Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 7th October 2009, 12:25   #1
Connor_scotland
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): 4th Impreza of the year - 391bhp - Audi S4 Avant,
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Connor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team member
Default Phone for me

RIght

Im after a new phone as my contract is up

The plan was to get an IPHONE but a couple of things have put me off.

The one thing been the shit camera.

Are there any other phones out there that have a excellent camera and is decent.

I currently have a N95 8GB - which the camera is good but the phone is slow and pish haha

Cheers

Last edited by Connor_scotland; 7th October 2009 at 12:30.
Connor_scotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 12:28   #2
Maxamus
Saxperience Forum Bum
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): I like Bikes now 👍🏻
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Maxamus is on a distinguished road

You shouldnt let the camera put you off it is acutally pretty decent! the phone as a whole is truly something you couldnt go without once you have it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshy23 View Post
At FCS everyone was pretty similar...Moxy bigging up 16v...then you coming fucking belting round the corner back end out. Quality! max respect.
Maxamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 12:28   #3
renagademaster4
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): saxo vts , saxo vts , jeep cherokee
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
renagademaster4 is a splendid one to beholdrenagademaster4 is a splendid one to beholdrenagademaster4 is a splendid one to beholdrenagademaster4 is a splendid one to beholdrenagademaster4 is a splendid one to beholdrenagademaster4 is a splendid one to beholdrenagademaster4 is a splendid one to behold

a have a samsung pixon , great camera on it 8mp , there's a few phones out there now with 10&12mp camera's
Old 7th October 2009, 12:30   #4
Connor_scotland
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

Connor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team memberConnor_scotland is a well respected team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxamus View Post
You shouldnt let the camera put you off it is acutally pretty decent! the phone as a whole is truly something you couldnt go without once you have it!
can you post up some pictures you have taken with it dude?
Old 7th October 2009, 12:35   #5
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Better MP doesn't mean better quality

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/mpmyth.htm

If the camera is the main thing putting you off then I'd reconsider. I use mine quite a bit and in decent light it's actually a very good camera. There are lots of aps out there that enhance the images as well as providing virtual flashes as well.

I'm very impressed with mine considering I'd gone from using 5MP cameras in phones
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 12:37   #6
Maxamus
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor_scotland View Post
can you post up some pictures you have taken with it dude?
At work at the moment, but ill make sure ill do it when I get home. If someone else hasnt by the time I get in!

If you want one now I can mms you one if you pm your number...

Quote:
At FCS everyone was pretty similar...Moxy bigging up 16v...then you coming fucking belting round the corner back end out. Quality! max respect.
Old 7th October 2009, 12:40   #7
Connor_scotland
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

Cheers SAxo180 nice bit of info there.

Yep the camera is pretty much whats putting me off.
Does it take videos?

Maxamus i will wait until you put one on the computer as i post most of my pics online :-)
Old 7th October 2009, 12:41   #8
Maxamus
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Cheers SAxo180 nice bit of info there.

Yep the camera is pretty much whats putting me off.
Does it take videos?

Maxamus i will wait until you put one on the computer as i post most of my pics online :-)
ok dude, the Iphone 3gs does video! Check apples website for the video tutorial on the 3gs it will show you all the features

Quote:
Old 7th October 2009, 12:41   #9
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Yes it does video. Not sure on the fps but it's good enough for me!
Quote:
Old 7th October 2009, 12:44   #10
Connor_scotland
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

SO do you rate the IPhone good then mate?

Whats its like for texting. I was mucking about with one in the shop and it seemed a bit "touchy" if that makes sense. I dont have fat fingers either lol
Old 7th October 2009, 12:47   #11
craig180p
Yorkshire

I have dick fingers and it's ok. Auto corrects words that you've mis-spelt as well.

You can type in landscape so the keyboard is bigger.

Dunno if you know anything about DJing but I would put it like this:

The Technics SL1210 deck is the industry standard and has been for many years. There have been hundreds of attempted new industry standards but the 1210 always retains it's title.

The iPhone has done this for the phone industry.

I would say it's the best phone/personal email/web browser/organiser on the market.

everything is so intuitive
Quote:
Old 7th October 2009, 12:49   #12
Connor_scotland
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

Yea i get you mate
I know there are thouands of wicked apps you can get for them aswell :-)

As i said the ONLY things putting me off the phone are

Camera quality
Texting as i text alot

Is it free internet on them aswell?
Old 7th October 2009, 12:50   #13
craig180p
Yorkshire

Yep totally free. ~I'm on mine most of the time through the day and never been charged any extra
Quote:
Old 7th October 2009, 12:52   #14
Connor_scotland
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

Thats smooth as fuck.
What network are you on?
O2 seem to charge a fair bit per month for them. A few folk have said wait until Vodaphone and Orange get them as the price will drop.
Old 7th October 2009, 12:57   #15
craig180p
Yorkshire

I'm on O2. Got one of their tarrifs. 1200 mins (barely use 300 mins a month), 500 texts and unlimited browsing.

£44 a month and I paid £80 for the handset. I reckon if you wait until Orange have it then you should be able to get a better deal with O2 as they tend to do better deals when you haggle with them!

If anything you'll get a better tariff selection but it might be another 3 months before Orange/Voda get them in stock
Quote:
Old 7th October 2009, 13:06   #16
Connor_scotland
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

Hmmm i might just get one at the weekend. WAs playing some wicked apps on my mates its a quality piece of kit like.
Can you watch movies and all that milarky on them?
Old 7th October 2009, 13:18   #17
craig180p
Yorkshire

Quote:
Hmmm i might just get one at the weekend. WAs playing some wicked apps on my mates its a quality piece of kit like.
Can you watch movies and all that milarky on them?
Yep you can download films straight from iTunes or watch clips from YouTube. I also have the flixter app which allows you to watch film trailors for all current and recent films on DVD or at the cinema

there is really not much you can't do on it!
Quote:
Old 7th October 2009, 13:34   #18
AJ_SAXO
Established Member
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Mk4 Golf 2.0l GTi
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
AJ_SAXO will become famous soon enough

why dont you get a digital camera and an iphone? then you wont need to use the phone camera...simpleZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DusheR View Post
Dont drink and dial, you miss your pocket when you try and put it back
AJ_SAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 13:41   #19
craig180p
Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_SAXO View Post
why dont you get a digital camera and an iphone? then you wont need to use the phone camera...simpleZ
I like the fact you can take a pic on the iPhone then it gives you the options of what you can do - and as mms, email, upload to facebook etc
Quote:
Old 7th October 2009, 14:11   #20
Connor_scotland
Saxperience Post Whore
Scotland Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_SAXO View Post
I do but I don't carry it about with me all the time.

I use my phone for kodak moments etc etc etc

I am liking the sound of the Iphone