Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 28th June 2008, 17:30   #41
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

lol i knew youd have a nice little giggle at that.. rear splitter tops ot off tbh

i looked on the link he posted. all his mates cars looks a little chavved up, especially "raceylacey" who has 4 fusion 6x9s and a fusion sub amp, in an old banger of a corsaB
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008, 17:32   #42
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_boy88 View Post
ok, i dont want to sound like a co*k but i want someting abit flashy tbh, i was going to reverse mount one of them. this wouldnt make a difference to the sound would it. what would you recomend? price aint an issue
dont reverse mount.. if im correct the voice coils of the sub need to be in the enclosure for it to work effectively.. otherwise it would then be a "free-air sub"? not 100% so wait for coonper to say

audio is about sound, not looks

so you want 2 subs and an amp? price aint an issue? so i could reccommend a set up for £3000?
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 28th June 2008, 17:33   #43
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
ok, i dont want to sound like a co*k but i want someting abit flashy tbh, i was going to reverse mount one of them. this wouldnt make a difference to the sound would it. what would you recomend? price aint an issue
In that case audioban should be top of your list with the flame covered magnets!

Inverting them is ok, but you must use a sealed enclosure. Also, when inverting a sub you are in effect increasing the box size as there is no driver displacement to cater for.
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008, 17:35   #44
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
In that case audioban should be top of your list with the flame covered magnets!

Inverting them is ok, but you must use a sealed enclosure. Also, when inverting a sub you are in effect increasing the box size as there is no driver displacement to cater for.
id still go for non inverted subs tbh..

well i will be when my jbl amp gets here
Quote:
Old 28th June 2008, 17:39   #45
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Yes, well obviously a sub is supposed to have an enclosure behind it, so inverting them isnt ideal, but it works and they do look kinda cool! Lol

Ive only ever heard one inverted sub and it was a vibe bs3. It sounded okay, but was a little boomy and lacked any real quality. It did look cool though, and you could see the motor woking!
Old 28th June 2008, 17:41   #46
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post
Yes, well obviously a sub is supposed to have an enclosure behind it, so inverting them isnt ideal, but it works and they do look kinda cool! Lol

Ive only ever heard one inverted sub and it was a vibe bs3. It sounded okay, but was a little boomy and lacked any real quality. It did look cool though, and you could see the motor woking!
my mates audiobahns are inverted.. they sound gash tbh lol

allthough, yes the flames add a nice edge to it
Quote:
Old 28th June 2008, 17:43   #47
richie_boy88
Regular Poster

Car(s): mk1 saxo 1.1i SX
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
richie_boy88 will become famous soon enough

3000 is a bit pricey, thought about 800 would do lmao can you tell im a noob! i was told rockford foscate was good, are these any good? ALPINE SWR-1222D: Car Audio TYPE-R SUBWOOFER
richie_boy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2008, 17:45   #48
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Do it i say mate! As long as you're not after award winning bass, or stunning quality it will be good! You will still have more than enough bass and it will sound (& look) loads better than stock!

Arse out ftw! "Be a shade braver"
Old 28th June 2008, 17:48   #49
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

lol.. well id reccomend the jbl amp i have to anyone tbh.. bargain

*admits it was coonper who made me see the light*

and then just for the subs
Quote:
Old 28th June 2008, 17:49   #50
richie_boy88
Regular Poster

well its not a show winner lol but i want nice cris bass and i want it to look good, it dont have to burst my ear drums
Old 28th June 2008, 17:50   #51
richie_boy88
Regular Poster

which model jbl amp?
Old 28th June 2008, 17:53   #52
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=230263550300

it gives you a nice ammount of set up possilities too

im having one dual2ohm sub which will be given 787watts at 4ohms by that amp

however could decide to add another dual2ohm sub which will be powerd by 1100watts at 2ohms
Quote:
Old 28th June 2008, 17:54   #53
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
which model jbl amp?
Be VERY quick!!
Old 28th June 2008, 17:56   #54
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

This any good to ya mate?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JBL-Audiobahn-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 28th June 2008, 17:57   #55
richie_boy88
Regular Poster

ahhhh thats hot lol run two subs at 800w, i just need to find 2 decent subs now. rep given for the link m8
Old 28th June 2008, 17:58   #56
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
ahhhh thats hot lol run two subs at 800w, i just need to find 2 decent subs now. rep given for the link m8
no worries.. that company actually stopped selling them.. however they were at such a bargain price i emailed him and ask if he could get hold of one for me

he put 4 up on ebay, i snapped one up as soon as he let me know they were there.. be quick mate.. youll never find a bargain like that again imo!
Quote:
Old 28th June 2008, 17:59   #57
richie_boy88
Regular Poster

lol thats a cany boot build, il haveto watch that. im lovin that jbl amp tho
Old 28th June 2008, 18:00   #58
richie_boy88
Regular Poster

i mite just snatch one!!
Old 28th June 2008, 18:00   #59
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

The JBL amp really is the cheapest way to over 1kw i can think of!!

Unless of coarse you go second hand.
Old 28th June 2008, 18:01   #60
richie_boy88
Regular Poster

yeah it is a beast!