Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 30th September 2014, 15:07   #1
Matto93

Car(s): Saxo Furio 1.4 2001
Matto93 is on a distinguished road
Default Vibration on saxo

hi guys

this is my first post so bare with me...

my 2001 furio saxo is vibrating quite badly. a few months ago i had to replace the drivers side engine mount as the bolt snapped, i did this fine but its still vibrating. i replaced the bolt however it is a little shorter than the orginal would this make the car vibrate? all the mount bolts and nuts are nice and tight. the gearbox mount looks fine (under the car near the exhaust, am i right??!) and so does the one under the battery. am i missing a mount somewhere? alignment tracking balancing is all fine as i have had it done.
the vibrating starts a little over 1000 revs at stand still. when driving around the same, then really bad at 2000 revs. however when it gets higher say 3500 its gets less noticeable. i can hear/feel the vibration coming from the drivers side near the mount.
my saxo isnt in to bad condition, 82,000 miles, no mods to engine, suspension or exhuast accept a new mid pipe, which is fitted correctly i believe. the ride is a little stiff but that's it, which i think might be work out shock absorbs. hasn't been lowered, only mods are a new sony head unit and some cosmetic stuff.
the vibration is really starting to drive me insane...
any help on this would be amazing!
Matto93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2014, 15:12   #2
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Under the battery tray is another gearbox mount,so in total 1 engine mount & 2 gearbox mounts.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 11:27   #3
Matto93

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo67 View Post
Under the battery tray is another gearbox mount,so in total 1 engine mount & 2 gearbox mounts.
so could this mount under the battery be dead? as the noise/vibrating sounds and feels like it is coming from the drivers side one...
Old 1st October 2014, 11:58   #4
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matto93 View Post
so could this mount under the battery be dead? as the noise/vibrating sounds and feels like it is coming from the drivers side one...
Yes but you won't know until you check mate.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 15:07   #5
AntscVTR
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 99 VTS
AntscVTR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matto93 View Post
hi guys

this is my first post so bare with me...

my 2001 furio saxo is vibrating quite badly. a few months ago i had to replace the drivers side engine mount as the bolt snapped, i did this fine but its still vibrating. i replaced the bolt however it is a little shorter than the orginal would this make the car vibrate? all the mount bolts and nuts are nice and tight. the gearbox mount looks fine (under the car near the exhaust, am i right??!) and so does the one under the battery. am i missing a mount somewhere? alignment tracking balancing is all fine as i have had it done.
the vibrating starts a little over 1000 revs at stand still. when driving around the same, then really bad at 2000 revs. however when it gets higher say 3500 its gets less noticeable. i can hear/feel the vibration coming from the drivers side near the mount.
my saxo isnt in to bad condition, 82,000 miles, no mods to engine, suspension or exhuast accept a new mid pipe, which is fitted correctly i believe. the ride is a little stiff but that's it, which i think might be work out shock absorbs. hasn't been lowered, only mods are a new sony head unit and some cosmetic stuff.
the vibration is really starting to drive me insane...
any help on this would be amazing!
Change your mounts as Stevo said and check your gear linkages aren't making contact with anything like the exhaust or firewall.
AntscVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 11:06   #6
Matto93

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo67 View Post
Yes but you won't know until you check mate.
So I took out the drivers side engine mount (damper) and it stopped vibrating ... I Must of been sent a dodgy replacement off eBay, I'm going to replace this then look at the rest