Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 1st June 2006, 20:46   #1
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Anyone who has met me has always commented on my rather splendid bulky muscular appearance...

Anyway, i'm getting to the point where the first block is now too easy to lift, however when i start pushing/pulling/backhanding the the next setting it feels wwwway too hard and open cant do my usual 3 sets 10 reps.

Whats best to start the progression... less sets? less reps? other ideas?

cheers!
ad
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2006, 20:50   #2
Mitchell
Saxperience Post Whore

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!Mitchell is absolutely fabulous!

you dont have to hit 10 reps, just do what u can, or do what u can then do the rest with a lighter wait to finish the set.
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 19:21   #3
WestyVTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): saxo VTR, Clio 1.2 turbo, prious, Kawasaki 363 nin
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
WestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of light

super setting is a great way to increase strenght using various weights/resistance. So is piramid training....

WestyVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 22:13   #4
platty
Established Member
North West Region Member

Car(s): RS 182
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
platty is just really niceplatty is just really niceplatty is just really niceplatty is just really nice

as above, do you normal sets but a few with the higher weight. im jumping between weights at the moment from 10 - 15 and find that 1 set of 15's followed by 2 sets of 10's is ideal. From their i can use progression to adapt my training to maybe 2 sets of the higher weights then hopefully advance to the higher weight.

CLIOPERIENCE!!!!!!
platty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 22:20   #5
Tony_Jay86
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.1 Desire :(
Tony_Jay86 will become famous soon enoughTony_Jay86 will become famous soon enough

How much weight are you pulling?

I used to bench press 40kg, 5 sets of 5 reps, but i gave up because it got to easy & was spending to much on heavier weights.
Tony_Jay86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2006, 22:26   #6
platty
Established Member
North West Region Member

platty is just really niceplatty is just really niceplatty is just really niceplatty is just really nice

im on 50kg bench press, but really shouldnt as im only 16 not good for me but its very adictive

CLIOPERIENCE!!!!!!
Old 2nd June 2006, 22:28   #7
Tony_Jay86
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Tony_Jay86 will become famous soon enoughTony_Jay86 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by platty1812
im on 50kg bench press, but really shouldnt as im only 16 not good for me but its very adictive
It sure is, specially when your taking whey protein & creatine at the same time, used to love them.

I had some really creamy strawberry flavoured whey protein by waider (sp).

I got onto 50kg, but i couldnt do 5 sets of 5 reps
Old 2nd June 2006, 22:30   #8
Tony_Jay86
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Hopefully iam going to get back on the weights, but i need space for my bench, there just isnt enough room in the house anymore, hence why its in the loft in pieces.
Old 2nd June 2006, 22:33   #9
platty
Established Member
North West Region Member

i havnt dared go onto 5 reps yet not till im abit older, but i usually do 3 sets of 10 reps. yeh id love some equipment at home would save the 20 odd quid a month you pay for at the gym

CLIOPERIENCE!!!!!!
Old 2nd June 2006, 22:41   #10
Tony_Jay86
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

I'd rather go to the gym me, atleast you arnt in your home looking at the 4 walls all the time.

Problem is, theres hell of alot of sted heads around here & if you give them the wrong look, they will slash you.

The gym i'd like to go to looks nice, none of this back street gym sort of thing, but i think it costs a fair bit.

I could join up a super complex of a gym, but think its something like £1k a year, if not more, all the burnley players go there.
Old 2nd June 2006, 22:45   #11
platty
Established Member
North West Region Member

look in my new post, i go total fitness and think its excellent, very big with everything you could want. Only 23 quid a month for me but its an effort as it includes a good 2mile bike ride until i get the sax!

CLIOPERIENCE!!!!!!
Old 3rd June 2006, 16:34   #12
WestyVTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

WestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestyVTR
super setting is a great way to increase strenght using various weights/resistance. So is piramid training....
your training needs to be structured! if the weights your lifting r feeling to light you need to change your F.I.T.T of training, ( Frequenct Intensity Time or Type )

Its no good just randomly picking weights that you feel are right!

as said previously super setting or piramid training is good to help you. This is changing the "Type" of training your doing.

Old 3rd June 2006, 22:11   #13
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

im shit on the bench i can only do 70kg, which i should be doing more, but i never really go on it

might have another crack on it, i used to go on it a bit and could do 85 but im just shit at it now lol
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2006, 22:32   #14
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

geniuinely... whats a bench press?
Old 4th June 2006, 02:31   #15
ChrisJ
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Saxo furio
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
ChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to beholdChrisJ is a splendid one to behold

bench press
Old 4th June 2006, 04:40   #16
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONESY_05
sorted.

I've never done one before but i reckon i can comfortably do about 20kg.
Old 5th June 2006, 00:56   #17
Tony_Jay86
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yate5y
im shit on the bench i can only do 70kg, which i should be doing more, but i never really go on it

might have another crack on it, i used to go on it a bit and could do 85 but im just shit at it now lol
Kin hell mate, anymore & you'll be able to bench press me
Old 5th June 2006, 11:46   #18
WestyVTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

the usual saying is big bench = bad back!!

its all in relation to body weight remember

Old 6th June 2006, 15:47   #19
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

at the moment i can bench my own weight which is just over 70k, which i think is a good result

i wouldnt ever try and go much heavier as i dont go on it much, may start using it more over the summer
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2006, 16:21   #20
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!

not really a free weight fan to be honest which will explain why im so shite at it.