Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > General Chat...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

General Chat... This forum is for general chit-chat, banter, exchange of information, etc. Pretty much everything goes... within reason!

Old 3rd January 2007, 20:18   #1
Flimbo
Regular Poster
North East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): '98 saxo. '96 mx5 gleneagles
Flimbo will become famous soon enoughFlimbo will become famous soon enough
Default sending films to psp

i've just been looking at some bigger memory cards for my psp, but before i get one, just a couple of questions.

is it possible to save a normal dvd to a memory card or does it have to be a UMD?

and whats this media manager about?
do i need this to transfer info from my psp to pc?

cheers, matt
Old 3rd January 2007, 20:27   #2
rob_s
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): VW CADDY/VX MOKKA
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
rob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team memberrob_s is a well respected team member

id assume it needs to be umd?

and wilst were on the subject of psps (saves makeing another topic) just got a new game (sonic ) but anyway when i put it in it says i need to update before i can play and wont let me play the game?.... how the fuck do i update it? i havent got a usb lead or anything becuase i was a cheap skate n baught the base pack

Mk1 any colour/condition conciderd
rob_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 20:34   #3
saxo_jim
Frequent Poster

Car(s): westcoast
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
saxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to beholdsaxo_jim is a splendid one to behold

i think you need to download a program to convert the dvds to files that are the right size. not sure what the program is though.
saxo_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 20:43   #4
bbewekim
Established Member

Car(s): Black Ibiza fR
bbewekim is just really nicebbewekim is just really nicebbewekim is just really nicebbewekim is just really nicebbewekim is just really nice

The psp appears to be very restricted. The homebrew looks like it makes life a lot easier but im running v3.03 .

File formats are pritty strict anyway, .MP4, .MP3 or WMA (with the newer update versions)

As far as ive found out anyway.

I thought even the base pack would come with a usb lead... They are pritty standard anyway, its the same one as my canon digital camera so im sure you could find one.
bbewekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 20:52   #5
devilsadvocate
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf TDI
devilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud of

Normal DVD format (.Vob files) are normally about 5-10gb in size so you will def need to convert it to .mp4 format. Google the term 'DVD to Mp4' or try 'DVD rippers'. U can get special programs to shrink them to about 250mb but it will affect the quality of the vieo and poss the sound. Although watchin on a PSP should make much difference.

Hope this helps
devilsadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 22:18   #6
Scattle
Saxperience Addict
South East Region Member

Car(s): Megane 225 Cup
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!Scattle is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 106rob View Post
id assume it needs to be umd?

and wilst were on the subject of psps (saves makeing another topic) just got a new game (sonic ) but anyway when i put it in it says i need to update before i can play and wont let me play the game?.... how the fuck do i update it? i havent got a usb lead or anything becuase i was a cheap skate n baught the base pack
If you havn't got a usb lead, if you go settings, then Network update is should allow you to download the latest firmwire for the PSP, but you need a wireless internet connection. Otherwise it wont work, adn you would have to do it wiht a usb cable.
Scattle is offline   Reply With Quote