Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 28th January 2010, 20:06   #161
JamesMTech
L-plater

JamesMTech is on a distinguished road

I notice your bournemouth/loughborough :0 i went to uni there
JamesMTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2010, 20:13   #162
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMTech View Post
Raunchz,

Happy to map Autronic, DTA and MoTeC, wont ever touch Emerald again as it takes so long and you cant burn a single site on the map at a time.

Generally we are so busy with our V4 stuff we turn most other stuff away as its not worth the hassle!

Cheers,
Matt
Quote:
I notice your bournemouth/loughborough :0 i went to uni there
Ah okay.

Cracking Uni !!!! Almost done now before I get back into the real world of work !
Old 28th January 2010, 23:22   #163
JamesMTech
L-plater

lol Butler for life!
Old 29th January 2010, 06:11   #164
Sandy309
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 XSi
Sandy309 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
wont ever touch Emerald again as it takes so long and you cant burn a single site on the map at a time.
You can, the live adjustments page using the target does exactly that.
Sandy309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 10:08   #165
blocks85
Regular Poster

Car(s): track saxo vts, subaru 1800 pick up, daihatsu four
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
blocks85 is on a distinguished road

A few more pics of the aftermath of being down the farm last night for a few hours and fitting the intercooler, plenum etc.

We had the inlet plenum modify'd so theres a few pics of that where i had the top point taken off and a piece of flat welded on it.

The bumper had a hammering with a air hacksaw to get the cooler to fit, so that on the car now and ready to give us some cooler act's!.

Thanks for looking!.

cheers
blocks85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 10:54   #166
JamesMTech
L-plater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy309 View Post
You can, the live adjustments page using the target does exactly that.
Thats a bit of an amature way of mapping it though, I like to see all the sites, not just the current one, and with a car that boosts hard etc you tend to drift off to the next site without even reasing... (even with a DD rolling road that has very good speed/load holding!)

The old GEMs system used to use a similar ethod but they switched over to a 3D grid and numeric grid around 2003.

When using the grid, youi ave to Al-PO press Ok etc etc (I cant remember the exact process) then it take 8 seconds to burn the whole map...

Everyone has a preference though!

Matt
Old 29th January 2010, 12:57   #167
blocks85
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barton1806 View Post
Loving the car. Only just found this thread. Seen it a Castle Comb last year on the last trackday of the year with BHPtrackdys. Was down there in my VTR just watching to see if I was up for one. Was super quick on the track was it turbo at that day or no as I saw you was keeping with the clio sports and scooby on the straights and leaving them through the bends.

Would you recomend a trackday with BHP as I am looking to do one?

Check out my progress thread not massive but just started.

Tom

Your car looks good bud, coming on well. yeah the BHP track days are really good as there open pit all day so you can go in out as you like. im doing a day down there on the 27th feb to give the car a run out and see how it is. if your about say hello.
cheers
Old 29th January 2010, 12:59   #168
blocks85
Regular Poster

you should come down and take your car round combe!!
Old 29th January 2010, 17:02   #169
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 gti/ SEAT LCR
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

looking good mate, when is it being re-mapped? what injectors are you using?
Old 29th January 2010, 18:09   #170
blocks85
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygti View Post
looking good mate, when is it being re-mapped? what injectors are you using?
Alright bud, hopefully looking to get the car all put back together and back to matt for mapping in the next couple of weeks. It needs to be done as were doing a track day at castle combe on the 27th feb so needs to be sorted before then. We are running clio 172 330cc injectors now, so they should be good enough for the job. Cheers
Old 29th January 2010, 18:11   #171
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 gti/ SEAT LCR
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blocks85 View Post
Alright bud, hopefully looking to get the car all put back together and back to matt for mapping in the next couple of weeks. It needs to be done as were doing a track day at castle combe on the 27th feb so needs to be sorted before then. We are running clio 172 330cc injectors now, so they should be good enough for the job. Cheers
cool, ill be eagerly waiting the results..

have you got any idea on spec of the new turbo?

i thought clio 1*2 injectors were 282cc??
Old 29th January 2010, 19:40   #172
Sandy309
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 XSi
Sandy309 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thats a bit of an amature way of mapping it though, I like to see all the sites, not just the current one, and with a car that boosts hard etc you tend to drift off to the next site without even reasing... (even with a DD rolling road that has very good speed/load holding!)

The old GEMs system used to use a similar ethod but they switched over to a 3D grid and numeric grid around 2003.

When using the grid, youi ave to Al-PO press Ok etc etc (I cant remember the exact process) then it take 8 seconds to burn the whole map...

