Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 22nd November 2009, 20:13   #21
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '15 Focus ST-2
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

I went into O2 in August: iPhone or Blackberry was my choices and I opted for a Blackberry Curve 8900 and honestly no regrets.

The iPhone maybe better because of 3G, but as Ryan says - touch screens are shit for texting and I hate how the texting is laid out on an iPhone but I suppose it's a personal preference. Love my Blackberry, easy to text, internet is fast enough for my needs and it's just easy to use.

Never had any issues either...
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:23   #22
LittleDude101
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta Zetec S
LittleDude101 is a splendid one to beholdLittleDude101 is a splendid one to beholdLittleDude101 is a splendid one to beholdLittleDude101 is a splendid one to beholdLittleDude101 is a splendid one to beholdLittleDude101 is a splendid one to beholdLittleDude101 is a splendid one to beholdLittleDude101 is a splendid one to behold

i think i want the BB 8530, but its only in USA and Canada
Old 24th November 2009, 11:17   #23
LittleDude101
Established Member
South East Region Member

LittleDude101 is a splendid one to beholdLittleDude101 is a splendid one to beholdLittleDude101 is a splendid one to beholdLittleDude101 is a splendid one to beholdLittleDude101 is a splendid one to beholdLittleDude101 is a splendid one to beholdLittleDude101 is a splendid one to beholdLittleDude101 is a splendid one to behold

does 3G make much difference?, and does anyone know anything about 'Edge'? ive read a couple of reviews and they keep going on about having edge instead of 3g
Old 24th November 2009, 21:47   #24
Luke
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '15 Focus ST-2
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!Luke is absolutely fabulous!

EDGE is good and quick. Mine uses it regularly and I honestly think the internet is quick to say it's not using 3G.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 22:09   #25
kirstyhopkins16
Infrequent Poster
South West Region Member

Car(s): Renault Clio 197
kirstyhopkins16 will become famous soon enough

I currently have a Blackberry Curve 8900 and switching to Iphone 3GS when vodafone has it.

The Blackberry Bold 9700 is the best Blackberry out at the mo, not long been released.

Same size etc as the Curve 8900 but has 3G. Looks a nice phone, was tempted myself but just getting bored with Blackberry, hence getting an Iphone.

Anybody else switched from Blackberry to Iphone............ pro's and con's?
kirstyhopkins16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 09:34   #26
LittleDude101
Established Member
South East Region Member

i like the bold 9700 but cant seem to find any prices for it, handset only or PAYG
Old 25th November 2009, 09:52   #27
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

lol the iphone is not shit for texting, maybe you need to have more accurate fingers.

I regularly type large emails for work using my iphone and its just as easy as my previous keyboard phones.

Not used a blackberry so cant comment but if its using windows mobile OS then i have plenty of experience with that and its dreadful compared to the iphone OS and even compared to a symbian OS.

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 10:59   #28
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

finially someone else agrees about the typing on iphone.

people who are complaining either have fingers shaped like coctail sausages or have no finger eye co-ordination if there is such a thing.
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 11:11   #29
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
finially someone else agrees about the typing on iphone.

people who are complaining either have fingers shaped like coctail sausages or have no finger eye co-ordination if there is such a thing.
Going on my job/s my co ordination and finger controls are fine.

Touch screens just dont work if you are trying to text and pay any attention to something else, such as walking down the street, you cant feel where the buttons/layout is on a touch screen, which is why I often see iphone users bumping into people trying to text because they need 100% attention to the phone.
Old 25th November 2009, 12:13   #30
LittleDude101
Established Member
South East Region Member

now u mention it my mate always stops to txt on his iphone
Old 25th November 2009, 12:23   #31
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDude101 View Post
now u mention it my mate always stops to txt on his iphone
because unless you are almost 100% viewing the screen you are destined for fail. lol.
Old 25th November 2009, 12:29   #32
lewy
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTR 1998
lewy is on a distinguished road

iphone over a blackberry any day. i dont like BB's one bit. not sure fi the new ones run on windows mobile 6.1 or not. if they do, thats awful. such a bad OS.

iphone OS is good and effective. also i find it easy to text on. a lot easier than i thought it would be, being a touch screen and all that. but its VERY responsive and quick to get used to. also has an ipod on it, so you cant go wrong with that can ya! also has plenty of apps for email and such, so imo its in my top 3 of must have gadgets/phones

maybe another phone to look at is the HTC G1. VERY VERY good phone. its also known as the 'googlephone' or 't mobile g1'

G1 has a slide out QWERTY keypad. touch screen, plenty of free apps which are good, email, great for texting, upgradable memory, trackball, wi fi & 3G, fast loading times on internet. another great thing about it.. it uses Android OS. which is such a good OS. highly recommended.

i've got one of those G1's and an iPhone. so imo one of them would be a phone to go for
lewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2009, 12:29   #33
LittleDude101
Established Member
South East Region Member

i think one of the massive downsides of the iphone is the price to get things repaired. end up rolling around a lot of the floor and wrestling with people at work... my mate doesnt bother taking his phone out with him at work in case it gets damaged as to fix it, even with insurance can be pretty damn expensive.

imo, theres no point having a phone dont want to take out, esp at work... if i havent got any radio signal, i may be relying on my phone to get help to me
Old 25th November 2009, 14:24   #34
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Going on my job/s my co ordination and finger controls are fine.

Touch screens just dont work if you are trying to text and pay any attention to something else, such as walking down the street, you cant feel where the buttons/layout is on a touch screen, which is why I often see iphone users bumping into people trying to text because they need 100% attention to the phone.
i can type without looking at the screen if its on landscape mode

but then this is my third touchscreen maybe im used to it.
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote