Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 28th July 2008, 20:59   #1
tazz
Infrequent Poster

tazz is on a distinguished road
Default component help

hi ive done my research and am getting the 2 Pioneer TS-W307D2C and a jbl gto 1201 amp. for the comps im getting a Pioneer GM-5300T just wanted to know wot comp should i get to run thanks
tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 21:18   #2
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

pioneer comps? bad choice imo.. a lot better for the money.. the mainstream brands arent as good as you may think

also, wouldnt have personally gone for that sub.. it wont have any sound quality atall.. will be just noise

as for the jbl gto 1201.1 amp: bloody good choice mate got one my self (see avatar) very good value, paid £100 for mine!

whats your budget for comps? im sure you can get better for the cash
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 21:23   #3
CSVTR
Regular Poster

Car(s): '01 1.8T Audi S3
CSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team member

What prices are you getting each bit of kit for? I personally wouldn't choose Pioneer equipment unless the prices are very cheap.

If you've already bought the gear then there's nothing you can do, but if not there may be some better recommendations for the money.

. Protect your ICE! - Join... ICE Register.
. . For ICE advice visit the Talk Audio Forums.
CSVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 21:25   #4
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Lupo GTI
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Yes, i also agree with the above.

There is much better than those subs, and also, you will be underpowering them quite a bit with a 1201.1 amp. You're gonna be looking at about 500rms each, and they're rated at double that!

For components, the likes of hertz, spl-dynamics, focal, dls etc are all reputable brands, and you'd do well to beat them imo.
Coonper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 21:28   #5
tazz
Infrequent Poster

thanks for the quick replys i havent bought anything yet was going to buy this deal http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...00_p-21386.htm and use the amp to power some comps
Old 28th July 2008, 21:30   #6
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonper View Post

There is much better than those subs, and also, you will be underpowering them quite a bit with a 1201.1 amp. You're gonna be looking at about 500rms each, and they're rated at double that!
didnt see he wanted 2 of those subs

for that reason. what coonper says is correct.. theyd have to be wired at 1ohm, which will give 600wrms each. will be underpowering them by 400wrms each

the fact that theyd have to be at 1ohm will put strain on your cars electrical system. obv this can be helped by upgrading wires, battery, alternator etc.. but thats more un-needed money imo.
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Old 28th July 2008, 21:32   #7
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
thanks for the quick replys i havent bought anything yet was going to buy this deal http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...00_p-21386.htm and use the amp to power some comps
buying deals isnt a good idea imo

they give you crappy boxes and wiring.. for anything over £150 id be buying seperates.. it will increase what you spend but youll get better matched equiptment

whats your budget for sub and amp?

and whats your budget for comps and an amp?

also, what are you after.. pure SPL (lots of bass) or SQ (not as loud, but high quality, still kicks out the low notes though)
Quote:
Old 28th July 2008, 21:34   #8
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

also, ive got one of those subs.. im planning to upgrade soon. not a major fan of it tbh. distorts on quite a few different notes
Quote:
Old 28th July 2008, 21:37   #9
tazz
Infrequent Poster

i wanted to spend abt 150 to200 on amp and subs and ant 150 for amp and comp i was also looking at these subs http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=011 but not sure if they would be too overpowered by the jbl 1201
Old 28th July 2008, 21:37   #10
CSVTR
Regular Poster

CSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team memberCSVTR is a well respected team member

Quote:
Quote:
for that reason. what coonper says is correct.. theyd have to be wired at 1ohm, which will give 600wrms each. will be underpowering them by 400wrms each
The subs are the smaller version Pioneers, they're only rated at 400, not 1kw. Also i'm guessing you mean 2ohm rather than 1ohm.

Old 28th July 2008, 21:38   #11
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSVTR View Post
The subs are the smaller version Pioneers, they're only rated at 400, not 1kw. Also i'm guessing you mean 2ohm rather than 1ohm.
yeah i thought he meant the 1000wrms version which is wired at dual 4ohm. so 2 of them will create a 1ohm circuit?
Quote:
Old 28th July 2008, 21:42   #12
CSVTR
Regular Poster

To be honest the Pioneer subs would run fine off the 1201, but as said there are better subs for the money. Why 2 subs over 1, any specific reason or is just because that was the package?

Old 28th July 2008, 21:43   #13
tazz
Infrequent Poster

would it be best to get the 2 JBL GT4-12 and use the jb1201 amp but not sure if the subs would be able to handle the power?
Old 28th July 2008, 21:44   #14
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
would it be best to get the 2 JBL GT4-12 and use the jb1201 amp but not sure if the subs would be able to handle the power?
budget needed.. allthough the jbl amps may be good, you can get better for a little more money

also, whats your budget for components and amp? as this is the main topic of the thread lol
Quote:
Old 28th July 2008, 21:44   #15
tazz
Infrequent Poster

i want two subs as i would want to build a boot build and it was designed with 2 subs
Old 28th July 2008, 21:45   #16
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!Coonper is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
i wanted to spend abt 150 to200 on amp and subs and ant 150 for amp and comp i was also looking at these subs http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=011 but not sure if they would be too overpowered by the jbl 1201
Those are great subs for the money mate, but like you say, 550rms for each sub is lot, when they're only rated at 250rms.

Saying that, i know a lad who ran 800rms into one of these and its still going strong! Gets a bit smelly when its loud, but what do you expect?!?!

Pretty good combo imo and in a good box they'll go loud enough to keep you smiling!
Old 28th July 2008, 21:45   #17
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
i want two subs as i would want to build a boot build and it was designed with 2 subs
audio is about sound, not looks but im sure we could reccomend 2 subs

lol, as above, budget?
Quote:
Old 28th July 2008, 21:46   #18
tazz
Infrequent Poster

lol yh i thought i was set to get the pioneer subs lol was thnkin abt the hertz comp nt sure of the link but have heard good things abt the comp but nt sure on amp for that
Old 28th July 2008, 21:48   #19
Coonper
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
lol yh i thought i was set to get the pioneer subs lol was thnkin abt the hertz comp nt sure of the link but have heard good things abt the comp but nt sure on amp for that
Hertz 130 comps (£70)
JBL 75.2, 2 channel amp (£60)
2 x GT4's (£50)
JBL 1201.1 amp (£150)
4 gauge (or bigger) wiring (£30-£40)

Thats what you want mate!
Old 28th July 2008, 21:50   #20
tazz
Infrequent Poster

that sound perfect lol but wudnt da subs blow as they would be overpowered alott