Everyone has a preference though!

Matt
Dave Walker's one of the most respected Mappers in the country and he co-developed the system, not exactly amateur. I prefer to see the whole map too and IMO no system does that as well as DTA S-series, but I've somehow managed to set up some serious N/A and boosted engines on Emerald using that method.

The Clio 1*2 injectors (IWP042) will max at about 200-210bhp on a boosted engine with appropriate AFR.
Sandy309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 22:38   #173
blocks85
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy309 View Post
Dave Walker's one of the most respected Mappers in the country and he co-developed the system, not exactly amateur. I prefer to see the whole map too and IMO no system does that as well as DTA S-series, but I've somehow managed to set up some serious N/A and boosted engines on Emerald using that method.

The Clio 1*2 injectors (IWP042) will max at about 200-210bhp on a boosted engine with appropriate AFR.
Thanks for the info on the injectors sandy, if thats the case ill be very happy with 200. Top end power was never a problem we felt as speed could always be maintained as the car would corner so fast. Where we would lose out was if we got backed up behind cars, We lacked torque as sometimi like a evo with a turbo could pull past as having the torque. With having an engine that is producing more torque than power at the mo, all i can say is its going to be awesome and for the money we have spent to achieve its an absolute bargain. Hopefully with about 200 it should not eat too many gearboxes as it an out and out track car. if we were running more power, boxes and diffs etc would be a big prob and the aim of this build is to make something we can do ourselves and keep costs to an absolute minimum which i hope you can understand. Many thanks again. Chris
Old 1st February 2010, 12:48   #174
blocks85
Regular Poster

hey peeps, heres a few more pics from this weekends antics. we only got to spend a few on sunday with the car. we managed to finish fitting the intercooler pipes, fit the turbo back on and relocate the oil cooler to where the old cooler was.

As its back together now(except fitting bumper back on) im hoping that matt is going to be able to have us back down MTECH on sunday so we can get the car finished.

When that side of the car is sorted it will be a case of double, tripple checking it all ready fro the track day at castle combe on the 27th feb!.

cheers chris and chris

Thanks for looking peeps.
Old 1st February 2010, 14:03   #175
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

Looks great - will be cool to hear how it feels on the track with the large amount of extra torque !
Old 1st February 2010, 15:07   #176
blocks85
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunchz View Post
Looks great - will be cool to hear how it feels on the track with the large amount of extra torque !
cheers bud, we have put all solid mounts on it now too, it rattles to say the least but as its a full track car thats really the lst of our worries.

yeah the extra torque is gonna be awesome, the main benefit will be when you get backed up behind cars then you have to overtake from slow ish speeds where monentum cant be kept. is gonna be interesting!!!!

thanks
Old 1st February 2010, 15:27   #177
Liam_
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Integra DC5R & VTS
iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
Liam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to behold

Impressive stuff. I see you've added a breather to the exhaust cam cover... have you added an internal baffle plate to it too?

Unlike the inlet cam cover, the exhaust doesn't have an internal baffle so you might find it empties a fair bit of oil into your catch tank.
Liam_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:06   #178
blocks85
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeumH View Post
Impressive stuff. I see you've added a breather to the exhaust cam cover... have you added an internal baffle plate to it too?

Unlike the inlet cam cover, the exhaust doesn't have an internal baffle so you might find it empties a fair bit of oil into your catch tank.
hi there bud, yeah your right in noticeing that there is a breather on both cam covers, what you cant see is the the return from the catch tank to he block which any oil that does come into the catch tank ends up straight bank in the sump. we did have probs before with it putting loads of oil in the catch tank, but soon as we put the return in its fine and outs the oil back in the engine!.

cheers
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:22   #179
adzvtr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): supercharged vts. 1.1 saxo. accord type r
adzvtr is infamous around these partsadzvtr is infamous around these partsadzvtr is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blocks85 View Post
hi there bud, yeah your right in noticeing that there is a breather on both cam covers, what you cant see is the the return from the catch tank to he block which any oil that does come into the catch tank ends up straight bank in the sump. we did have probs before with it putting loads of oil in the catch tank, but soon as we put the return in its fine and outs the oil back in the engine!.

cheers
car is awsome m8, and what a simle but effective idea on the catch tank, hats off to u guys with the build, keep it up
your car wipes mine out , any day . looking good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia_Bush View Post
lady charger ftw in this case
adzvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:43   #180
Regan
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): vtr soon to be a Vts-Gti
Regan is on a distinguished road

Wow ! nice work
Regan is offline   Reply With Quote