Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 6th August 2008, 21:14   #161
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

What sub you gonna be using to get 147db from a single 12"?

Tbh, i dont think that is do-able! You're gonna end up spending a hell of a lot of money to do that, when you could have mulitple subs which will get you over 150db's for cheaper. Granted you may not do as well in the competitions, but you will be louder for less money!

You thought about adding 2 more hifonics subs, and doubling up on the power? I think it would be safe to say you gain another 6-7db's by doing that, and it wont cost you much more. Just 2 more subs, 1 more amp and possibly a second battery! 150db's is definitely possible with 4 of those in a good box, tuned to like 45hz!
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 11:19   #162
webby
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
webby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
What sub you gonna be using to get 147db from a single 12"?

Tbh, i dont think that is do-able! You're gonna end up spending a hell of a lot of money to do that, when you could have mulitple subs which will get you over 150db's for cheaper. Granted you may not do as well in the competitions, but you will be louder for less money!

You thought about adding 2 more hifonics subs, and doubling up on the power? I think it would be safe to say you gain another 6-7db's by doing that, and it wont cost you much more. Just 2 more subs, 1 more amp and possibly a second battery! 150db's is definitely possible with 4 of those in a good box, tuned to like 45hz!

maybe a 147 is a bit on the high side. a guy on ta is running a DD off alot more more power than i could be giving. i heard it at the weekend and he was tested at 148.4.

i feel a 145 is do-able with a single 12" and i want to try and stick within the street A rules.

as the question 'should i wall it' comes into play if i have to get rid of the back seats.
webby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 11:36   #163
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Was that on the termlab??
Old 7th August 2008, 11:48   #164
webby
Established Member

webby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of lightwebby is a glorious beacon of light

yeah on the tl
Old 7th August 2008, 11:54   #165
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

148 from a single 12" is a mega score! I find it hard to believe tbh! What car was it? A panda or something?
Old 7th August 2008, 11:57   #166
webby
Established Member

it is wonky jon from ta in a fiat bravo

he is running a dd 9012 with 3kw

Last edited by webby; 7th August 2008 at 12:27.
Old 7th August 2008, 14:23   #167
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): saxo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
liam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to behold

to get a 148 it must be tuned very high how did it sound with music?
liam_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2008, 15:03   #168
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam_b View Post
to get a 148 it must be tuned very high how did it sound with music?
I think i can guess...
Old 7th August 2008, 15:16   #169
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

liam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to beholdliam_b is a splendid one to behold

lol this lad the other night as showing off his install i asked him what its tuned to he sed 90 i was ummm ok getting my car retested tonight hoping i gain 2db on my pd score
Old 7th August 2008, 15:19   #170
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
lol this lad the other night as showing off his install i asked him what its tuned to he sed 90 i was ummm ok getting my car retested tonight hoping i gain 2db on my pd score
90? Lol

He obviously didnt have a clue what you were chatting on about!

Where you getting it tested mate?
Old 7th August 2008, 15:25   #171
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

yh 90hz his is a goon only other thing he could say was its 1000watts i sed whats the rms he sed errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 1000 max i just walked away lol

a lad i no has a termlab he normaly brings it to the cruises shows ect
Old 7th August 2008, 15:28   #172
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
yh 90hz his is a goon only other thing he could say was its 1000watts i sed whats the rms he sed errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 1000 max i just walked away lol

a lad i no has a termlab he normaly brings it to the cruises shows ect
You know they are twats when they just quote the max figures! Lol

Wish i knew someone with a termlab!
Old 7th August 2008, 15:33   #173
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

get signed up to http://www.streetbassers.co.uk/forum/ theres normal a meet going on where some one takes there termlab i was thinking about getting a epic for my car but there pretty out compared to the termlab
Old 7th August 2008, 15:38   #174
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
get signed up to http://www.streetbassers.co.uk/forum/ theres normal a meet going on where some one takes there termlab i was thinking about getting a epic for my car but there pretty out compared to the termlab
Sweet! Cheers mate! It seems like a pretty quiet forum, but if i can find someone with testing gear near me that would be great!
Old 8th August 2008, 10:08   #175
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

well had a laugh last night blow one sub up my old pioneer spider came off the cone so kept on hitting back plate.

143 db out of my 2 jbl setup so 2 dbs up from just a new headunit

140 db from just one jbl but that was on the back seat in the 3.5 cbft box tuned to 27hz going to put that in my mates 106 and see what we can get out of it should be louder in the boot

il post up the rest of my scores later when i get them from street bassers
Old 8th August 2008, 11:08   #176
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
well had a laugh last night blow one sub up my old pioneer spider came off the cone so kept on hitting back plate.

143 db out of my 2 jbl setup so 2 dbs up from just a new headunit

140 db from just one jbl but that was on the back seat in the 3.5 cbft box tuned to 27hz going to put that in my mates 106 and see what we can get out of it should be louder in the boot

il post up the rest of my scores later when i get them from street bassers
Were those scores on music, or test tones?
Old 8th August 2008, 11:17   #177
webby
Established Member

the bravo is tuned 2 47 hz it doesnt sound to bad on music. those scores are looking good liam
Old 8th August 2008, 12:47   #178
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
Were those scores on music, or test tones?
tests tones got 141.5 on db drag
Old 8th August 2008, 13:03   #179
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
tests tones got 141.5 on db drag
What frequency? About 40hz?
Old 8th August 2008, 14:45   #180
liam_b
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

cant remember but think it was around 45 hz