Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 14th March 2007, 18:50   #1
jazzyc
Frequent Poster

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
jazzyc will become famous soon enough
Default psp help need with videos

I have just got a psp and want to be able to put films on the memory card.

I have encoded them to mp4 but when i put the memory card back into the psp and select videos it says there are no videos there.

do you need to have to have a certain firmware bersion to play them or should it play any mp4 file?

help please
jazzyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2007, 18:53   #2
woodsy
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): mk1 1998 silver saxo vts
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
woodsy is a splendid one to beholdwoodsy is a splendid one to beholdwoodsy is a splendid one to beholdwoodsy is a splendid one to beholdwoodsy is a splendid one to beholdwoodsy is a splendid one to beholdwoodsy is a splendid one to behold

not remember exactly but you dont need to remove the memory card

just plug the psp into your pc then copy the files into the videos folder on the psp hardware
Old 14th March 2007, 19:07   #3
jazzyc
Frequent Poster

i dont have a usb cable so i am just plugging the memory card into my pc.

there is no video file under the psp folder so i created on but that didnt work. i then tried to put it in the mov folder under the root folder (if that makes sense) but still dosent work.

where am i going wrong?
Old 14th March 2007, 20:29   #4
furioALm
Forum Section Moderator
Content ContributorCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi A3
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!

In order to get it to work you need to open up the memory card... format it... then create a folder on your psp called "MP_ROOT"...then a folder called 100MNV01 inside that... you then put your videos into the 100MNV01 folder.. there should be two files, the mp4 itself and a .thm file (or something like that) both files need to go into that folder

If you think it is your mp4's that arent working download psp video 9 here - http://www.pspvideo9.com/started.html and there are several guides of how to do it on there

Hope that helps
Alex
Old 14th March 2007, 21:07   #5
jazzyc
Frequent Poster

thanks for that. I have downloaded there convertor and am in the process of doing a file to see if that will work. I had some mp4 files on my phone that i tried on there but they would not work, maybe the picture size etc is different and thats why they wouldn't work?

anyways will give this a go and see if i get any joy
Old 14th March 2007, 21:50   #6
furioALm
Forum Section Moderator
Content ContributorCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Audi A3
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!furioAL is absolutely fabulous!

I think the problem is to do with the folders... you need to have the videos in certain folders that you have to make...

Alex
Old 15th March 2007, 17:17   #7
Richmt11
Frequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.6 VTR
Richmt11 is a glorious beacon of lightRichmt11 is a glorious beacon of lightRichmt11 is a glorious beacon of lightRichmt11 is a glorious beacon of lightRichmt11 is a glorious beacon of light

The forum on;

www.psp-hacks.com

was always helpful to me when i had my psp.
Old 15th March 2007, 17:23   #8
hellonpluto
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Saxo VTR '98
hellonpluto has much to be proud ofhellonpluto has much to be proud ofhellonpluto has much to be proud ofhellonpluto has much to be proud ofhellonpluto has much to be proud ofhellonpluto has much to be proud ofhellonpluto has much to be proud ofhellonpluto has much to be proud ofhellonpluto has much to be proud of

WINAVI should work a treat. It will convert most video formats such as mpeg1, 2, avi to mp4, 3gp, psp (what ever that uses).

I've converted divx movies to 3gp for my phone
hellonpluto is offline   Reply With Quote