Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Mobile Phones / Devices
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Old 27th April 2011, 20:51   #1
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!
Default White iPhone 4 releases tomorrow

If anyone cares.

I'll stick to my 3GS for now

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 21:17   #2
BertieG
Established Member

Car(s): Clio 172
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
BertieG is on a distinguished road

isnt iphone 5 due this summer?
BertieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 21:24   #3
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Latest rumours are announcement in June, production September. Nothing close to concrete yet

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 22:38   #4
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

I've held off the 4, with skipping that generation and getting the iphone5 instead.
But I've played with a Desire HD and lads I'm seriously tempted to go to the darkside. I've had enough of Apple and their slimy ways.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2011, 01:00   #5
Brenz
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Desire 1.1
Brenz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
I've held off the 4, with skipping that generation and getting the iphone5 instead.
But I've played with a Desire HD and lads I'm seriously tempted to go to the darkside. I've had enough of Apple and their slimy ways.
Been looking at some Android phones myself but I have decided to hold out till Google finish sorting out the fragmentation mess but till then looking at the iPhone 5. Still stuck with a 3G and its getting real slow now.
Brenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2011, 13:56   #6
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Isnt the one thats getting released later this year just like a 4S? abit updated, but nothing majorly new.. Iv been told it has the ipad 2 processor in, and not an 8MP camera, and thats abit all thats changing in the one coming out?

I cant see apple whipping out a whole new design in a year.. Im expecting next summer time there will be a whole new phone out, but i cant see it this summer..

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2011, 15:22   #7
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): MCS R53 S/C 16v furiooo
mlawlan69 is on a distinguished road

android over apple ANY DAY of the week.

cant believe how locked down apple have their devices.

i also hate the fact that they release a new one every six month or so, with hardly any change and whack on a premium
mlawlan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2011, 15:55   #8
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlawlan69 View Post
android over apple ANY DAY of the week.

cant believe how locked down apple have their devices.

i also hate the fact that they release a new one every six month or so, with hardly any change and whack on a premium
Hardly.. I mean its not hard to Jailbreak the phone, then you pretty much unlock anything and everything you could ever want to do on it...

The IP 4 Retna display is awesome, we have a massive appstore, and apple have a nack of adding things that are old, and making them seem brand new, because they make it such an easy thing to do, like facetime and whatnot..

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2011, 15:59   #9
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Wow didnt take long for someone to come and troll the thread.

adsayer i hear what your saying, after messing around with some android programming i am tempted to get a android.

I just hope if i do i dont turn into a retard like "mlawlan69" defending android like its my child lol.
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2011, 00:53   #10
SAXO8VYO
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo furio - X312HBK Peugeot 206GTI -J44KBX
SAXO8VYO is on a distinguished road

i thinks its shit the way apple is making the money by holding out and not giving it all in one package with all updated softwear for free ect ect when there is plenty of phones adroid phones , blackberrys that let them update for free and get lastest softwear for free
SAXO8VYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2011, 01:01   #11
vtr02
Frequent Poster
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 04 mini cooper s
vtr02 is on a distinguished road

imo i think apple most probably could have released the white iPhone earlier (say December/January) but once again they have turned a bad situation positive as they have extended the life of the iPhone 4, even if there were people waiting to upgrade to a 5.. they know there is people out there that will give in and upgrade now just to have a white 4, and also it has deflected from the antenna 'issue',
Old 30th April 2011, 01:18   #12
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
Wow didnt take long for someone to come and troll the thread.

adsayer i hear what your saying, after messing around with some android programming i am tempted to get a android.

I just hope if i do i dont turn into a retard like "mlawlan69" defending android like its my child lol.
so im now a retard? and im a troll? hypocrite or what lol

i dont even have an android lmfao.

i have a samsung tocco lite, as it's a PHONE! you know, to make telePHONE calls on.

i dont feel the need to have a mobiledoallathon.

im only saying i have experience with both devices, ( i used to have a HTC) and the software is much better to use, and JB an iphone whilst an opportunity is something most haven't even heard of !!!

out of the box, as is, an android device is a better product IMO.
Old 30th April 2011, 02:59   #13
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Quote:
y:
hypocrite: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings.

Where did i do this?

Wont even comment on the rest of your post as there is no fact just random shit.
Old 30th April 2011, 19:36   #14
smittytom
Established Member

Car(s): 1)Posi Blue Westie 2)172
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
smittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud ofsmittytom has much to be proud of

Quote:

i have a samsung tocco lite, as it's a PHONE! you know, to make telePHONE calls on.

im only saying i have experience with both devices, ( i used to have a HTC) and the software is much better to use, and JB an iphone whilst an opportunity is something most haven't even heard of !!!

It depends on what you call better really?
Have you ever seen an old person with an android phone?
I have seen plenty of older people with iOS devices.
smittytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2011, 20:47   #15
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

iPhone 4 is by far the best phone i've ever owned. (had a play on a BB / HTC, but werent to my liking)

would love a white one to be cool

i've only ever had one problem with my phone, the home button was playing up a bit. walked into apple and within 10 mins i was walking back out with a brand new one! their customer service is 100x better than any phone company out there.

and i dont get why people moan about apples, my software has never messed up, neither has my calls ever cut out and i always hold my phone in my left hand
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2011, 21:13   #16
Tontsy
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberScotland Region Member

Car(s): Audi
Tontsy is on a distinguished road

i had a play on on a htc, PLAY and ARC today...and as good as they were.

it would be foolish not go for the iphone 5 when it comes out.
Tontsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2011, 21:25   #17
mlawlan69
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz_pro View Post
hypocrite: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings.

Where did i do this?

Wont even comment on the rest of your post as there is no fact just random shit.
the iphone is used by arse licking suit's

now there's a fact

and you are called me a troll and a retard, and yet until now i had not actually trolled. so yeah, hypocritical considering it was YOU baiting me.
Old 30th April 2011, 21:33   #18
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Quote:
the iphone is used by arse licking suit's

now there's a fact

and you are called me a troll and a retard, and yet until now i had not actually trolled. so yeah, hypocritical considering it was YOU baiting me.
You are trolling right now?

Also you are obviously retarded if that is your idea of a "fact".
Old 30th April 2011, 23:57   #19
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
If anyone cares.

Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manu For This Useful Post:
Old 5th May 2011, 21:49   #20
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:

The software is better on an android? Are you having a laugh!? They are awful, slow and crashes all the time. My mate had a 3GS then changed to a htc desire and has wished he never did ever since. When I've used the android software it seems very unresponsive and definitely no where near as smooth as the apple software. Battery seems to be terrible on the majority of android phones (my friends experience) as well!

According to the latest rumours a 4gs type upgrade in September followed by a big hardware update early in 2012

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote