Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music Please use this forum to discuss Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music.

Old 14th July 2009, 15:25   #21
samh12

Car(s): None Yet :(
samh12 is on a distinguished road

PS3!!!
samh12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 19:53   #22
RS_Matt
Established Member

Car(s): Scooby.
RS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to behold

PS3 - bluerays are mindblowing. The 60gb has SACD capability which is also mindblowing. They say it's playability that makes a console/game but I disagree it's the graphics.

Multiplayer Connections are getting there slowly too. I can host a game easily with folk in Mexico, I still can't invite the lad up the road into my party though lol.
RS_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 02:19   #23
b0t13
Saxperience Post Whore
North West Region Member

Car(s): Vts
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!b0t13 is absolutely fabulous!

ps3 myself, better in everyway apart from online
b0t13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 09:26   #24
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Matt View Post
They say it's playability that makes a console/game but I disagree it's the graphics.
Removing this statement from the PS3vXbox arguement i find your statement very hard to beleive? How can the graphics make a console/game. If it looks like great and plays like a turd then how can it be good?

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 09:47   #25
JimoVTR
Saxperience Addict
South West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Megane 03 1.6 VVTi Dynamique
JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!

I have both - and tbh, PS3 kicks the Shit-Box's ass to death

I love PS3 - im horny just thinking about it
JimoVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 09:48   #26
JimoVTR
Saxperience Addict

JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!JimoVTR is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Removing this statement from the PS3vXbox arguement i find your statement very har dot beleive? How can the graphics make a console/game. If it looks like great and plays like a turd then how can it be good?
If they made it look Real Life.

They could make a shit tomb raider, with a naked Lara

Ker-Ching

Old 16th July 2009, 11:19   #27
gazwhittle
Saxperience Forum Bum
North West Region Member

Car(s): Citroen C2 Rthym Soon to be VT* upgrade.
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
gazwhittle has a spectacular aura aboutgazwhittle has a spectacular aura aboutgazwhittle has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo_tom1234 View Post
xbox live is cool as.
Xbox live is for noobs !!! . paying money to play online ! robbery , im sorry but if a high key tv company can provide free servers im sure the world leaders in computer os can provide the came.

ive just sold my xbox360 , got a 40gb ps3 and baugh a 320gb hdd from scan for £40!!!
Old 16th July 2009, 11:36   #28
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

rofl PSN is absolutely gash compared to xbox live, live is worth the £29 a year.

PS3 is a good console, controller is a bit pish but always has been since the PS1. Blu ray is a nice addition.

I still prefer my 360 over my ps3

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 09:40   #29
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

Quote:
Removing this statement from the PS3vXbox arguement i find your statement very hard to beleive? How can the graphics make a console/game. If it looks like great and plays like a turd then how can it be good?
Agree totally. I still play old game that I got when I was a kid. I can enjoy a old 8 or 16 bit game as much if not more than most modern games. This is one of the reasons the Wii is selling so well. It may not be the most powerful but people have great fun playing with it.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 10:24   #30
RS_Matt
Established Member

Car(s): Scooby.
RS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to beholdRS_Matt is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The old 'sensible soccer' versus 'fifa' debate! it was 50-50 but personally I prefer realism. They say Battlefield 1943 smashes any other online experience, and it is fun, but It feels like being at war in a cartoon.

Last edited by RS_Matt; 19th July 2009 at 10:26.
RS_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 12:44   #31
JimoVTR
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
rofl PSN is absolutely gash compared to xbox live, live is worth the £29 a year.

PS3 is a good console, controller is a bit pish but always has been since the PS1. Blu ray is a nice addition.

I still prefer my 360 over my ps3
PSN is awsome.... paid for Live once... never again, whats the point in paying £30 for something you can get for free on a better consol

The controls for the PS have always been better than X-Box

thats my poinion anyway
Old 19th July 2009, 13:13   #32
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimoVTR View Post
The controls for the PS have always been better than X-Box
You are taking the piss right? There not a bad shape, built quite well and if you ignore the analogue stick are quite good. There a lot like the old SNES controllers that were one of the all time great controllers. But the PS analogue sticks are shocking! The Sega Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, Microsoft Xbox, Microsoft Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo GameCube and even N64 (untill it wears out) have substantially better analogue joysticks. My PS3 contoler feels more like I am playing with 10 year old warn out N64 controller. Popper pants
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2009, 13:16   #33
JimoVTR
Saxperience Addict

personal choice... but im sony all the way
Old 21st July 2009, 15:21   #34
jackomc999
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Saxo mk2 VTS BMW e46 coupe
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
jackomc999 is on a distinguished road

i did have xbox 360 until the rrod but now have ps3 at first i hated it but am starting to like the ps3 now so
either but ps3 looks better
jackomc999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 18:07   #35
MarkyG
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): '03 Posi Blue VTS (R.I.P) 11 Plate Peugeot 'thing'
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
MarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to beholdMarkyG is a splendid one to behold

I cant say I like just one. Both are good in their own aspects. Siince the new dashboard for the 360 was released I got lost.

PS3 menu system is easy to navigate, never really notice loading times of games if I'm honest, doesn't really bother me much.

One thing I do agree on is the PS3's analog sticks. Truly shocking and a majority of the time completely uncalibrated, have a mind of their own and are just in the wrong position completely. This is where the 360 kicks arse! Seriously.

As for the online feature of the PS3, never had any problems, able to invite all friends and join all friends matches, prefer not having to pay for online pay, but the 360 is just so fluent and fast with the multiplayer side of things.

Just my 2p

Girl, There Is No GOD In The Bedroom, It's Just Me
MarkyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2009, 21:26   #36
ashwilson
Established Member

ashwilson is on a distinguished road

ps3 all day long.

Dont like the fact that you have to pay for using xbox live.
ashwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 16:19   #37
PSPDan
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
PSPDan is on a distinguished road

The only argument people have against Xbox Live is that you have ot pay for it? It's hardly expensive and is so much better than PSN. I'm sure some Sony fanboys will post telling me it's actually good blah blah but simply put, they are looking at it through rose tinted glasses.

I was always Sony right up until I got a 360 for Christmas as a surprise and I honestly can say that it's a brilliant machine. On paper the PS3 is awesome but when it comes down to enjoyment and playability I've always found the 360 to come out on top. Whenever I go on a PS3 or see people on one they seem to be there like "OMG LOOK HOW REAL THIS TREE LOOKS!!!" after they've just crashed until it due to the shite controllers.

Blu Ray is awesome though and I'm sure with time game developers will grasp it's full potential and this will be a sad day for Microsoft. At the end of the day both machines are fantastic, both have pros and cons, and both will be replaced in a few years so until then I'll just enjoy my 360.

I just feel sorry for the Wii.
PSPDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 16:35   #38
Liam_LFC_VTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Ireland Region Member

Car(s): French piece of shit. (VTR)
Liam_LFC_VTR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPDan View Post
The only argument people have against Xbox Live is that you have ot pay for it? It's hardly expensive and is so much better than PSN. I'm sure some Sony fanboys will post telling me it's actually good blah blah but simply put, they are looking at it through rose tinted glasses.

I was always Sony right up until I got a 360 for Christmas as a surprise and I honestly can say that it's a brilliant machine. On paper the PS3 is awesome but when it comes down to enjoyment and playability I've always found the 360 to come out on top. Whenever I go on a PS3 or see people on one they seem to be there like "OMG LOOK HOW REAL THIS TREE LOOKS!!!" after they've just crashed until it due to the shite controllers.

Blu Ray is awesome though and I'm sure with time game developers will grasp it's full potential and this will be a sad day for Microsoft. At the end of the day both machines are fantastic, both have pros and cons, and both will be replaced in a few years so until then I'll just enjoy my 360.

I just feel sorry for the Wii.
Xbox 360 does NOT come out on top when its down to enjoyment and playability.

There's nothing wrong with the controllers. I have played the PS2 and PS3 for years and found no problems with the controllers.

BTW I have owned both consoles so im not biased

Only thing Xbox 360 has that is better than PS3 is Xbox Live, and that's it.
Liam_LFC_VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 19:38   #39
PSPDan
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
PSPDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_LFC_VTR View Post
Xbox 360 does NOT come out on top when its down to enjoyment and playability.

There's nothing wrong with the controllers. I have played the PS2 and PS3 for years and found no problems with the controllers.

BTW I have owned both consoles so im not biased

Only thing Xbox 360 has that is better than PS3 is Xbox Live, and that's it.
The PS2 controller was much better than the Xbox. But the 360 controller is much better than the PS3's which is essentially just a wireless PS2 controller.

I am also not biased but I was going on my own opinion and the opinions of people I've spoken to.

Everyone says "the only thing better about Xbox is Xbox Live" as if it's some pointless extra when in reality good online play is what helps the majority of people decide which they want. Unless of course you're from Wales where they have no internet yet.
PSPDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 19:42   #40
E3D
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Furio 1.4 2002
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
E3D will become famous soon enough

The only good games for gaystation are:
warhawk
uncharted
god of war
mgs5
(and some shity psn games are ok like monsters)

I have a gaystation 3 but id much prefer a crashbox 3shitty. I could bought a premium and 8 games with 4 controllers. instead of the 60gb and 2 games and 2 controllers. most games worth getting seem to be on both consoles but cheaper on the 360 wft is with that.

stupid waste of money sitting in my room overpriced oversized dust collecting pc that and all the fanboys acting like its good just cus its got a blueray player that iv never used. MEH i say MEH.
heres what i think of my gaystation.

Last edited by E3D; 27th July 2009 at 19:48.
E3D is offline   Reply With Quote