Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 1st November 2005, 18:00   #1
cammedvtr
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): saxo vtr
cammedvtr is just really nicecammedvtr is just really nicecammedvtr is just really nicecammedvtr is just really nice

Has any one had any dealings with the cam belt bearing tensoner. I have changeed the cam belt twice now and never changed the tensoner, but a friend took his saxo to the local garage and they said you should always fit a new tensoner when changeing the belt. I spoke to SHITREON and they told me they have never sold a tensoner or fitted one themself. Any info would be good Thanks.
Old 1st November 2005, 18:50   #2
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

best practice to change it, for the inexpense of it. I men 18 odd quid versus 16 bent valves and anything else it takes with it

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2005, 21:10   #3
Ratty
Established Member

Ratty is a jewel in the roughRatty is a jewel in the roughRatty is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like a bad citroen garage to me, its part of the service on a 70k cam belt change to replace the tensioners
Old 1st November 2005, 21:18   #4
cammedvtr
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): saxo vtr
cammedvtr is just really nicecammedvtr is just really nicecammedvtr is just really nicecammedvtr is just really nice

ok people i will talk to the citroen garage again. the company is reg vardy and they are ok, and the parts man is very experienced. where did you read the 70k service required the tensioner??? i have a vtr.
Old 1st November 2005, 21:28   #5
Ratty
Established Member

Ratty is a jewel in the roughRatty is a jewel in the roughRatty is a jewel in the rough

service manual? cambelt and tensioners.

Its also common sense
Old 1st November 2005, 21:30   #6
saxo_2004
Established Member

Car(s): Subaru Legacy 2.0 16V GL AWD
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
saxo_2004 will become famous soon enough

i have recently had my cambelt changed fan belt changed titened and re-aligned all for £200 inc vat and time.
saxo_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2005, 20:24   #7
lcheater
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 1999 Saxo VTS 2008 Vectra 2.8 V6 Turbo 1987 Rang
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
lcheater is on a distinguished road

I paid £200 for cituning to do oil change, reset tappits, fit a gear linkage thing (10 min job i found out afterwards!) and look for an oil leak! rip off mate, lol.

I recently paid £40 labour for cambelt, all gaskets, tappits, and new starter. In total with all parts and fluids i paid £80 but that was for a mate of mine to do the work!