Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 28th February 2017, 17:39   #21
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo vtr turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
gti180craig has a spectacular aura aboutgti180craig has a spectacular aura about

Well done mate they were definitely shot lol has the knocking gone ???
gti180craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 18:47   #22
BackSheep
L-plater

Car(s): Saxo VTR 1.6 8v
BackSheep is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gti180craig View Post
Well done mate they were definitely shot lol has the knocking gone ???
Ah completely forgot to update on that - was a completely amateur mistake on my part, I forgot to tighten the nuts on top of the strut bearings. A friend got their air impact wrench on it though
BackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2017, 19:07   #23
gti180craig
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo vtr turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
gti180craig has a spectacular aura aboutgti180craig has a spectacular aura about

Haha ahh well least it was a cheap fix Haha
gti180craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017, 23:29   #24
BackSheep
L-plater

Been quite a while since I've been on, and not much progress unfortunately - was toying with the idea of getting a new car there for a while, but have decided to try and keep my Saxo as 'fresh' as possible!

Anyway, this is mostly going to be a text only update...

Since my last posts, she's had her MOT. Failed first of all:
Reason(s) for failure
Rear Brake pad(s) less than 1.5 mm thick (3.5.1g)
Nearside Front Tyre tread depth below requirements of 1.6mm (4.1.E.1)
Nearside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded Inner wheel arch (2.4.A.3)
Nearside Headlamp aim beam image obviously incorrect (1.8.A.1b)
Offside Headlamp aim beam image obviously incorrect (1.8.A.1b)
Exhaust emissions Lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits (7.3.D.3)
Advisory notice item(s)
Offside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)

The garage quoted around £200-250 (excluding tyres) so was happy to leave it with them to put it through it's MOT. Had some brake pads waiting to go on anyway so just got them to fit them with the rest of the work. All in all, not too bad.
That said, I can't see any new welded metal in the wheel arch, but whatever ... Only 1 tyre needed to be changed, with another one an advisory, so just got a full new set of tyres on my spare alloys so I can get the originals refurbed.

The electric sunroof mod is now complete - the lighting fixture has been sprayed and is back in the car.

Will get a photo of it in the car soon - the switch sticks out quite a lot so will probably replace it with a flat window switch so it sits in the fitting a little better.

I've changed the exhaust to a Hornet branded thing - no idea what it is, but it's on.

I've broken my sub down (out of its box) into a false floor - so have to carpet that. My power cable for my amp managed to burn out in one point, so not sure what happened there but will replace/extend that - so a bit of work to go on in the boot, will post a separate update when I do that with some photos.

The next thing that I've been planning is adding air con. I've read old posts about it, people asking why would you even bother, etc etc - fully expecting this to cost more than it's worth haha, but why not. If I can do it, I will.

At the moment I'm just working out exactly what parts I'll need, according to the haynes manual there's not much - so far I've got a list together using the haynes manual and online sources:
- Compressor
- Expansion Valve
- Condenser
- Dryer
- Pressure Switch
- Temperature Switch
- Control Unit
- Control
- Switch

The haynes manual doesn't show all of the above, but as soon as I'm happy I know exactly what I need I'll order the bits and start posting it's progress.

That's all for now, will be back soon with some photo updates.

Update on the air con
I read before that you couldn't do it on a right hand drive, finally worked out why; the steering column. The only way around this would be to reroute the air flow to the passenger side (and lose the glovebox), which I believe is what Citroen tried for a few right hand drives anyway. The noise that this will produce, and the subsequently inefficient air con that follows just doesn't seem worth it. Well, saves a few hundred to spend on something else instead!

Last edited by BackSheep; 3rd July 2017 at 10:35. Reason: Added update for air con
Old 9th August 2017, 11:45   #25
BackSheep
L-plater

Not a lot going on for me with the car at the moment.

Changed the following this weekend just gone:

- Oil filter
- Fuel filter
- Engine flush/new oil
- Gearbox oil
- Spark plugs
- Coil pack

Getting revs bouncing sometimes when I'm sitting idle, also quite a considerable amount of rev lag when changing gears, whether engine hot or cold, whatever the gear.

Have given the rear torsion bars a go but to no luck - slide hammer with M8 bolt, and the bloody things snapped off in the torsion bar.

Got the bolt out, and tried putting a contraption together (tighten bolt against a bracket so it pulls on the bar), and that bolt snapped too.. (picture to follow)
Been spraying penetrating oil on the torsion bars for a week so hoping that's going to loosen them up a little bit because those bastards were not budging - either that or I have cheap shit bolts...

Will attack them again in a week or so...
Old 11th October 2017, 21:21   #26
BackSheep
L-plater

Haven't done anything for a while, recently its just been keeping the car alive, she could do with a bit more care so hopefully I'll spend some money soon. This thread keeps turning into a "what's broken now" update.

Bought my first welder:

Which meant I could get that damn bolt out of my torsion bar:

Planning on attacking them again soon...

Power steering is gone, thought it was the pipe:

Looks like it's the steering rack boot gaiter (massive oversight):

New boot ordered so hoping to fit asap.

In the meantime, the old mans stripped his bike down so I helped him put half of it together, take a look...
Just got the tank to sand and primer, then all to be sprayed, then everything back together.