Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 23rd March 2009, 16:35   #1201
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): French tin can
Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Toad,
are you putting in CF fog inserts?
if so what do you want for the ones you are using at the moment?

Also,
with the leggeras,
is there a noticable difference with them on in comparison to your other sets of wheels?
I am... If you can pick them up (I don't want to be buying packaging and sending them to the post office) you can have them for nothing. They need painting again as they've collected numerous stone chips. Paintstripper and re-spray FTW!

There is a big difference to my race wheels, mainly due to the circumference difference. By using the hefty 205 width, 50 profile r888's, my effective final drive goes from 4.56 to 4.3, which is like my S1 box turning into a 1.4 XSI box. Also, they are 2.5kg lighter per corner (with tyres on) so that makes a difference too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax-oli View Post
and that his dealings even stretch as far as Brazil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
All we know is that he's called the Toad!
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:39   #1202
FinchysSaxo
Established Member
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Megane F1 R26 Liquid Yellow
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
FinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really nice

Toad il post them for you when im back if you want lol i know your scared of the old ladies at the post office
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:51   #1203
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

I got yelled at the last time I went there. I'm metally scarred now...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:54   #1204
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): LY R26
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

Well please get finch to post them to me, and Ill paypal your postage and a cheeky "pint" money.

How do the leggeras compare to your turini's with road tyres to be more precise....
as I dont wanna buy Leggera's and notice nothing.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:58   #1205
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

FinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really nice

hahaha to be fair last time i went to post ebay parcels for work i was stuck in a que for a hour and its a tiny post office!

Wont be till like the 5th karl, might be able to run them down to you as i got to sort of go near you that week, thats if Toad has fitted his carbon 1's
Old 23rd March 2009, 17:01   #1206
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!

Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

That would be awesome man,
I wants some. My car needs weight loss after the impressive bhp per tonne of Toads Ive seen.
Old 23rd March 2009, 17:03   #1207
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

what alloys you got on atm?
Old 23rd March 2009, 17:07   #1208
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Well please get finch to post them to me, and Ill paypal your postage and a cheeky "pint" money.

How do the leggeras compare to your turini's with road tyres to be more precise....
as I dont wanna buy Leggera's and notice nothing.
Leave the postage with me, but they're not coming off right this moment... Consider them yours though.

The stats in 15":

Speedline Turini - Weight = 8.1kg Width = 6.5"

Superleggera - Weight = 4.9kg Width = 7"

So performance, there's a big difference.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 23rd March 2009, 17:09   #1209
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!

Gah! thats a huge difference.....
fook me, I was going to buy a carbon bonnet and some aero catches. Now look what you've done!

Your car has grown on me so so much since i bought a 106...Must make mine more and more like yours!
Old 23rd March 2009, 17:21   #1210
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Gah! thats a huge difference.....
fook me, I was going to buy a carbon bonnet and some aero catches. Now look what you've done!

Your car has grown on me so so much since i bought a 106...Must make mine more and more like yours!
No don't! Your's is stunning!

If you get a set of Leggera's, then use them for the track. Whatever you do, don't sell the Turini's, they look so smart, perfect road / show wheels!

Before you think any further, and this is purely my own opinion, you must decide what you want from the car! Are you building a race car, or do you want a show car? If you get stuck somewhere in between those 2 choices, you're in a world of pain, and compromise will be a bastard. So work out what you want, and then go from there.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 23rd March 2009, 20:39   #1211
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroybrown View Post
its a 106...not some superleggra Lambo...I mean come on mine there has to be point where it all stops, next you will be telling me removing the doors will help lol.
An improvement of the handling from reducing unsprung weight can make the car more fun to drive.

Come on lee I thought you would know this
Old 23rd March 2009, 20:42   #1212
leeroybrown
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Clio Trophy 025/500
leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!leeroybrown is absolutely fabulous!

Just think there is loosing weight and then there is just going stupid..

Toad - Do you use another car?
leeroybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 20:43   #1213
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
The unsprung weight on the suspension is more important to reduce than the overall weight of the car many people feel. Hence why people hunt for lightweight wheel/brake set ups.
Old 23rd March 2009, 20:47   #1214
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 gti/ SEAT LCR
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

just look at the best drivers cars in the world, cateham csr/ferrari f40/porsche gt3 rs they all have one thing in common...

there is a reason ferrari went to a lot of trouble to use carbon fibre instead of another material and lighter wheels instead of some that easy to manufacture.
to make a fun/fast car weight is not what you want.
Old 24th March 2009, 00:22   #1215
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:

Toad - Do you use another car?
This is my only car. I don't use it for owt else... Thinking of getting another car anyhow. It will give me more time to work on the 106.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 24th March 2009, 11:04   #1216
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

Loving that Toad, you've put alot of money into the car - now its time to get it out on track and enjoy it / use it what its been built for!!

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 13:17   #1217
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsaxo View Post
Loving that Toad, you've put alot of money into the car - now its time to get it out on track and enjoy it / use it what its been built for!!
Damn skippy!!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 24th March 2009, 15:19   #1218
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

Toad whats the code of your gearbox mate, do you know?
Old 24th March 2009, 15:26   #1219
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

It's been that long, I've forgotten I'm afraid mate. Sorry.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 24th March 2009, 15:29   #1220
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

lol thats ok mate, im about to buy a 1.4xsi one good times, plus bonnet will be at mine wednesday evening