit load on insurance.
108 on mine according to AMD's rollers

and if performance was key to me, personally a saxo would not be on my list of cars to have lol
Old 7th May 2009, 00:39   #47
rossfisher89
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

lol same mate, they are good for what they are, 120 break from a 1.6 isn't bad at only around 850 kgs? but being honest most of us would be in lotus exige's if we had the cash lol.
Old 7th May 2009, 00:41   #48
rey
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
lol same mate, they are good for what they are, 120 break from a 1.6 isn't bad at only around 850 kgs? but being honest most of us would be in lotus exige's if we had the cash lol.
935kg standard VTS weight
920kg standard VTR weight

me personally, I'd have a Caterham R500
Old 7th May 2009, 00:45   #49
Roasthunter
Infrequent Poster

Roasthunter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey View Post
935kg standard VTS weight
920kg standard VTR weight

me personally, I'd have a Caterham R500
Is that dry weight? Add a few gallons of fuel, a couple of fat blokes and a few tinnies in the boot and you're screwed!
Roasthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 00:47   #50
benji1man
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
benji1man is on a distinguished road

dont no about other vts owners but i've had my vts 140mph yet to redline, pretty standard.
benji1man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 00:51   #51
rossfisher89
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

yeah i never had that long of a run tbh, got to 130 pretty quick slowed from there, wasn't redlining but seemed pretty close. was approaching petrol station which police sit at sometimes so eased off alot, will test again with longer run next time i'm out late with v clear road. 935 kg 0.o dissapointed tbh lol, *gets out spanner and starts stripping* lol
Old 7th May 2009, 14:17   #52
captainroll

captainroll is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1man View Post
dont no about other vts owners but i've had my vts 140mph yet to redline, pretty standard.
Was that speedo indicated though? I don't doubt the speedo may have said it but the claim was made that actual speeds of above 140mph were possible with a VTS which is what i very much doubt (can't see manufacturers figures being that far out).

The VTR 132mph was claimed as being indicated on a Sat Nav which (to quote him) 'is 100% accurate' and again i do not believe that was true. How would a standard vtr get 5mph more than the VTS' top speed with 22bhp or so less?

Im pretty much certain i found the guy i was disputing this with on this forum as well now by reading through old posts, but he has yet to comment on this thread.

My take on 'hot hatch' was the same as someone else said i.e. the vtr is not a hot hatch if the vts is also in the range, it makes it a warm hatch. As i said before though that is a matter of opinion, its the overblown claims i wanted to sort out.

Cheers, captainroll
captainroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2009, 18:20   #53
Lloydie
Established Member
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Silver MK2 VTR 2000(W)reg.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Lloydie is on a distinguished road

I got 120 out of my vtr last night no way would it go 130 (mines standard part from a stainless exhaust)
Old 6th June 2009, 18:23   #54
SteveWC
Established Member

Car(s): 2003 Black VTR
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
SteveWC is on a distinguished road

90-100 bhp is pretty acceptable for a young person as a first or second car imo!

Considering most young people can only afford like 1.1s n stuff with 60bhp
SteveWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2009, 23:11   #55
CitroenSport
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): MK2 VTS 153bhp
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
CitroenSport is on a distinguished road

VTR'S are mint for young people end ov.
FOR SALE>>> MK2 Silver Saxo VTS 153BHP(Cammed with 708's, Chip Wizards Remap, Anthracite TD Pro Race 1.2's wrapped in Proxy T1-R's, Airbagged GTI Leather, 6000k HID's, Full Supersprint System & Loads More!!!>>>>> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=398979
CitroenSport is offline   Reply With Quote